IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

3 hours ago, barryj said:

Of course not in relation to the penalty. But it’s not professional to not prepare properly. What else goes by the wayside? 

Said in the interview or was because of the international break didn't he?

Fuck me we seem to be going in the right direction for the first time in years and all people can moan about is goalkeepers homework, Walcott not having 10 goals this season and Coleman all of a sudden being a massive weak link a game after returning from injury.

Enjoy it blues.

50 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Said in the interview or was because of the international break didn't he?

Fuck me we seem to be going in the right direction for the first time in years and all people can moan about is goalkeepers homework, Walcott not having 10 goals this season and Coleman all of a sudden being a massive weak link a game after returning from injury.

Enjoy it blues.

I’m absolutely loving our football at the moment. I’m back to looking forward all week to the next game, enjoying going to Goodison and just all round more interested in football. Look through my posts and I don’t think you’ll see many if any negative posts (except big Sam ones). However, just because it’s great at the minute doesn’t mean you cant make an observation.  I’m not negative just suprised in today’s game with so much at stake that something can be forgotten.  

10 hours ago, StevO said:

I thought Jordan just said he doesn’t practice saving penalties too much? Didn’t see or hear anything about not preparing.

he said it himself on MOTD2 that he failed to do any research so his pen was just luck. Not assed about how good we are playing etc. Fail to prepare then prepare to fail. Luck will only carry you so far.

6 hours ago, aaron said:

he said it himself on MOTD2 that he failed to do any research so his pen was just luck. Not assed about how good we are playing etc. Fail to prepare then prepare to fail. Luck will only carry you so far.

It's difficult for a 'keeper to "prepare" for an accomplished pen taker (like Milivojević is) because if they're good they'll nave several options on where to put the ball. It's more important in shoot-outs where you get less experienced and more predictable takers. How would a 'keeper prepare to face a Baines pen for example? They can't because Leighton can put it wherever he fancies.

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I can’t see him going any time soon but it would have to be a world record fee for a keeper to even begin any negotiations. I’m not saying he’s the best keeper in the world but the hype around him and the lack of need to sell on our behalf and United’s need to replace de Gea (should he go) would all stack in our favour.

13 hours ago, Finn balor said:

The lad is a superstar. A marketing dream, humble, down to earth and just loves his football. He has ten years at the top easily. I think he loves playing for us, he is on a serious wedge as he should be. I’m sure in another two years he will want champions league football. It’s up to the club to challenge for that 

Everything you said is spot on but if De Gea leaves Utd the end of this season I think our resolve to keep is going to be seriously tested, we could have a massive fight on our hands and a young man with loads of ambition will have his head turned by one of the biggest teams in the world wanting him, let's be honest who wouldn't.

If United lose de gea then they are in serious shit.

I can't see United being attractive enough to pickford to make him want to leave what he has here. If man city came in then maybe but man United are a long way from being that club that used to be able to get whoever they wanted. 

As for fee? £80m there or there abouts. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

If United lose de gea then they are in serious shit.

I can't see United being attractive enough to pickford to make him want to leave what he has here. If man city came in them maybe but man United are a long way from being that club that used to be able to get show we they wanted. 

As for fee? £80m there or there abouts. 

Spot on, they are a shell of their former selves.  Buying top mercenaries and managers they have no direction, plan or outline, just a poor man’s galacticos.  They are not a top 6 side anymore, the only reason to go there is for a bloated contract.

9 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Also why would he be in a hurry to move? I'm guessing he buys into the longer term plan for us and would like to be part of it.

I think we all hope this is the case, plus he's been relagated and then had a toxic season over the last two years, we're 10 games in. And he can see the way we've changed and moving forward with purpose,  I think he's head and heart will tell him a move to Utd is wrong for him.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

"Pickford does appear destined for a stage like Old Trafford." or yano, Bramley-Moore? I get where they are coming from but stuff like that pisses me off, its the "plucky Everton" mantra all over that. Its never "X could push Everton on to becoming a permanent top 6 team" its always "X is going to leave for a bigger stage."