IGNORED

Weirdness Abounds (or the Idrissa Gana Gueye Thread)

11 hours ago, StevO said:

Anyone been in a room of about 30 people and everyone else had a different answer to a question to you, and not even considered that the other 29 might be right after all?

Yes when I get my contracts managers and supervisors in our weekly meetings and they don’t agree with me because the reality of the situation is harder than they want to except. 

On 19/12/2018 at 14:40, Shukes said:

What are others thoughts on Gana. Other than the two Ps. Don’t mean that rude either.... it’s just you two would replace him with a stickleback.

Is there anyone we could replace him with you could think of? Or do we need a different type of player there?

I'm 100 % with Pete and Palfy when it comes to Gana. And I've clearly expressed my views on Gana earlier in this, at times, amusing thread.
I had very high hopes for young Davies, but somehow he didn't evolve much. Quite opposite, I think. Shame indeed.
Personally I'd love a Barry type... just a tad younger, hehe.

53 minutes ago, Sev said:

I'm 100 % with Pete and Palfy when it comes to Gana. And I've clearly expressed my views on Gana earlier in this, at times, amusing thread.
I had very high hopes for young Davies, but somehow he didn't evolve much. Quite opposite, I think. Shame indeed.

I’m still not sure about Davies. I think he has looked much better this season when he had a run, but doesn’t seem to have progressed much.

I agree with the Barry type, a cultured pass or caresser of the ball. Just not sure who along those lines might be available.

57 minutes ago, Sev said:

Who asked you:shakingfist:?

Oh....Shukes did I see:otvwhistle:.

1 hour ago, Sev said:

I do remember Sev you’ve just kept away from it for a while, I haven’t given up on Davies and I really expected him to play against City from the off, but Silva decided to change his set up and go defensive and ask Gylfi to do what he can’t, should have been Davies playing instead. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I’m still not sure about Davies. I think he has looked much better this season when he had a run, but doesn’t seem to have progressed much.

I agree with the Barry type, a cultured pass or caresser of the ball. Just not sure who along those lines might be available.

Well, me. Except that I'm now too fat and old :P

Been watching Lars Bender for some years. I find him quite good, but there's always the question about fitting into another league and team, of course.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I do remember Sev you’ve just kept away from it for a while, I haven’t given up on Davies and I really expected him to play against City from the off, but Silva decided to change his set up and go defensive and ask Gylfi to do what he can’t, should have been Davies playing instead. 

And I find it quite important that the club uses the young talents as much as possible without taking too many risks. They are, after all, the future.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

£20m plus a player? Because £20m is laughable 

You might think it’s laughable but looked on a independent valuations site and they say the same as the French rag €20m. 

They won’t be queuing up at that price you may say that PeteO Sev and myself don’t know what we’re talking about that’s your opinion and I respect it, but clearly your opinion is not the opinion of the greater football community, it’s more in tune with ours that he is a slightly below average player whose valuation is that of slightly below average midfielder in the top flight. 

But don’t worry yourself about him leaving that won’t happen there’s nobody prepared to pay him what we do, so he will be staying and holding us back for a few more years yet. 

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You might think it’s laughable but looked on a independent valuations site and they say the same as the French rag €20m. 

They won’t be queuing up at that price you may say that PeteO Sev and myself don’t know what we’re talking about that’s your opinion and I respect it, but clearly your opinion is not the opinion of the greater football community, it’s more in tune with ours that he is a slightly below average player whose valuation is that of slightly below average midfielder in the top flight. 

But don’t worry yourself about him leaving that won’t happen there’s nobody prepared to pay him what we do, so he will be staying and holding us back for a few more years yet. 

PSG don’t bother with anyone below average. Not their remit at all!