Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have the Russians working on that. I mean if they can rig an election across all of America, surely they can fix this shit right in their back yard?  Give us a waiver slot for being the only t

More tackles and more interceptions than anyone else on the pitch, despite us having more of the ball. Made more passes than anyone on the field and only Cenk had a better accuracy (only played 10 min

We have just beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd and got a very creditable draw against The Shite Given the fact the Gana has been instrumental in all of the above games can we now safely put to

Posted Images

Anyone here post Gana's wiki article lol.

Idrissa Gana Gueye (born 26 September 1989) is the greatest premier league footballer of all-time and is also a Senegalese professional footballer who plays for English club Everton and the Senegal national team as a defensive midfielder. He will eventually go on to win the Premier league with Everton with his Manager, Ronald Koeman, in the 2016/17 season.

Here's the full link but someone may change it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idrissa_Gueye

High praise indeed, begs the question how did we manage to get him for £7m.

Shame because fans only get excited about players if there is a huge fee attached to their name. Honestly, so many fans derided our transfer window a failure because we didn't make multiple "marquee" (high fee) signings. Realistically, we added a number of good players who are all playing a part in a good start to the season (Stek, Gueye, Bolasie, Williams)

Shame because fans only get excited about players if there is a huge fee attached to their name. Honestly, so many fans derided our transfer window a failure because we didn't make multiple "marquee" (high fee) signings. Realistically, we added a number of good players who are all playing a part in a good start to the season (Stek, Gueye, Bolasie, Williams)

Spot on.

I'd love a fit Besic to be able to learn the role and fill in but don't think he's got the brain or discipline to play the role.

Not sure how realistic it would be but I'd love to try and get Ramires here on loan in the Chinese pre-season for January and February. Think he'd be able to the job Gana does to some extent.

I'd love a fit Besic to be able to learn the role and fill in but don't think he's got the brain or discipline to play the role.

Not sure how realistic it would be but I'd love to try and get Ramires here on loan in the Chinese pre-season for January and February. Think he'd be able to the job Gana does to some extent.

Yep hoping McCarthy or besic is fully fit by then would work but I think he's right we need a replacement. Hope Walsh has one lined up in the January window.

• 2 months later...

Funny no one seems to mind when he does it. My hearts in my mouth every time he has the ball and is closed down. He'll cost us goals this season I absolutely guarantee it.

I mind it but I think he should be allowed a little bit of leeway seeing as he's pretty much the only player we have that puts energy into everything he does, so it wouldn't exactly be a surprise if he gets a bit physically and mentally tired and gives the ball away a few times. Also, you're guaranteed that if and when he does give the ball away he'll work his arse off to get the ball right back. Unlike other players we have, mentioning no names.

I mind it but I think he should be allowed a little bit of leeway seeing as he's pretty much the only player we have that puts energy into everything he does, so it wouldn't exactly be a surprise if he gets a bit physically and mentally tired and gives the ball away a few times. Also, you're guaranteed that if and when he does give the ball away he'll work his arse off to get the ball right back. Unlike other players we have, mentioning no names.

I'm not knocking him he's been great but he needs to learn when to get rid of it rather than trying a Cruyf turn slipping over and letting them in 1 on 1.

I'm not knocking him he's been great but he needs to learn when to get rid of it rather than trying a Cruyf turn slipping over and letting them in 1 on 1.

No doubt about it. I think that will stop when there's less pressure on him to be our everything in terms of energy though. He's in a new team and he's being thrust into being our most important player straight away.

• 1 month later...

Oh thought this was the quarters match! So he's got 1-3 games after this one depending on them progressing?

Thought it was the quarters also so was really happy to see them losing (though it was a draw in the end). As has been said we've done well without him but I'd still rather have him back, midfield options with the emergence of Davies and Schneiderlin signing are extremely exciting.

He's going to have to earn his place. No way should it be automatic. We've done better without him playing.

Earn his place? He's been player of the season without a doubt, the place is his Davies is just keeping it warm. Same with Barry for schneiderlin. Davies can take barkley a place sure but gana has been our best player. I don't want him on the bench.

Earn his place? He's been player of the season without a doubt, the place is his Davies is just keeping it warm. Same with Barry for schneiderlin. Davies can take barkley a place sure but gana has been our best player. I don't want him on the bench.

he has been, but in his absence we've won 5 from 7, I think. You don't change a winning side!

Mirallas doesn't deserve to be dropped though and if you put Davies into that position it ruins what has been working well, especially as we lose Mirallas' pace.

Gana has to warm the bench until someone deserves to be dropped. Same with Schneiderlin and McCarthy. Someone will get injured sooner or later and Barry can play twice a week (if we have to) so they will get their chance.

• Romey 1878 changed the title to Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)
  • Matt locked this topic
  • Matt unlocked this topic
  • Matt locked and unlocked this topic