IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I thought he did OK at the weekend but he still let Hazard run behind him to get to the byline inside the area because he was ball watching and then in another example he again got caught out by good movement with a little bit of ball watching and instead of moving across to Hazard he shifted himself the other way to try and intercept a ball that was never played (mainly as there was no-one there) allowing Hazard even more space to carry the ball forward and unleash a shot which Pickford had to save. In fairness to him he almost got back into position.

He also got very lucky on the edge of the box when he tried to turn and got tackled turning the ball over however the ref blew for a foul which wasnt. 

He has been fantastic in recent weeks but these are where he lets himself down. They didnt result in goals this time but they do over the course of the season. He has improved loads in his positioning under Silva though, similar to Keane. It just shows how good of a manager he is IMO.

Hazard runs past every player Bailey the guy is on another level mate.

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

When I get to my computer I’ll give a more in-depth response. But to the point on him scoring - I don’t expect him to because I don’t expect him to be in that area as he should be watching the back door. However, when he shoots I actually have hope and don’t think “oh not again” as I’ve felt with other, more attack minded players. Less opportunity does not equal bad at something. That said, his hits on target are 1 in 5 so not great, but not bad for someone who’s supposed to be defensive 

Ok, no hurry.  I, too, want him back up the pitch the vast majority of the time.  I do want more attackers, but that’s not his strength, about which we all agree.  I get a little nervous when either Coleman or Digne (and especially when both) are down the side, but we’re exposed to the counter.  It’s a matter of balance.  I’ve little sense yet of Gomes’s shot.  And I confess unlike you I am still very much in the “oh not again” mode.  That could change, though unless he scores a few, it won’t for me.  And honestly, I would generally think it a bad sign if Gana is consistently blasting forward toward the opponent’s box.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

You're either thick or pathetic. I'm guessing the latter and you're playing a game to make me waste my time as if that some how makes you a winner. All have been answered previously. 

You haven't though have you Pete?  I'll do you a deal..... PROVE these accusations and I will never reply to a post of yours that counters anything you say .. . 

Come on..... answer those questions. PROVE ME WRONG. The rest of the forum would thank you for it. 

Unless you do ... there is only one liar, one pathetic person and as for thick? You must be thick to even assume I'm thick enough to not know how to deal with your bullshit.   But I won't get into the name calling..... it makes you look even more ridiculous when you start  turning on the crocodile tears within your next few posts. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

You know that villa went down and we played shit football because of the manager right? 

I'm still waiting for him to prove some accusations of me being a liar Matt.   The last time I challenged him to do this he got all hostile and upset and the thread was closed. I'm personally expecting he either proves it or apologises. 

Calling me a liar is up there with being called a racist or a thief.  

Other than that....  the whole player who won the league vs player who got relegated is pure bullshit.... Roy Keane got relegated the year Darren Ferguson won a premier league winners medal. Utter shite argument. 

Scott Gemmil better than Gana?  Did I actually see him repeat that. 

16 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I'm still waiting for him to prove some accusations of me being a liar Matt.   The last time I challenged him to do this he got all hostile and upset and the thread was closed. I'm personally expecting he either proves it or apologises. 

Other than that....  the whole player who won the league vs player who got relegated is pure bullshit.... Roy Keane got relegated the year Darren Ferguson won a premier league winners medal. Utter shite argument. 

Fucking liar :shakingfist:

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Please expand on all the unsubstantiated shite that Haf refers to. How's that a fact? 

As for Gana list all the things he done last week that was more than expected of any player. Like I said Gomes had the same defensive stats but was instrumental in our play. Why is Gana only expected to do half a job? 

I actually watched the match and he tackle on Hazard ACTUALLY happened.

You know what, I’m not getting drawn haha.

18 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Fucking liar :shakingfist:

I'm serious though pad.  He gets all pious on posts tries to take moral high ground and accuses me of being a liar.... completely unfounded.   

This is from someone who is trying to convince us that Scott gemmill was a better player.....  the irony. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

So you can blame the manager for making the “mistake”’of putting him on the field, but it’s Ganas fault for shite football and a relegation?

How can you blame the manager for what the players do? Carlos Sanchez looked awful at Villa, I thought he was fucking garbage and was shocked he was an international whenever I watched villa the season they went down, but then Schneiderlin had the same problem but here. Common factor Gana. 

We played good football with Barry and Davies against City the season before. Best game we had in the previous 2 seasons. Best spell we had was when Gana was in Africa. 

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I’m

talking about you NOT watching all the other players regularly that you say are better- absolutely nothing to do with not going the match- you don’t watch all the players you claim are better even remotely regularly do I suggest you read my post again.

I know MJB pointed it out. My bad sorry Pad. 

23 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Already proven you lie, ffs your nickname was Billy on here wasn't it?You make shit up like it's fact. You've accused me of saying shit that I hadn't just to try and make me look uncreditable. You're shameless, much like Mr Trump. Much like Mr Trump you're also anti immigrantion so yea people could say you're racist you just don't realise it (as explained by Palfy's post in another thread). 

