IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

I'm not arsed about players going out etc as long as it's not Darron Gibson levels of drinking and its done at the right time.

For me the lad has a need to knuckle down and realise that as good as he was in the world cup it can change very quickly.

He pissed me off telling zouma to fuck off yesterday.  His relationship with his defence needs work... that is clear.  I noticed when Seamus miscontrolled an easy ball and it spooned for a corner he gave Seamus a pat.... I don't think he fancies having a go at Seamus. Be consistent. 

Noticed that, and it really annoyed me as well. 

There's no doubting his ability as a keeper, but he does have an air of arrogance about him. It can be a good or bad thing.

I think that moment with Zouma showed when it can be a bad thing. I'm all for keepers commanding their defense, but to me that just showed a lack of respect to a fellow teammate. 

when the leader of your team is the goalie you need to call brands and ask him to get you some proper leadership in the front 10.  they wouldn't let some punk ass kid be having a bitch fest out there just for the sake of it.  if its warranted fine, but we need steel in this side.  too many nice guys.  we need a nasty fucker to set the other sides straight and our own dressing room.  in hockey they are the enforcers, we need one of those.  

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

when the leader of your team is the goalie you need to call brands and ask him to get you some proper leadership in the front 10.  they wouldn't let some punk ass kid be having a bitch fest out there just for the sake of it.  if its warranted fine, but we need steel in this side.  too many nice guys.  we need a nasty fucker to set the other sides straight and our own dressing room.  in hockey they are the enforcers, we need one of those.  

We badly need a Keane type player.  Fair play I wasn't a Phil Neville fan as he was too much of a Jordan Henderson teachers pet.... "look at me I've got the arm band".... but he knew when to get stick in to the players. 

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

We badly need a Keane type player.  Fair play I wasn't a Phil Neville fan as he was too much of a Jordan Henderson teachers pet.... "look at me I've got the arm band".... but he knew when to get stick in to the players. 

He never stopped all game from what Coleman says. Him and Carsley kept the team alert. 

Pickford aside there's very little communication/organisational skills going on. Of the outfield players Walcott and Coleman talk a lot to each other. Coleman to Keane as well but not much the other way round. Digne and Gomes (and Bernard when attacking but not Sri much defensively) use more gestures than shouting which could be a language issue for now. Richarlison gets stroppy after a bad pass but there's not much talk before it, like wise Sigurdssen is reactive too with only token gesturing before it. Thinking about it DCL is probably the only effective communicator up top. 

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I’m starting to wonder if he’s part of the problem you know. I’ve never been totally convinced on him but is he as good as we think he is? Probably not.

Quite simply he's too small which impacts much of his decision making.

When we are facing corners or free kicks he looks like a kid playing in goal with a group of men.  He has absolutely no command of his area.  

At just under 6ft 1 (185cm 6ft 0.85 inch) he would have been considered short for a keeper in the 90's... now the average height of a centre half appears to be 6 ft 2 min as opposed to 5ft11 to 6ft1 with most goalkeepers around 6ft 3.  De gea looks by no means tall yet he's 6ft 3....

Aside from that he's been far to self obsessed and it created some absolute howlers. 

11 hours ago, hafnia said:

Quite simply he's too small which impacts much of his decision making.

When we are facing corners or free kicks he looks like a kid playing in goal with a group of men.  He has absolutely no command of his area.  

At just under 6ft 1 (185cm 6ft 0.85 inch) he would have been considered short for a keeper in the 90's... now the average height of a centre half appears to be 6 ft 2 min as opposed to 5ft11 to 6ft1 with most goalkeepers around 6ft 3.  De gea looks by no means tall yet he's 6ft 3....

Aside from that he's been far to self obsessed and it created some absolute howlers. 

He seems to get a free pass though in a lot of quarters anyway 🤷‍♂️

• 1 month later...

Awful attitude, arrogant,  made the game more about him being a panto villain and got the Geordies all energised with his dickhead antics - making mistakes and pulling tongues at them. 

At 2 nil down they were silenced... he then messes up another ball that he should have left and when the ball rolled passed post he laughed and goaded the fans.  He's a bit thick I'm afraid and nowhere near as good as he seems to think he is. 

28 minutes ago, StevO said:

Brilliant first half. 

Shit second half. 

Disagree.  That first half he dropped a simple cross and rugby tackles the man.... should have walked. Penno stop was ok... taker made it easy for him by hitting it down middle. 

He offers our defenders no assurance at all. He is all over the place.  Worrying.   Id be inclined to give virginia a start if he is even near ready.

14 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Disagree.  That first half he dropped a simple cross and rugby tackles the man.... should have walked. Penno stop was ok... taker made it easy for him by hitting it down middle. 

He offers our defenders no assurance at all. He is all over the place.  Worrying.   Id be inclined to give virginia a start if he is even near ready.

It’s not a red card if you give away a penalty anymore.