IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

It looked like he put backspin on that shot so I'm not entirely sure he struck it as intended! 

I scored a similar goal in 5 a side this week, practically power chipped it into the top corner! Maybe its a new technique! 

The pass to Richarlison would have been easily intercepted if the defender wasn't looking the other way as well. Maitland-Niles was very lucky a couple of times. 

I was really impressed with his hold up play against Arsenal though and in the preceding games too. 

24 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I think he hit it with his left foot the way any good right footed player would. Went for a side footed curler rather than power. I scored more left footed than with my right for the same reason.

His run was excellent, but no surprise. He used to do that on the wings often in his early days. He was always technically good.

Same with his passing, he is always receiving the ball and instantly looking up, and understands easily to play it past the back of defenders feet to unbalance them.

He’s turning into the finished article and when he does get there which won’t be too far away he will be unstoppable. 
Interesting thought crossed my mind DCL or Lukaku who would you want out of the two of them open question to everyone. 
DCL for me and I wouldn’t have said that a year ago. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

He’s turning into the finished article and when he does get there which won’t be too far away he will be unstoppable. 
Interesting thought crossed my mind DCL or Lukaku who would you want out of the two of them open question to everyone. 
DCL for me and I wouldn’t have said that a year ago. 

DCL considering the team around him without a doubt. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think he hit it with his left foot the way any good right footed player would. Went for a side footed curler rather than power. I scored more left footed than with my right for the same reason.

His run was excellent, but no surprise. He used to do that on the wings often in his early days. He was always technically good.

Same with his passing, he is always receiving the ball and instantly looking up, and understands easily to play it past the back of defenders feet to unbalance them.

I disagree, he went for power and because of his technique ended up with backspin and a slight bit of curl. Watching it back it didn't help that he slipped... didn't do bad considering! 

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

I disagree, he went for power and because of his technique ended up with backspin and a slight bit of curl. Watching it back it didn't help that he slipped... didn't do bad considering! 

He hits it with the side of his foot didn’t he? I’ll have to watch it back.... but I was sure he hit it with the inside of his boot. Didn’t look like he laced it at all.

But i could be wrong, commenting more on first impression than analysis.

Allan and DCL all day long.

Allan is an upgrade on Gana based on passing range, Gana has the edge in mobility.... Both machines who don't stop working so either of them for me but Allan gets the nod. 

DCL, forget Lukaku - we would have not got the results we had this season with Lukaku.  I would have DCL over most strikers.  My next choice after DCL would be Firminho.

DCL isn't as polished in his attacking play as many strikers but his ability to take pressure off our midfield and defence is off the scale.... Throw in his penalty area awareness and movement and he now is getting amongst the goals.