IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

he's such a normal blue collar type guy that i just don't see him wanting an old trafford move.  he loved his boyhood club and he chose us, step up more wages but still same "family club" vibe as sunderland.  he strikes me as the kinda guy who doesn't give a shit about United or that social climber BS, just wants to play footy and is already set for life finance wise.  

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Pickford hasn’t convinced everyone just yet. Gary Neville is coming around ‘slowly’ but even now, the former England defender says of Pickford: “He’s not my idea of what a goalkeeper would be.”

Not going OT then!!

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

he's such a normal blue collar type guy that i just don't see him wanting an old trafford move.  he loved his boyhood club and he chose us, step up more wages but still same "family club" vibe as sunderland.  he strikes me as the kinda guy who doesn't give a shit about United or that social climber BS, just wants to play footy and is already set for life finance wise.  

The thing is once you’ve financially secured your future, the only thing left to play for are honours. 

Whats the point of having the biggest bollocks but no kids to show for them if you get my drift. 

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The thing is once you’ve financially secured your future, the only thing left to play for are honours. 

Whats the point of having the biggest bollocks but no kids to show for them if you get my drift. 

Well there's loyalty for one thing (Matt LeTissier springs to mind) and belief in a project for another; can't think off the top of my head but there must've been players at City and Chelsea who were there when they were average who then won things when they got the investment.

LeTissier will be a Saints legend for ever, not particularly keen on him as a person myself but he'll be remembered by fans far longer than players cherry-picked by the "elite" who won a couple of pots. There's also the fact that United don't look like having any "kids" in the near future to factor in.

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Well there's loyalty for one thing (Matt LeTissier springs to mind) and belief in a project for another; can't think off the top of my head but there must've been players at City and Chelsea who were there when they were average who then won things when they got the investment.

LeTissier will be a Saints legend for ever, not particularly keen on him as a person myself but he'll be remembered by fans far longer than players cherry-picked by the "elite" who won a couple of pots. There's also the fact that United don't look like having any "kids" in the near future to factor in.

Barry, Kompany, Tevez and Silva were the foundations. City then kicked it up a notch with Aguero. 

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But in footballing circles it was always felt that Tiss was a lazy player with a lazy attitude and not much ambition, Who took the safe and easy route in life. 

But having said that you have got a good point you probably just chose the wrong player as an example in my opinion, but when it comes to Pickford I see a young man that wants to win medals he trains hard and works hard he won’t be looking for the easy option and he won’t be standing still and waiting for others to get to his level. 

So that’s why I fear if the club and team don’t match his ambitions and the right club comes in for him, he will want that opportunity to win silver ware, and at the moment with de Gea refusing to extend his contract Utd could be the first to come knocking, and if that happens we will have a big fight on our hands to keep him. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

But in footballing circles it was always felt that Tiss was a lazy player with a lazy attitude and not much ambition, Who took the safe and easy route in life. 

But having said that you have got a good point you probably just chose the wrong player as an example in my opinion, but when it comes to Pickford I see a young man that wants to win medals he trains hard and works hard he won’t be looking for the easy option and he won’t be standing still and waiting for others to get to his level. 

So that’s why I fear if the club and team don’t match his ambitions and the right club comes in for him, he will want that opportunity to win silver ware, and at the moment with de Gea refusing to extend his contract Utd could be the first to come knocking, and if that happens we will have a big fight on our hands to keep him. 

Chelsea came knocking in the summer after the World Cup and he said thanks but no thanks and signed a long term deal with us. Currently not worried at all. 

15 hours ago, barryj said:

Chelsea came knocking in the summer after the World Cup and he said thanks but no thanks and signed a long term deal with us. Currently not worried at all. 

I must have missed that didn't realize Chelsea had made a formal approach and he said no, if right then fair play to him.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Bill said:

What the hell was he thinking, the 95th minute and he keeps it in play, I just can't understand why he did that.

Only thing I can think is that he wasn’t sure how close it would be and maybe thought it best to try and catch it then go to ground to waste time.