IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Back top of the scoring charts again. Still in disbelief how many he's getting under Carlo. Honestly, he's gone from me believing he wont make it at this level, to me thinking he would be a useful squad player for us, to potentially being a 20+ season striker. 

I’m guilty of thinking the same Aidan so you’re in good company mate, even if I do say so myself 😁

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m guilty of thinking the same Aidan so you’re in good company mate, even if I do say so myself 😁

Just goes to show how much a player can improve doesn't it? Hes always been capable physically, and has developed really well technically, but most of all his intelligence has gone through the roof. His brain has soaked up so much of what it has been taught from countless managers, and Dunc. In fact, the many roles managers have given him if anything have possibly helped him to become more of a rounded player. 

Still wouldn't like him at RWB though! 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I think DCL's recent rise just shows how the right manager at the right time with the right system can work wonders for a player. 

I think he has improved his all round play but I don't think it is by that much. The difference to DCL is that he is playing in the right areas far more often and he is getting the service. His movement has always been very good but it has been wasted down the channels or with poor quality delivery. Now his movement is so much more focused and when he gets those chances he is invariably scoring. I dont think I have ever seen a striker score so many goals from in or around the six yard box. 

I think the last bit is key, his instinct has always been there but his execution wasn’t because he was having to work and think more. He’s got to be one of the most efficient strikers going at the moment, how many 1 touch goals does he have this season? Obviously due to the service too

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I think the last bit is key, his instinct has always been there but his execution wasn’t because he was having to work and think more. He’s got to be one of the most efficient strikers going at the moment, how many 1 touch goals does he have this season? Obviously due to the service too

I'm not sure about the one touch finishing, but he's got 5 goals in the 6 yard box, already equal to the total he had last season. 

On 23/11/2020 at 19:11, Romey 1878 said:

Put him in the box, feed him the ball in the area, he'll score. Simple as that.

Goals win games and he's scoring goals. It's why I love him playing for us and why I loved Lukaku and Yak playing for us. Strikers can do fuck all else for all I care.

Thing is he still has ample room for improvement. Physically he’s excellent and his positioning has come on leaps and bounds. It’s so refreshing to see someone who has worked their ass off and is reaping the rewards

On 23/11/2020 at 09:11, Romey 1878 said:

Put him in the box, feed him the ball in the area, he'll score. Simple as that.

Goals win games and he's scoring goals. It's why I love him playing for us and why I loved Lukaku and Yak playing for us. Strikers can do fuck all else for all I care.

He won us the game on Sunday....

Equally important to his goals was his ability to be an outlet when we were under the cosh. Absolute masterclass.  If we had a goalscorer on the pitch we would have drawn or lost the game.... Dom is a footballer and that's why we won.

I've never been arsed about his goal tally, as long as you win because of the striker is the thing.  Firminho has always been my example. 

On 26/11/2020 at 09:51, Hafnia said:

He won us the game on Sunday....

Equally important to his goals was his ability to be an outlet when we were under the cosh. Absolute masterclass.  If we had a goalscorer on the pitch we would have drawn or lost the game.... Dom is a footballer and that's why we won.

I've never been arsed about his goal tally, as long as you win because of the striker is the thing.  Firminho has always been my example. 

This is the reason I voted him MoM. The last ten minutes of the game was the Dom show.... we were going to concede again until he decided to stop the game and control it.

53 minutes ago, Shukes said:

This is the reason I voted him MoM. The last ten minutes of the game was the Dom show.... we were going to concede again until he decided to stop the game and control it.

Throughout the game his link up play was brilliant. Looks like a very confident player at the minute doesnt he? 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Exactly the same reasons as I did also, hugely impressive and mature performance from him, might need the same today 😳

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with all 5 posts above, he was once again so important to us last night. I don’t think I’ve ever see a player win an aerial duel and his own knock on so many times, he’s done it all the time he’s been at Everton, usual on the wing in his early days, now it’s more central. I think there’s still flaws in his game, his distance shooting needs work, but in the box he’s like Lineacre but a hugely bulked up version, and in the air probably the best in the PL, and so strong, Mendys assault ( should have had a yellow at least) for the pen would have left many needing treatment, but Dom gets up smiling 😀

