IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Haf, is he your new Lukaku?

Is he "the" new lukaku is the likelier question matt... he shares a few things with lukaku that piss me off.

1. Interested in his own agenda rather than that of the team... hence his makem vs Geordies nonsense.

2. Inability to see that he's not as good as he thinks and has some glaring weaknesses that piss fans off. 

3. Gobby

4. Has the ability to brainwash some success starved fans into thinking he is the best that little old Everton can get despite us breaking transfer records to get him.  Such fans indulge his bratty behaviour.  All in keeping with a club that has won fuck all due to having such apathy and a tolerance of shit. 

Sorry I can't give it the "he's only young - he will learn"  bollocks.  Sometimes people are thick and arrogant.  Like the former manchild we sold to man United this lad will likely not reach his supposed potential and be a rotation player - unable to bring consistent performances and steady attitude to his ability to do highlight reels.  That world cup has messed with his head and No one has grounded him. 

The thing that stands out from all these opinions is, hes not improving, hes not learning, and i dont think he can. he has reached his level.

The Newcastle thing has been going on since he signed for us, the mistakes are getting more often, no improvement in commanding the area.

He looks like he plays to his own rules and everyone else is wrong.

If Silva can not change his attitude then get rid.

He’s 25, he’s got 10 years left in him and typically keepers only improve with age.

Keep in mind, he’s played less than 100 premiership games (only during the last 3 years), so he’s not had as much exposure to the top level as others might’ve and never had a stable defence in front of him. 

He needs some tough love for sure, and that needs to come from the manager and, as has been mentioned a few times, a CB who can organise the defence and put him in his place if needed.

i didn’t want him, but I’ve seen enough to be positive for the future. He had his flaws but he will continue to learn and does need help rather than writing off

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

He’s 25, he’s got 10 years left in him and typically keepers only improve with age.

Keep in mind, he’s played less than 100 premiership games (only during the last 3 years), so he’s not had as much exposure to the top level as others might’ve and never had a stable defence in front of him. 

He needs some tough love for sure, and that needs to come from the manager and, as has been mentioned a few times, a CB who can organise the defence and put him in his place if needed.

i didn’t want him, but I’ve seen enough to be positive for the future. He had his flaws but he will continue to learn and does need help rather than writing off

One problem we have as a fan group is that the likes of myself can't get pissed off about a players attitude without it being tagged as "your new lukaku" or whatever.  I want a team of players who play for Everton not themselves.  I've watched us win trophies - I know what a winning Everton side looks like and it doesn't resemble anything that this lad brings along with a few others.

Attitude/mentality is everything as a footballer.... goalkeepers more than anyone need to be grounded and this lad isn'tt.  Our team has poor attitudes all over the shop.

Pickford - see above

Schneiderlein - coward, not arsed

Richarlison - sulky, immature, petulent

Walcott - doesn't care, lacks football intel

Gomes - weak mentality, Barkley like. 

Keane - daydreamer

Too many..... just too many players who lack it between the ears. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

One problem we have as a fan group is that the likes of myself can't get pissed off about a players attitude without it being tagged as "your new lukaku" or whatever.  I want a team of players who play for Everton not themselves.  I've watched us win trophies - I know what a winning Everton side looks like and it doesn't resemble anything that this lad brings along with a few others.

Attitude/mentality is everything as a footballer.... goalkeepers more than anyone need to be grounded and this lad isn'ttt.  Our team has poor attitudes all over the shop.

Pickford - see above

Schneiderlein - coward, not arsed

Richarlison - sulky, immature, petulent

Walcott - doesn't care, lacks football intel

Gomes - weak mentality, Barkley like. 

Keane - daydreamer

Too many..... just too many players who lack it between the ears. 

It was in jest because I see parallels, that’s all. I get the frustration with him, I really do, but some of the criticism just seems OTT for me. I’d agree with most of them except Gomes and Keane 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

It was in jest because I see parallels, that’s all. I get the frustration with him, I really do, but some of the criticism just seems OTT for me. I’d agree with most of them except Gomes and Keane 

I kinda agree that they are low level risks but none the less they seem to lack steel that blokes of their stature should have. 

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

"The thing is, you don’t have good days without having bad days. Even Bobby Charlton.’"

Neville Southall

Very modest of the big man. There was no bigger critic than himself of his performances and his standards were freakish.  Pickford needs someone like him on him. 

May have mentioned it before but my mate was a keeper at Everton as a youth player in same team as ball, cadamarteri and I believe Osmans brother....(if memory serves me right) - mate never made it but played in sticks for our Sunday team and was quality.  He and another lad finished their session at bellefield and sat behind the goal where Southall and Kearton were doing extra work.

He thought Southall was gonna turn round and wink at them and give it "alright boys".... nope. Swore at them, questioned what they were doing watching and said get your arses round here. 30 minutes later both lads were vommiting after being put through the hardest session they ever had. Southall had a ridiculous work ethic - fitness levels were daft. Makes you think.... did he burn calories at such a rate that as soon as he retired/slowed down his food I take remained?  

