IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

36 minutes ago, StevO said:

I think if Pickford stays back Zouma can head that ball to him quite comfortably. 

My thoughts as well. There's no need for Pickford to come that far out of his area when a defender is so close like that. Yes, when a keeper calls for it then the keeper should have authority, but that doesn't mean calling for it was the right decision in the first place.

They drew at home 1-1 to Arsenal.  That's a great result for them, they will be up for it.  I'm feeling more confident after our big win, I honestly think they will be playing for a draw against us as well, even though they are in a decent position now, for a club of their size 40 points is the goal until they are regulars in the PL.

15 hours ago, sydneyneil said:

Great result today. As for the previous Pickford comments, keepers are there to make saves. It doesn’t negate the errors they make. Let’s hope that’s the last of them for the season but I have a feeling it won’t be.

Nothing like adding to the joy of Christmas! 

7 minutes ago, sydneyneil said:

Michael keanes fault for the goal today. I thought it was a poor attempt by Pickford to keep it out though. Seems to just get away with criticism for some reason...more mistakes all round today...

Said it in the match thread I think.... Awful attempt - was almost like he let it in.  Obviously he didn't but vardy never caught it clean and it was going in the only place he could aim for.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Apart from the near post, no way could Jordan cover both, absurd to lay any blame on him imo.

He made vardys mind for him but didn't anticipate the shot... got down far too slow.  I won't be the only one who sees it like that.  

It's harsh to a degree but a top keeper gets to that imo.

8 hours ago, hafnia said:

Many will and many won't... went under his arm. Problem arose first from a shite header that Keane should have dealt with. 

Overall an awful goal to concede. 

Problem arose with a shot header from a 50p head Walcott, the. Keane tried to better it with ... Sunday.... no worse than Sunday pub control.

21 hours ago, MikeO said:

Apart from the near post, no way could Jordan cover both, absurd to lay any blame on him imo.

I agree.

If goalkeeping was as easy as some make out there wouldn't be so few quality keepers around, of which Jordan is one.

Even his 1 mistake in the Leicester game was palming the ball onto the byline.

We have far bigger problems than having one of the best keepers in the league between the sticks.

On 02/01/2019 at 20:54, AlbanyNYToffee said:

I'm a Jordan fan. That being said if someone wants to come in with 50 million plus for him I'd take that and buy Dubravka from Newcastle. He's class and Ashley is always desperate for money. Use the surplus to buy a great RB. 

He does look a telented keeper, but not in Jordan’s class for me. 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

No chance. He would’ve been cleared out by the two CBs falling over each other. He did well to even get a hand on from point blank range

Matt you can't have a keeper staying on his line with the ball flight into the 6 yard box.... absolutely not. 

"Cleared out" by his centre backs? Maybe that's part of the problem.... he's not big enough.  Nice shot stopper but how often does he push it out back into the mix? 

I'm just becoming more and more unconvinced.  The defenders don't seem to know what he's likely to do. 

He ran in to zouma and blamed him vs spurs... zoumas ball all day.   He bollocked Kenny for vardys goal.   He needs to just sort himself out.  The talk of going to the mancs will die down. I'm worried he's on a downturn we've seen many a time with young keepers. 

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Matt you can't have a keeper staying on his line with the ball flight into the 6 yard box.... absolutely not. 

"Cleared out" by his centre backs? Maybe that's part of the problem.... he's not big enough.  Nice shot stopper but how often does he push it out back into the mix? 

I'm just becoming more and more unconvinced.  The defenders don't seem to know what he's likely to do. 

He ran in to zouma and blamed him vs spurs... zoumas ball all day.   He bollocked Kenny for vardys goal.   He needs to just sort himself out.  The talk of going to the mancs will die down. I'm worried he's on a downturn we've seen many a time with young keepers. 

It was a great ball in, Mina bulldozed Zouma and Pickford would’ve been next if he’d come for it. Very few keepers wouldn’t have been flattened by Mina

Im not his biggest fan either but I didn’t see him at fault for the Spurs goal and I didn’t see him at fault yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

It was a great ball in, Mina bulldozed Zouma and Pickford would’ve been next if he’d come for it. Very few keepers wouldn’t have been flattened by Mina

Im not his biggest fan either but I didn’t see him at fault for the Spurs goal and I didn’t see him at fault yesterday. 

He's highly erratic... a keeper does not stay on his line with a ball like that... it's text book. A ball in 6 yard box is keepers.   The defenders acting like they are is symptomatic of a keeper with bad decisions.  The defenders themselves? That's another conversation.

Spurs goal - zouma had goalside and the pace on son... simple header back. Easy.  Pickford just ran out.... it seems most games he's making fundamentally poor decisions.

I'm not convinced... seems very similar to mignolet. 

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’ll have to watch the goal again as I thought Zouma mid read the flight, stepped into and tried climbing on Mina to get there.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I’ll have to watch the goal again as I thought Zouma mid read the flight, stepped into and tried climbing on Mina to get there.

Mina lost his man and ran backwards, backing into Zouma in my opinion but I’ve not seen it a second time 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

He's highly erratic... a keeper does not stay on his line with a ball like that... it's text book. A ball in 6 yard box is keepers.   The defenders acting like they are is symptomatic of a keeper with bad decisions.  The defenders themselves? That's another conversation.

Spurs goal - zouma had goalside and the pace on son... simple header back. Easy.  Pickford just ran out.... it seems most games he's making fundamentally poor decisions.

I'm not convinced... seems very similar to mignolet. 

Don’t agree but no point debating it