IGNORED

Memphis Depay

• 3 weeks later...

That does worry me slightly, Matt mentioned in another thread something about £60m for both!

I'd be rat that price. I know prices are silly in football at the moment but they only paid £55m for both 2 seasons ago and neither are getting a game.

I think £50m for both is a fair price but its not my money so im not really arsed ha. Plus i think that would be a good price for both, Schneiderlin is class and i think with Depay he just signed for the wrong manager.

Edited by Dean

Just what we need, a wannabe with amazing Fifa stats and a massive price tag, and I imagine an ego to match, who has done absolutely fuck all to justify the hype around him. But hey, I guess he's Dutch, at least Koeman will have someone other than his brother to talk to in his own language while he should be trying to explain to his players what he actually wants them to do.

No thanks. And can Walsh take charge of transfers, please, instead of Koeman blowing our cash on second rate fellow countrymen.

Doesn't sound like the type of player we need... we need arse kickers.

Watched sheedy on fantasy footy yesterday. His 1 to 11 had real men - characters.

Under moyes we had Carsley, Cahill, stubbs, now just don't have anyone. I thought Williams was gonna be that man.

I actually think we have a toxic dr3ssing room. Something is amiss.

Doesn't sound like the type of player we need... we need arse kickers.

Watched sheedy on fantasy footy yesterday. His 1 to 11 had real men - characters.

Under moyes we had Carsley, Cahill, stubbs, now just don't have anyone. I thought Williams was gonna be that man.

I actually think we have a toxic dr3ssing room. Something is amiss.

id agree with all that. I think as soon as the new owner came in, new setup behind the scenes in general, all bar a few know they're not wanted and so have conceded that they'll pick up their wage until they're moved on.

Happened in our team at work when the new guy came in 7-8 months ago; he was more interested in making himself look good to the powers above than actually helping the team and is happy to leave people nervous and disillusioned until he can get rid of some of us or we quit - 3 have gone in his time and 2/3rds of us left know we're next.

id agree with all that. I think as soon as the new owner came in, new setup behind the scenes in general, all bar a few know they're not wanted and so have conceded that they'll pick up their wage until they're moved on.

Happened in our team at work when the new guy came in 7-8 months ago; he was more interested in making himself look good to the powers above than actually helping the team and is happy to leave people nervous and disillusioned until he can get rid of some of us or we quit - 3 have gone in his time and 2/3rds of us left know we're next.

The picture floating around the web of them all on their phones in the dressing room goes along with what you are saying Matt, i think a good 7/8 of them know they are on the way out in the next window or two, McCarthy is linked with West Brom this morning for instance.

He was apparently hanging out with Rom.

I'd have him actually, I think Koemans blunt honesty would do him the world of good, say to him - you're failing in England, for your talent your levels are no where good enough and you haven't made it yet.

Challenge him to become what his potential promised.

That's the point though isn't it? He's failing in England.

Whilst we're at it what other deadwood from United can we have? Again...

If it's a loan, I'll be cautious and hope he does well. If we buy him in Jan, were stupid.

Edited by AidanLewis

We'd be ecstatic if we signed him before he went to Utd. Things haven't worked out there but I think he's still a huge talent. What's the worst that can happen? He comes here and doesn't perform? Exactly like our current wingers then! I'd be very happy with a loan deal until the summer and take it from there!

Fuck spending a shit load on him. As it stands United have bought a lemon that's on a shed load of cash coming from a league that made dirk kuyt and Ryan babel look like Pele.

Loan him. If he's good then we pay the rate for him. Not into getting another van der meyde with a larger transfer fee.

There was an interview with a former teammate of his awhile back where said teammate's advice was not to go to United because you're expected to perform instantly. I think his choices were between Spurs and United. I think the pressure got to him and his confidence is low. I think he'd be a great loan option. If he doesn't perform then it's not our problem (at least after the season)