36 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Very modest of the big man. There was no bigger critic than himself of his performances and his standards were freakish.

If a PL keeper refused to join his team-mates/manager in the dressing room at half time this week-end would you say he had an attitude problem? Maybe "sulky, immature, petulent" like Richarlison or would you say, "...it's OK, he's not lived up to his own standards and he needs to get his head together"?

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/archives/uncategorized/181427/memory-lane-neville-southalls-half-time-sulk/

59 minutes ago, MikeO said:

If a PL keeper refused to join his team-mates/manager in the dressing room at half time this week-end would you say he had an attitude problem? Maybe "sulky, immature, petulent" like Richarlison or would you say, "...it's OK, he's not lived up to his own standards and he needs to get his head together"?

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/archives/uncategorized/181427/memory-lane-neville-southalls-half-time-sulk/

I would sooner look for his explanation rather than some piss take article... he left dressing room early. 

"That day people said I was bonkers, that I wanted a transfer. I thought I’d had a s*** first half and I just wanted to clear my head, that’s all. I’d done it before, though I’ve only ever found one person who remembers. It was at Plough Lane — the dressing room there was boiling and they put 52 sugars in the tea.

Colin didn’t know ’til he got home. He phoned me and he wasn’t happy. I was suspended for two weeks. I played the following Wednesday. It was nothing to do with Colin. It was purely about me. The thing is, you don’t have good days without  having bad days. Even Bobby Charlton.’

At that stage of his career he had well and truly earned his stripes. Won 2 league medals, an fa cup, player of year, ecwc, went on to arguably win us another fa cup single handedly with 3 outstanding saves. The next half we scored 2 but Leeds got the extra goal they needed. 

Pickford took on the fans anfield and got rattled made a game losing mistake.  He did the same again in the very same season at Newcastle.... but ok yeah it's not so bad cos big nev in his 751 games for Everton did something perceived as wrong one game.... did he offer fans out on his way off the pitch too? 

It's not even on the same level of behaviour Mike. Pickford chose the Newcastle game to be a mackem not an Everton goalkeeper. Prickish behaviour.  Maybe if he gave a shit about Everton he could have taken some time out to get his head together rather than behaving like he forgot to take his Ritalin.

Jordan has played extremely well for us. You could look at any of the players in the squad and see there have had moments where they have played well for their club, and moments when they haven't. But when I look at Jordan, his performances with us have been excellent. We have to help him through what was hopefully a blip, and he has to train and play well.

Gareth SouthgateEngland manager on Jordan Pickford

51 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Jordan has played extremely well for us. You could look at any of the players in the squad and see there have had moments where they have played well for their club, and moments when they haven't. But when I look at Jordan, his performances with us have been excellent. We have to help him through what was hopefully a blip, and he has to train and play well.

Gareth SouthgateEngland manager on Jordan Pickford

Very diplomatic Gareth... I'm sure you may understand what he needs helping through if we have a match against Scotland and he decides to take on the jocks

Pickford is the best keeper we've had since Nev; he's brilliant.  He's ballsed up many times (like all other keepers), and many more times he's pulled of incredible saves (not like other keepers).  Even against Newcastle, he pulled of 2 or 3 saves that I though would be a certain goal.  He's only going to get better, and that includes less errors.

The big issue is how on earth are we going to keep him?  If he goes we'll be right up shit creek.

The only mistake he made was that penalty and he saved it. Has absolutely no fault for the first and the third goal. The second was straight power shot just above his head. It's not high enough to tip it over, it's not angled to deflect it sideways what could he do? Yeah it's a bit unfortunate that the ball bounced back too much, but it's physics and this can happen to experienced keepers as well. The lad is quality, just needs to set his mind calm, but the fans are not helping him.

10 hours ago, hafnia said:

Pickford chose the Newcastle game to be a mackem not an Everton goalkeeper. 

So true. 

2 hours ago, badaids said:

Pickford is the best keeper we've had since Nev

Also close to being true. Another season or two of progression and he has the ability to be as good as any Everton keeper (bar big nev who will never be surpassed!) 

He needs to change his mentality and knuckle down before he becomes Joe Hart Mk II. Hope he is dropped by silva against Chelsea for some 'thinking time'. 

2 hours ago, badaids said:

Pickford is the best keeper we've had since Nev; he's brilliant.  He's ballsed up many times (like all other keepers), and many more times he's pulled of incredible saves (not like other keepers).  Even against Newcastle, he pulled of 2 or 3 saves that I though would be a certain goal.  He's only going to get better, and that includes less errors.

The big issue is how on earth are we going to keep him?  If he goes we'll be right up shit creek.

I take it you must have forgotten Nigel Martyn?  A brilliant keeper. If Big Nev was 10/10... Martyn was 8/10.  

In comparison pickford is 6.5/10.  Pickford is on a par with Tim Howard probably less due to his lack of command of area. 

