IGNORED

winter food

rubecula

Something to eat after the game in the cold dark winter months:

https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/441349-crock-pot-pea-and-ham-soup-pea-wack

That's not soup!

My mum used to make soups that you could serve in slices, horrible; soups need to be minimum 95% liquid.

Same as Marco me, my eating habits have changed over the last few years but time of year is irrelevant as it was before. Christmas dinner could be a salad and I could eat beef in red wine with dumplings in July.

My wife is anal about this, "you've got to have something hot!". Nah, you need to eat enough calories.

That's not soup!

My mum used to make soups that you could serve in slices, horrible; soups need to be minimum 95% liquid.

Same as Marco me, my eating habits have changed over the last few years but time of year is irrelevant as it was before. Christmas dinner could be a salad and I could eat beef in red wine with dumplings in July.

My wife is anal about this, "you've got to have something hot!". Nah, you need to eat enough calories.

95% liquid?! Insane. You need to be able to stand a spoon up in it to call it a soup or stew.

Anyway, over here it's harvest season so there's loads of game around at the moment. Then we'll move on to fondue and raclette which is epic, and I'll be making fake scouse and soups for the next 5 months. I love winter :)

brown sauce is in the bottle ketchup is in the bin

Wet scouse is fine if you like it that way (I do by the way) but good stick to your ribs food is more solid and it is bloody tasty too.

Eat ehat you like and like what you eat.

By the way there used to be a cafe in London road that did amazing scouse, is it still there?

theres no sauce or anything. Looks like scouse that's been through a dehydrator!

I mean what the fuck is the point of the bread with that crap when there's absolutely nothing to soak up?!

I was once given scouse on a plate. It was drier than a nuns fanny. I'm sure my face was a picture when the plate was put in front of me. I was sat there thinking "I thought I was having scouse?"

My breakfast...

Complan%20Shake%20BANANA.png

But never banana flavour (or strawberry) :wacko:. Vanilla or chocolate every time.....and I never know which til I open it, I "blind pick"; makes brekkie time exciting-ish :unsure:.

On the bright side I get it on prescription so for me there is such a thing as a free meal :).

Breakfast is a meal I very rarely have, and never when I'm at home. The only time I really eat it is if I'm on holiday.

Breakfast is a meal I very rarely have, and never when I'm at home. The only time I really eat it is if I'm on holiday.

same here, I never eat breakfast unless we have visitors and I've done a fry up or I'm travelling (helps with jetlag apparently)

Kick starts the metabolism, "most important meal of the day" according to dietitians; get it down yourselves (but no bourbon on the cornflakes Matt, that'd be unhelpful :P).

My breakfast...

Complan%20Shake%20BANANA.png

But never banana flavour (or strawberry) :wacko:. Vanilla or chocolate every time.....and I never know which til I open it, I "blind pick"; makes brekkie time exciting-ish :unsure:.

On the bright side I get it on prescription so for me there is such a thing as a free meal :).

So the complaining starts first thing in the morning then ;)

My best breakfast ever was in the White Lion Hotel in Hebden Bridge. Scrambled egg, bacon, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes, sausage and toast. When they put the plate in front of you everything was still sizzling from the frying pan and grill. At home, I just get a slice of toast - and I have to do it myself. :rolleyes:

Never had the Complan Mike, what is it like?

Just got back from my dad's in Liverpool. at least he still has an appetite. Nearly ate my arm when I put his food in front of him :rofl:

Oh well I know where I get it from anyway. Of all foods I have tried there is only one I can not eat (as opposed to will not eat) and that is cucumber, if it has even been on the plate I can tell. No idea why but it makes me violently ill. Apart from that just stick it on a plate and I will have a go.