It’s a friendly nothing to read into that really, friendlies are a great opportunity to tryout fringe or up and coming players who otherwise wouldn’t get a chance. 
If it was a full international I’m 99% sure he would be starting, reading through the comments of Southgate wouldn’t suggest that that would be the case.

Apologies if I’ve pissed on anyone’s fire and slightly dispelled their belief that he has been dropped because he’s shit keeper. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Player of the Season Young Player of the Season Players Player of the Season. Think someone had a top night at the Dixies! Deserves it aswell. The only player who can say he gave i

I do hope our fans are classy about VVD .... I know they sang songs about Coleman and his leg break but we are better than them. 

Thought this myself when I saw it on SSN earlier.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

It’s a friendly nothing to read into that really, friendlies are a great opportunity to tryout fringe or up and coming players who otherwise wouldn’t get a chance. 
If it was a full international I’m 99% sure he would be starting, reading through the comments of Southgate wouldn’t suggest that that would be the case.

Apologies if I’ve pissed on anyone’s fire and slightly dispelled their belief that he has been dropped because he’s shit keeper. 

Let’s not paper over cracks here. He’s got some serious short comings that are becoming more prevalent. He’s not improving and mistakes are becoming more consistent. Similar to Tim Howard at the end - difference being we had 10 or so solid years from Howard and he was what 35/36?

He needs to swallow his ego and get his head down, otherwise he will be moved on.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

They don't rotate keepers Palf. For reasons that have been stated before. 

It's come to the stage where it's someone else's shirt to grab now.  They didnt rotate Hart and co.  When you are in you are in. 

Best he can hope for is mistakes from the others. 

No-one wants him to fail, we are just getting sick of seeing him make mistakes. 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

We’ll find out soon enough, full international at the weekend isn’t there?

I think he’ll start. 

21 hours ago, Hafnia said:

It's come to the stage where it's someone else's shirt to grab now.  They didnt rotate Hart and co.  When you are in you are in. 

Of course they rotate keepers in friendlies as they do all positions, last night was a prime example hardly a 1st team player out there. 
I remember Shilton and Clemence rotated a fair bit for England in friendlies and full international’s, even Woods use to get a look in now and then, to say it never happens is not correct it does happen, it has in the past and will in the future. 
As Steve said let’s see at the weekend, and I’m sure one of us will be crowing and ribbing the other. 

On 08/10/2020 at 05:21, Palfy said:

On 08/10/2020 at 09:04, Hafnia said:

On 09/10/2020 at 07:00, Palfy said:

Of course they rotate keepers in friendlies as they do all positions, last night was a prime example hardly a 1st team player out there. 
I remember Shilton and Clemence rotated a fair bit for England in friendlies and full international’s, even Woods use to get a look in now and then, to say it never happens is not correct it does happen, it has in the past and will in the future. 
As Steve said let’s see at the weekend, and I’m sure one of us will be crowing and ribbing the other. 

As I said, so lets get behind him after all he one of us. 

Best thing for Pickford and Everton is that he has two games to get his confidence back. In todays game he kept his concentration up, everything he did, he did with purpose. 

Lets hope he has another good game with England and comes back to us full of confidence!!

He is one of ours so lets get behind him! 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

With a lot of you thinking it was a red (I dont but definitely a pen and a yellow) and that the foul wasn’t reviewed, do you think he’ll be retroactively punished?

No, I tho l as they already looked at it, it will be deemed judged.

Pickford summed himself up today, goalkeeping version of Bolasie. Moments of pure brilliance, splattered with moments of madness.

Just now, Shukes said:

No, I tho l as they already looked at it, it will be deemed judged.

Pickford summed himself up today, goalkeeping version of Bolasie. Moments of pure brilliance, splattered with moments of madness.

But it wasn’t reviewed because of the offside. I hope it isn’t like!

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

But it wasn’t reviewed because of the offside. I hope it isn’t like!

I thought they said they were looking at both the offside and Pickfords challenge. But that may just be commentators guessing. 
Hope they don’t. He could end up with a ban if they do.

For me there was no malice intended in Pickford’s challenge, it was a typical keeper challenge of take everything out in front of you, keepers aren’t accustomed to having to make tackles in the same way as outfield players, so will appear clumsy in those situations but not violent conduct. 
So if the status quo remains I’d call it a right result Van Dyck out for weeks, another plus in our season to get into a possible top 4 finish. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

For me there was no malice intended in Pickford’s challenge, it was a typical keeper challenge of take everything out in front of you, keepers aren’t accustomed to having to make tackles in the same way as outfield players, so will appear clumsy in those situations but not violent conduct. 
So if the status quo remains I’d call it a right result Van Dyck out for weeks, another plus in our season to get into a possible top 4 finish. 