9 hours ago, hafnia said:

I take it you must have forgotten Nigel Martyn?  A brilliant keeper. If Big Nev was 10/10... Martyn was 8/10.  

In comparison pickford is 6.5/10.  Pickford is on a par with Tim Howard probably less due to his lack of command of area. 

Good point about Martyn,  although need to remember he was in his 30's when he came here, let's hope Pickford does settle down and become as good as one if not both of big Nev and Nige

I must be watching different games to half of the people on here. The guys made more mistakes this season than I can remember an Everton keeper making in one season. Best keeper since nev??? You having a laugh? If we asked unbiased fans from the rest of the Prem what they thought about Pickford he wouldn’t even be in the top ten in the league. His behaviour and attitude stinks and if schneiderlin acted like that on Sunday he’d be hounded out the club.

karius made a howler in Liverpool’s most important game of the season last year and was never seen again....Pickford did the same for us but seems to have got off Scot free.....almost destroyed our season that derby game. 

It was a freak one, really. It had hit the bar twice and I tried to flick it over. The ball spun and as I tried to flick it over, my hand hit the bar

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/02/jordan-pickford-apologises-mistake-liverpool-winner

Really don't see why he keeps getting a hard time over the Derby goal. Even Martyn, one of the steadiest goalkeepers, has misjudged his goal and flicked a shot from going wide into his own net. Pickford's isn'tt that bad it's just that it looks rediculous. He's slightly misjudged where the bar is and his fingers made an unnatural movement after accidently catching it making them flick. Nothing to do with cockiness, to use his words it was a freak incident. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

It was a freak one, really. It had hit the bar twice and I tried to flick it over. The ball spun and as I tried to flick it over, my hand hit the bar

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/02/jordan-pickford-apologises-mistake-liverpool-winner

Really don't see why he keeps getting a hard time over the Derby goal. Even Martyn, one of the steadiest goalkeepers, has misjudged his goal and flicked a shot from going wide into his own net. Pickford's isn'tttt that bad it's just that it looks rediculous. He's slightly misjudged where the bar is and his fingers made an unnatural movement after accidently catching it making them flick. Nothing to do with cockiness, to use his words it was a freak incident. 

Very seldom i involve myself in this thread but ffs Pete the ball was behind the bar, if he had left it alone it would hit the roof of the net But he pulled back into play.

Look very carefully from the side view, his hands are above the Bar when he yanks it back into play, i still cant believe he made such a silly mistake and that has destroyed our season. Since that disasterous episode we are playing ourselves ito the relegation Zone.

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

Very seldom i involve myself in this thread but ffs Pete the ball was behind the bar, if he had left it alone it would hit the roof of the net But he pulled back into play.

Look very carefully from the side view, his hands are above the Bar when he yanks it back into play, i still dont believe he made such a silly mistake and that has destroyed our season. Since that disasterous episode we are playing ourselves ito the relegation Zone.

His fingers have flicked it back in as he's clipped the bar on his way up making his hand jolt. 

Sure most of us have gone to grab their pint from the table and ended up flicking the table and knocking the drink. It's just an accident. It happens. 

I won't get into an argument with you but just look at the video, you must see that the ball is behind the bar, his hands are inches above the bar when he bends his hands back to pull it back into play. 

A very childish error which has had costly consequences on team performances since then.

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

I won't get into an argument with you but just look at the video, you must see that the ball is behind the bar, his hands are inches above the bar when he bends his hands back to pull it back into play. 

A very childish error which has had costly consequences on team performances since then.

If that's true and the ball was behind the bar then surely it's the linesman's mistake for not blowing for a goal kick. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ball wasn’t completely over the line so can’t blame the officials this time

I've not seen it from an angle to know one way or another but if it was out then we'd obviously have kicked up a stink over it, looks marginal on ETV.

9 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Good point about Martyn,  although need to remember he was in his 30's when he came here, let's hope Pickford does settle down and become as good as one if not both of big Nev and Nige

It was a disgrace that he was in his 30's..... we should have got him 7 years before but he was told to drive up to park hampers and treated like a YTS player.... he signed for Leeds and was class for them.. we got him at 37... proper pro. 

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

Really don't see why he keeps getting a hard time over the Derby goal. Even Martyn, one of the steadiest goalkeepers, has misjudged his goal and flicked a shot from going wide into his own net. Pickford's isn'ttt that bad it's just that it looks rediculous. He's slightly misjudged where the bar is and his fingers made an unnatural movement after accidently catching it making them flick. Nothing to do with cockiness, to use his words it was a freak incident. 

Do you make contrary posts for the sake of it?  It was a ridiculous decision. He had his hands shaped to paw at the ball.  If he was going to tip it over the action would have been to bat it over. Complete and utter bollocks. 

He spent the whole of that match engaging in shit with Liverpool fans making rash decisions -miss kicking it cos he was trying to hit it as hard as he could. Awful display.