No idea if you're a theif. 

I'd hazard a bet that the thread for closed as you lost your head. You don't debate you bully. Elston points out a few things about Gana and you got all aggressive. No doubt some posters won't contribute as they are intimidated by your aggressive bullying demeanour. 

2 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Yes, definitely fair.  Concrete examples help me.  I mentioned way back upthread how surprised I was when that rocket shot hit the post.  Now, fair’s fair, surely almost no one on TT thinks Everton can count on Gana to score .  None of us expect that; it’s a big bonus when it happens.  So I do think the claim that he is awful at shooting is closer to fact than to opinion.

Another example, and much more important if it’s fairly typical of Gana.  Responding to what he thought an inaccurate generalization on my part, MikeO provided several match-examples to contradict my generalization.

I’ll repeat that the next 5 matches — 3 mediocre opponents at Goodison, 2 very difficult away matches - should provide plenty of plays to, um, “debate.”  I will guess that Gana’s critics will provide (or claim to, if you prefer) some concrete examples if this debate rages on.  I want to think that my skepticism re Gana was substantially a function of the mismatched Schneiderlin pairing.  So far,  the insertion of Gomes looks very promising.  I suspect that maybe all on TT agree that Gana and Gomes may — by Silva’s design and by learning on the pitch each other’s most effective role — have a chance to control the midfield against all but the top 6.

We probably won’t get a good next test if Gomes is out v. Cardiff.  Maybe not if Sigurdsson is out, either.  I still want to see McCarthy.  Silva cannot count on Gomes and Gana to be injury-free all season.  Happy McCarthy’s not in the RoI squad this weekend.

Gana actually scores a few goals though doesn’t he? All from shots. 

Ok he’s not as gifted in that department as Siggy for example, but he’s far from awful.

But your right, I don’t think anyone would rely on him for goals, but there are worse players who shoot on the team than him.

If Gana was truly an awful player, then wouldn’t he bring his teammate down... rather than look better with them? Maybe that’s evidence to how bad Morgan was alongside him.

PeteO has just pointed out that watching Gana last season was the reason we were shipping goals. But he’s still in the team now? 

Palfy pointed out that he can’t perform against the big boys, but then he puts in an average performance against Utd, and an excellent performance against Chelsea. 

I think the next few matches with important players missing is more of an opportunity to blame Gana for anything g that goes wrong, rather than see if he can step up and fill the obvious gaps.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

PeteO has just pointed out that watching Gana last season was the reason we were shipping goals. But he’s still in the team now

We're still shipping goals! 

People let him off with the Fulham game because we never conceded. Yet they could've had at least 2 thanks to Gana being out of position. 

16 minutes ago, pete0 said:

How can you blame the manager for what the players do? Carlos Sanchez looked awful at Villa, I thought he was fucking garbage and was shocked he was an international whenever I watched villa the season they went down, but then Schneiderlin had the same problem but here. Common factor Gana. 

We played good football with Barry and Davies against City the season before. Best game we had in the previous 2 seasons. Best spell we had was when Gana was in Africa. 

I know MJB pointed it out. My bad sorry Pad. 

Already proven you lie, ffs your nickname was Billy on here wasn't it?You make shit up like it's fact. You've accused me of saying shit that I hadn't just to try and make me look uncreditable. You're shameless, much like Mr Trump. Much like Mr Trump you're also anti immigrantion so yea people could say you're racist you just don't realise it (as explained by Palfy's post in another thread). 

No idea if you're a theif. 

I'd hazard a bet that the thread for closed as you lost your head. You don't debate you bully. Elston points out a few things about Gana and you got all aggressive. No doubt some posters won't contribute as they are intimidated by your aggressive bullying demeanour. 

I was called Billy Bullshitter by a troll who has since been banned.  His reason for it was pretty clear if you have any understanding how the mind of a troll works (I'm guessing you do)....  Maybe my stories of familiarity with certain ex players and having conversations with them or anything else that could appear as being boastful caused that.  

So you are saying I'm racist but don't realise it? That I'm anti-immigration? I'll be honest ... I'm saying right now you apologise and retract that comment or I'll be taking this to the mods to deal with.  Not a PM... you do it right here you fuckin gobshite.

As for the other points.... you proved none. Liar - non. Trump - you decided to use it to create a further lie and accuse me of being racist.  Just your typical throw the board up in the air tactic when cornered.

Backfired.  

You get a warning and apologise or I go.  Simple.  I'll await the mods response. 

Just now, c1982 said:

Go on the Premier League App and look at the player stats comparison tool and select Gana vs Kante - there’s actually not a lot in it in any department. I’m sure Gana doesn’t play forward passes is another ToffeeTalk myth.

It certainly is, I put up a post several weeks ago with exact timings of when he'd done so in a match (I forget which one) but it was ignored by the hate brigade because it was an inconvenient truth.

