IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

47 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Fuck me wake up will you? You never been around rugby players? His behaviour isn’t the problem it’s the timescales of getting a new manager 

Ancient history that if you're talking about elite level. In the past for sure there was a big drinking culture, had a couple of mate who played a decent level, but nowadays it's all changed. English Premiership players are a totally different level of athlete (I've met a few of the Exeter lads) and I'm pretty sure their lifestyle and discipline is at least on a par with PL footballers, probably a higher bar in fact.

Local club rugby may still involve a lot of hedonism (I don't know) but Jordan's not a pub league player.

I don't think he should be disciplined in any way but I'm with Haf (unusually) in that I really don't think it's a good position to put yourself in. Giving it the big "I am" (pissed or not) I just don't like.

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

Working on that basis most of us are tits, and some bigger than others😙

We nearly all go out once a week or fortnight and have a laugh, he goes out once in a blue moon and enjoys himself and gets slated. 
As far as I’m aware there’s been no condemnation from the club his country or his managers, probably because there’s nothing to moan about, a young man having fun with a load of people also out to have some fun. 
How shocking I mustn’t forget to complain to the stop people enjoying themselves Police 😀

Exactly. It’s just some of us are man enough to admit we have acted like tits.... while some of us just don’t have the minerals.

Myself, I have been a massive tit in the past at times. But now I have to behave like a role model to my children as i want them to grow up as a better version of me. 

But your replying to my comments, even though I have said I have no problem with him doing it??? 
You really do love me don’t you haha xxx

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Exactly. It’s just some of us are man enough to admit we have acted like tits.... while some of us just don’t have the minerals.

Myself, I have been a massive tit in the past at times. But now I have to behave like a role model to my children as i want them to grow up as a better version of me. 

But your replying to my comments, even though I have said I have no problem with him doing it??? 
You really do love me don’t you haha xxx

I do mate x. 
Merry Christmas and no drinking or singing 👍😀

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Ancient history that if you're talking about elite level. In the past for sure there was a big drinking culture, had a couple of mate who played a decent level, but nowadays it's all changed. English Premiership players are a totally different level of athlete (I've met a few of the Exeter lads) and I'm pretty sure their lifestyle and discipline is at least on a par with PL footballers, probably a higher bar in fact.

Local club rugby may still involve a lot of hedonism (I don't know) but Jordan's not a pub league player.

I don't think he should be disciplined in any way but I'm with Haf (unusually) in that I really don't think it's a good position to put yourself in. Giving it the big "I am" (pissed or not) I just don't like.

My last place of work sponsored Sale Sharks, I watched them train at our place then seen them in the cafe.....  I couldn't get over how precise everything was.  

Even the likes of Sheridan who is a monster had a specific serving of food, not a mass of it. Some look like they carry Body fat.....  they don't. Lean as you like. 17st sub 8% BF. 

Discipline in sport is ridiculous now. Cipriani who was there got into trouble a couple of weeks later for a drink related incident ... not sure if it was drink driving.  But I recall him getting suspended or sacked.

As I say pickford just seems to love attention, couple that with his fondness for certain types of places on his nights out and it's a potential problem. 

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Just wanted to pop in and say I learned something as an American.  “Chav” is what you English call it, in American English we would say “douchebag”.

another lesson from marks language corner.....

It's not quite the same thing, MJB. Chav has class connotations over here which I'm not sure douchebag has over in the US (correct me if I'm wrong). 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

douchebag is essentially white trash, or lower class poor white.  what is chav?

Chav is poor lower class thinking they are something else.

I totally agree with MJB, Chav is basically a bit of a knob, with high street brand clothes, thinking they are designer.

21 minutes ago, Formby said:

Chav in the UK is more broadly on the lines you say.

I think that chav is more down to appearance and dress, certainly poorer white kids are more likely to fit the label but it's not exclusive to them. Burberry (for example) is chav central but far from cheap and out of the reach of most on jobseekers/minimum wage. Plenty of rich (or at least not poor) chavs around I think.

Though I hate to label people generally.

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thought douchebag was like a dickhead?

I’ve read various things saying that and then going as far as saying it’s The only real racial slur for white people in America.  It means many different things apparently  

https://medium.com/the-secret-history-of-america/douchebag-the-white-racial-slur-weve-all-been-waiting-for-a2323002f85d

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

I’ve read various things saying that and then going as far as saying it’s The only real racial slur for white people in America.  It means many different things apparently  

https://medium.com/the-secret-history-of-america/douchebag-the-white-racial-slur-weve-all-been-waiting-for-a2323002f85d

I've always heard the most derogatory thing you can call a white person is a "racist." 😂

• 1 month later...

Thought I’d try and get the goalkeeper discussion on here, not Richarlison page!

Pickford is a good keeper with a few areas for improvement, no one is perfect of course, he’s a great shot and penalty stopper, needs to improve on command of area, kicking and controlling his head. 
For me he is a good as we could hope for at the moment, with room for improvement, if that doesn’t happen under Carlo in the next season or two then changes will be made, let’s see how Ryan, Dubravka, Guita and Schmichael do over the same period.

I wouldn’t swap him for any one of the names mentioned. The only keeper that might realistically be in contention is the lad at Sheffield United but since he’s on loan from Man United (I think) any dealings would be expensive especially if De Gea finally moves on 

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

you can see the fans preferences for him.  in the english parlance, "being a tit" is ok for pickford, but not for morgan and delph.  the double standard is telling.

Not in my book... misplaced arrogance stinks a side out - I don't give a shit who it is.

Mirallas, eto, lukaku, Ashley Williams, pickford, schneiderlein, Delph,  we've been crammed full of them.   No wonder our team has had a dodgy mentality. 

36 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not in my book... misplaced arrogance stinks a side out - I don't give a shit who it is.

Mirallas, eto, lukaku, Ashley Williams, pickford, schneiderlein, Delph,  we've been crammed full of them.   No wonder our team has had a dodgy mentality. 

i think you and i are the only ones who aren't ok with jordan.  if he was spanish no one would give a shit about him, the english starting keeper bit gives him some hype (unjustified IMO).  Tim Howard was no different and he got loads of flak on here.