IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

I really rate Butland he's a fantastic keeper but with having recurring acute ankle problems I'd be very wary of signing him tbh

He'll command a large fee and I'm not sure I'd be happy we took the risk tbh, I've had a similar injury myself a long long time ago and regardless of surgery aftercare and so on its never the same once you've done it

Guest rusty747

Pickford playing ok v Arsenal tonight. Just conceded but not his fault. I still don't see him as the big commanding presence that we need from a top quality 'keeper at Everton though. He is good but I would still prefer Butland.

Guest rusty747

how has butland been since coming back from injury?

To be honest, I haven't seen him but I have a mate who supports Stoke. He says it is still obvious that he is coming back from a long lay off but that the quality is still there. A good pre season and we could have our 'keeper for the next 10 years maybe.

Pickford playing ok v Arsenal tonight. Just conceded but not his fault. I still don't see him as the big commanding presence that we need from a top quality 'keeper at Everton though. He is good but I would still prefer Butland.

I wouldn't class Butland as big or commanding.

He was a cut above tonight. Made some cracking saves.

Needs to work on his distribution though. But what a talented shot stopper.

hang on, don't we have a talented shot stopper who needs to work on his distribution?! :blink:

I wouldn't class Butland as big or commanding.

Me neither I've always thought he was quite timid for a keeper tbh plus he's a catastrophe waiting to happen with the problems he's had

Quality keeper but I'll put money on him being out again long term once he gets a steady amount of games... To risky for what he'd cost imo

Don't even see the amazing stops Matt.

I think a standard save is celebrated like a worldie by some to build him up.... mostly yourself mate.

If we wanted to go of stats as a marker we should be looking at Monone, didn't the article say he's had the best match of the season?

Don't even see the amazing stops Matt.

I think a standard save is celebrated like a worldie by some to build him up.... mostly yourself mate.

If we wanted to go of stats as a marker we should be looking at Monone, didn't the article say he's had the best match of the season?

I don't build him up -.I support the player who gets an unreasonable amount of shit because Martinez brought him in and the fact he makes big blunders from time to time, whilst accepting that he's barely had a consistent run to prove himself, let alone settle into the position and that he's very young.

What I celebrate is his clean sheet record, the fact our defence look a lot more comfortable when he's in goal, and his shot-stopping ability.

I don't build him up -.I support the player who gets an unreasonable amount of shit because Martinez brought him in and the fact he makes big blunders from time to time, whilst accepting that he's barely had a consistent run to prove himself, let alone settle into the position and that he's very young.

What I celebrate is his clean sheet record, the fact our defence look a lot more comfortable when he's in goal, and his shot-stopping ability.

Compare him to someone like Hart, who many on here want. I'd say Joel makes less blunders, and he is also one of the best at collecting the ball from corner/crosses, whereas Hart flaps like a fish out of water. Similar distribution, and both have weaknesses when it comes to shot stopping. Hart struggles to get down on his left hand side. Joel gets caught in his toes, but has a longer reach to make more worldies.

That's fair enough mate. I just do t see it that's all.

I see a keeper of similar ability to Steks who has played most the season and been nothing but average.

He has made as many blunders... but has been lucky enough for them not to result in goals.

But your right, he is young and can improve.

I would just rather we brought in a No1.

That's fair enough mate. I just do t see it that's all.

I see a keeper of similar ability to Steks who has played most the season and been nothing but average.

He has made as many blunders... but has been lucky enough for them not to result in goals.

But your right, he is young and can improve.

I would just rather we brought in a No1.

I would love to aswell, but as I've said several times before; to improve on Robles dramatically will cost mega money, and the names touted are not massive improvements in my eyes

That's the type of attitude that needs eradicating if we want to genuinely progress and challenge the top clubs.

Disagree. It's recognizing that for the immediate future, we've got a decent solution in that position and, as highlighted above, there's plenty of other areas that need addressing first.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39980308

"I have heard some really derisory sort of figures getting mentioned, and it wouldn't be any of those figures, I can tell you that."

Pot. Kettle. He wouldn't stand in the way of the boy furthering his career surely :lol:?

He's a knob.

Ellis Short may have different ideas anyway and, unlike at Everton, the fella won't have total control over every decision.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-jordan-pickford-sunderland-bid-13114060

We shouldn't be going that high, and I very much doubt anyone else will either, but £8million?! Have we lost the plot? Are we even serious about this transfer window and improving?

I think £15m plus add ons is as high as any team should go. He's looked very good in his first season playing at the top level but he's missed a big chunk through injuries and his team have finished bottom of the league by some distance. The fact that £30m is being mention is ridiculous so maybe we're making a point by offering something closer to what his 'true' value is.

There's people on twitter moaning that if he costs £30m then pay £30m - Man City do. If we pay £30m for Pickford then we'll just set ourselves up for being ripped off all summer - before you know it we'll have spent £100m on Pickford, Maguire and Sigurdsson. We need to stand firm - by all means pay over the odds on prime targets (ala Lukaku) but be ready to walk away on players that are replicable.

I think £15m plus add ons is as high as any team should go. He's looked very good in his first season playing at the top level but he's missed a big chunk through injuries and his team have finished bottom of the league by some distance. The fact that £30m is being mention is ridiculous so maybe we're making a point by offering something closer to what his 'true' value is.

There's people on twitter moaning that if he costs £30m then pay £30m - Man City do. If we pay £30m for Pickford then we'll just set ourselves up for being ripped off all summer - before you know it we'll have spent £100m on Pickford, Maguire and Sigurdsson. We need to stand firm - by all means pay over the odds on prime targets (ala Lukaku) but be ready to walk away on players that are replicable.

I'd say about £22m (including add-ons) is the highest we should go, no way is he a £30m keeper right now. Going in with £8m, even just the to make a point, is ridiculous.

I do hope that it is just to make a point and not because we're still shit.