IGNORED

Collina Explains Dunc Decision

java2001e

:lol: Pierluigi Collina has explained why he controversially disallowed Duncan Ferguson's 'goal' for Everton in their UEFA Champions League qualifier with Villarreal.

http://footballmsn.skysports.com/list.asp?...nel=premiership

Everton felt the decision, last August, cost them their chance to get back into the tie and, ultimately, a lucrative place in the group stages of the competition.

"It was because I've seen a foul made by another player - Bent," revealed Collina.

Wouldn't let it bother you - its all in the past - once again we were done by bad luck...

Its the story of our lives - but we will learn from our mistakes. The team now knows that the europeans are cheating, diving, thieving gypsy bastards and that the quality of European Referring is absolutely diabolical.

It takes time to adjust to Europe - especially as we only had one or two players in the side that had been there before. - the others were all Euro virgins!

Collina may well have pulled up Bent (I thought everyone already knew that?!?!) but it doesnt matter anymore - its done, the final whistle has been blown - we are out and THATS THAT!

Collina got it spot on with his decision and as a result...made sure that Everton never progressed any furthur in Europe and make a total embarressment of this city.

It would be adviseable for Everton to stay well away from Europe in the future and leave it to the men from Anfield :angry:

Collina got it spot on with his decision and as a result...made sure that Everton never progressed any furthur in Europe and make a total embarressment of this city.

It would be adviseable for Everton to stay well away from Europe in the future and leave it to the men from Anfield  :angry:

What like liverpool are doing in the league this season, Champoins of europe? What about champoins of England!

I remember a common saying when man u won Europe that they were not rightfull champions becaus they never won the league to qualify. Explain that one please i am genuinly interested in your explaination!!

I fail to see your point because we are not Champions of England, we are Champions of Europe :angry:

As for Man U...forgive if ive misunderstood you here, but Man Utd won the English league in 1999 thus making them Champions of England and Champions of Europe when they went on to win the Champions league that year :lol:

I fail to see your point because we are not Champions of England, we are Champions of Europe  :)

As for Man U...forgive if ive misunderstood you here, but Man Utd won the English league in 1999 thus making them Champions of England and Champions of Europe when they went on to win the Champions league that year  :)

Won the league "to qualify"!!

Again read S L O W L Y :)

...and the rules state that any side that finishes in the top 4 qualify's.

Liverpool did not finish in the top 4 last season, we finished 5th - but won the trophy itself, so were the holders of the trophy not suppossed to be in the competition.?

I guess you could argue no coz the rules stated..."Top 4"

But then we open up a whole new debate in that it would have made UEFA look stupid to not have the winners of their trophy in the competition.

At the end of the day..it was then up to them what they were to do when faced with a situation like that. :)

...and the rules state that any side that finishes in the top 4 qualify's.

Liverpool did not finish in the top 4 last season, we finished 5th - but won the trophy itself, so were the holders of the trophy not suppossed to be in the competition.?

I guess you could argue no coz the rules stated..."Top 4"

But then we open up a whole new debate in that it would have made UEFA look stupid to not have the winners of their trophy in the competition.

At the end of the day..it was then up to them what they were to do when faced with a situation like that.  :)

My point was when man u finished third they got into Europe for the next season! They then did the treble and liverpool fans all said it didnt count as to be true champoins of Europe you must have qualified by winning your domestic league!

when did Liverpool last win the league then Europe? 80's? Get my point?

when did Liverpool last win the league then Europe? 80's? Get my point?

I get your point......and do you get my point when i ask, when did Everton last win the league and then Europe?

Oooops sorry they've never won Europe at all :)