I was wincing watching MOTD when they were talking about MU needing a proper CF fully expecting them to say they needed to go for Dom

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

He’s worth double what Harry Kane is worth

Age wise and potential I'd say he's worth more but let's be honest. Kane has developed into a top all round player, his finishing has been world class and now he's dropping deep and proving he can really play too.   I expect Kane to play well against Liverpool today.  He just needs to stop that "tunnelling" bullshit where he tries to win a foul by toppling a player who has jumped for a header, dangerous and needs punishment 

DCL is the best hold up striker in the league.   The endless arguments as to why Lukaku did or didn't need to do the stuff we seen DCL do yesterday was answered (they have been before)..... Not that Rom could do that role - the technical ability, attitude, and fitness isn't there. 

That's not just an excuse to give Rom a kicking, yesterday's game wouldn't have suited James either. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Age wise and potential I'd say he's worth more but let's be honest. Kane has developed into a top all round player, his finishing has been world class and now he's dropping deep and proving he can really play too.   I expect Kane to play well against Liverpool today.  He just needs to stop that "tunnelling" bullshit where he tries to win a foul by toppling a player who has jumped for a header, dangerous and needs punishment 

DCL is the best hold up striker in the league.   The endless arguments as to why Lukaku did or didn't need to do the stuff we seen DCL do yesterday was answered (they have been before)..... Not that Rom could do that role - the technical ability, attitude, and fitness isn't there. 

That's not just an excuse to give Rom a kicking, yesterday's game wouldn't have suited James either. 

Yeah agreed on Kane but DCL is much younger and the ceiling is higher and he can improve.  Kane is no longer the beast he was, Son is their best forward now, Kane hasn’t been the same since that injury IMO

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Yeah agreed on Kane but DCL is much younger and the ceiling is higher and he can improve.  Kane is no longer the beast he was, Son is their best forward now, Kane hasn’t been the same since that injury IMO

I wouldn’t say that mate, he’s literally been a provider for 90% of their goals and a massive reason they are on top of the league. Kane has been excellent this season. 
Im noticing more due to us not being able to do much due to COVID haha. Watching much more football these days.

Thank the lord for Football lol.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Kane's their main player.  I've always said he's a very good player but he's surprised me this season. His passing has been sublime. Snidey bastard too and mourinho has coached it into his game big time. 

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

You clearly haven't watched much of Spurs this season. 

Even considering Mourinho's increasingly negative tactics, Kane is playing as well as I have seen him. At times he is just toying with defenders as if he is on a different level. 

17 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

If anything, Kane is better than he’s ever been this season. The big difference between Kane and DCL is outside the box where Kane is much better; whether it’s shooting from distance or picking out a team mate. Dom’s passing/decision making is what lets him down at times.

Dom has been immense over the past 12 months, but rose tinted glasses off, we need to see become the norm over a couple of seasons before talking about him in the same breath of Harry Kane. Kane's goal per game ratio has continually been off the scale since he broke on to the scene and his assists stats is mighty impressive as well. Top top player, this will be his 7th season in a row battling at the top of the premier leagues goal charts (and still only 27 this season). I am amazed that he hasn't been plucked from Spur's by the best and riches clubs in the world - so a bit of kudos to both Kane and Spurs for staying together. Truly a player you can build a team around. 

I would love us to continually have  that sort of relationship with Dom. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

Dom has been immense over the past 12 months, but rose tinted glasses off, we need to see become the norm over a couple of seasons before talking about him in the same breath of Harry Kane. Kane's goal per game ratio has continually been off the scale since he broke on to the scene and his assists stats is mighty impressive as well. Top top player, this will be his 7th season in a row battling at the top of the premier leagues goal charts (and still only 27 this season). I am amazed that he hasn't been plucked from Spur's by the best and riches clubs in the world - so a bit of kudos to both Kane and Spurs for staying together. Truly a player you can build a team around. 

I would love us to continually have  that sort of relationship with Dom. 

I think I read last night that he has 9 goals and 10 assists this season which is almost unheard of for a striker known for his goal scoring!

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think I read last night that he has 9 goals and 10 assists this season which is almost unheard of for a striker known for his goal scoring!

Kane as matured into a leader and all round team player, he cares more about the team winning than his own ego, 10 assists is phenomenal most for Son I’m guessing.