*cough* seven months *cough* 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

He's not getting a ban. It was dealt with at the time as far as I'm aware.

Ye I got confused with the reds there haha. Was thinking about Richarlisons red. It depends on what the ref puts it down as on his report. Dangerous play, or violent conduct. 
Dangerous play is a basic red and comes with a one match ban.

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Ye I got confused with the reds there haha. Was thinking about Richarlisons red. It depends on what the ref puts it down as on his report. Dangerous play, or violent conduct. 
Dangerous play is a basic red and comes with a one match ban.

I can't see Richie getting away with a 1 match ban, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Agree with this. 

You see them tackles by keepers often and very rare they get more than a yellow. Don't see why there's such a fuss.

not getting send off for the VVD incident could be a massive decision for Pickford. If he got send off (and he was probably an offside decision away from walking today!!) , Olsen gets pretty much gets at least two full game to stake his claim to be our starting keeper. Given Pickford's mistakes so far this year plus the sending off, if Olsen made a decent fist of the two game Pickford almost gifted him, then Pickford becomes our No.2, and who knows when he gets a chance to be no.1 again. England knock on effects. Not getting a red card today is massive for Pickford!!!

Instead of getting sent off, he makes a couple of decent saves - particularly the save that kept it at 1:2 which kept us in the game. After that save I was really hoping that we equalised (not that I wasn't hoping for it anyway), but more so purely to give that second half save more importance and value. 

I have been big Pickford critic, but I still want to see him do well, so please he will have came off the pitch today feeling like he has earn him coin. 

Let's hope the VVD let off is a turning point in his Everton career and we all end up talking more about great saves rather than mistakes!!. 

29 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I do hope our fans are classy about VVD .... I know they sang songs about Coleman and his leg break but we are better than them. 

I’m sure no one actually wants harm to come to anyone, and I wouldn’t be singing songs about it, but I’ll take anything against them. 
Not being classy this time. 

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

We need a song that Gerry and the Pacemakers would have been proud of, to good of an opportunity to miss 😂

22 hours ago, Aidan said:

Absolutely. Seen JP has been getting death threats on twitter... Says it all. 

He’s going to have to be very ‘blinkered’ and have the right people around him as he’s going to get absolute dogs abuse for a long, long time by those vile (and I’m not saying all Liverpool fans are vile) fans. Richarlison has already had to take his apology tweet down for all the racist abuse he’s received. When it comes to things like this, it’s one rule for them and another for everyone else - they won’t let this go. Hopefully Pickford keeps his head down and cracks on - the lockdown may actually work in his favour. I dread to think of the abuse he’ll get at the return fixture should fans be back by then.

The club need to do a collective arms round his shoulders job here.

I've had my say on his goalkeeping but I'm not having him thrown to the wolves to appease that baying bunch of fuckwits.  Jimmy case ended an Everton players career years ago and was unapologetic about it the little angry dwarf. 

Fair play to Carragher.... The red shite have turned on him cos he never passed the death sentence on Pickford like Alan "kick Lennon in the face" shearer, or Graham "stamp on a players but sack" souness and try and do Dwight Yorke whilst being his manager. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I've had my say on his goalkeeping but I'm not having him thrown to the wolves to appease that baying bunch of fuckwits.  Jimmy case ended an Everton players career years ago and was unapologetic about it the little angry dwarf. 

Fair play to Carragher.... The red shite have turned on him cos he never passed the death sentence on Pickford like Alan "kick Lennon in the face" shearer, or Graham "stamp on a players but sack" souness and try and do Dwight Yorke whilst being his manager. 

Some pundit are comparing 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Some pundits are even comparing it to Roy Keane's Harrland tackle. WTF. Pure sensationalisum by some. 

Hate seeing any player get injured myself. Regardless of what their supporters do or are willing to say it’s wrong to take any joy from others players injury.

Had that been the other way around on James I think we would be furious.

Horrible tackle, can accept it’s part of football and wish VVD a full recovery.  

Standing firmly behind Jordan here though because no matter what I think of his keeping abilities, one of ours is not getting thrown the wolves.