This thread is plumbing the depths, makes the Lukaku thread seem like civilised debate. Please stop it before my head explodes.

19 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I was called Billy Bullshitter by a troll who has since been banned.  His reason for it was pretty clear if you have any understanding how the mind of a troll works (I'm guessing you do)....  Maybe my stories of familiarity with certain ex players and having conversations with them or anything else that could appear as being boastful caused that.  

So you are saying I'm racist but don't realise it? That I'm anti-immigration? I'll be honest ... I'm saying right now you apologise and retract that comment or I'll be taking this to the mods to deal with.  Not a PM... you do it right here you fuckin gobshite.

As for the other points.... you proved none. Liar - non. Trump - you decided to use it to create a further lie and accuse me of being racist.  Just your typical throw the board up in the air tactic when cornered.

Backfired.  

You get a warning and apologise or I go.  Simple.  I'll await the mods response. 

Already proven you have lied in the past. Quoted whatever you said I'd said and asked you to prove it. Still waiting till this day. 

So now you're a mod and trying to bully an apology, and more projection by saying I'm the one throwing boards. You truly are pathetic. Pretty sure the constant digs at me and the bullying of any one who disagrees with you deserves more of a ticking off. 

Already had the immigration discussion with you, so you can put your toys back in the pram. 

• MikeO locked this topic

Right. The mods and admin have been discussing since the thread was closed nearly 2  days ago. We've been slow to react because there's a couple of things to consider. Whilst we hold our hands up and accept that we should've acted in a stronger manner sooner, we thought previous warnings in our posts and the thread previously being closed last week would've been warning enough. Apparently that's not been the case.

False accusations of racism are completely unacceptable and crossing a line. Pete, it's a simple choice; apologize for false accusations or there's a warning point for you. I'll PM you on top to explain further if needed or, if you want to make a counter argument, feel free to PM one of us mods. But at the end of the day, false accusations of racism will not be tolerated, and that goes for everyone.

Also, if there is something that really upsets/offends, please take it up with one of the mods/admin directly or open a report rather than making it public. It just allows us to treat these issues quicker and in a more simple manner.

• Matt unlocked this topic
2 hours ago, Matt said:

False accusations of racism are completely unacceptable and crossing a line. Pete, it's a simple choice; apologize for false accusations or there's a warning point for you. I'll PM you on top to explain further if needed or, if you want to make a counter argument, feel free to PM one of us mods. But at the end of the day, false accusations of racism will not be tolerated, and that goes for everyone.

If you think the view that being anti immigration is racist deserves a warning point I'd rather take the warning point. Worth noting I've already said this on the board and didn't get a warning previously.

I assume Haf has numerous for bullying or is that tolerated? 

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

If you think the view that being anti immigration is racist deserves a warning point I'd rather take the warning point.

That's not what the point is about pete, it's about you calling Haf a racist; if you can point our where he's expressed racist views then obviously we'd reconsider but I've certainly no recollection of that.

18 minutes ago, pete0 said:

If you think the view that being anti immigration is racist deserves a warning point I'd rather take the warning point. Worth noting I've already said this on the board and didn't get a warning previously.

I assume Haf has numerous for bullying or is that tolerated? 

If you have examples of bullying, of course we’ll review the claim because that’s unacceptable too. Doesn’t excuse the racist claim though. 

Just for further and final clarification to whoever is bothered.   I will be avoiding dialogue with Pete as there really is no point discussing things any further till he addresses the false accusations he has made of me - by way of an apology.  Which he will not.  It's not in his make up to address something he has got wrong.  On this occasion the decision of the mods has had to do that for him. 

My views on immigration are that it requires management... not stopping.   I made this point as per the grenfel disaster... people should not be living in squalor.  I don't really need to go into personal reasons as to how and why this accusation couldn't be more wrong but I won't be dignifying his cheap slander with anything other than that.

As for the lying.... I've asked Pete on several occasions to prove where I have lied.  I really couldn't be arsed posting on a forum and finding reason to lie.... I don't understand the benefit. So I repeatedly asked him to prove this....

This is where the bullying accusations come into place.  It's not bullying to repeatedly challenge someone to prove false accusations.... they may feel like they want the ground to swallow them up and to avoid the situation altogether rather than to say "ok... I'm wrong".   

Other than that... there really is very little to say to someone who would sooner falsely slander someone and not apologise.  It says far more about them than it does me... I'll leave it at that.

Coyb

1 hour ago, Matt said:

If you have examples of bullying, of course we’ll review the claim because that’s unacceptable too. Doesn’t excuse the racist claim though. 

Forgot to add, please send me/us a PM if you want to discuss. 

Further posts that aren’t Gana/Everton related will simply be removed from now on. If you’ve got a problem with that or anything else, again, PM or the other mods/admin

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Forgot to add, please send me/us a PM if you want to discuss. 

Further posts that aren’t Gana/Everton related will simply be removed from now on. If you’ve got a problem with that or anything else, again, PM or the other mods/admin

Is that statement for this topic only.