IGNORED

Memphis Depay

He was apparently hanging out with Rom.

I'd have him actually, I think Koemans blunt honesty would do him the world of good, say to him - you're failing in England, for your talent your levels are no where good enough and you haven't made it yet.

Challenge him to become what his potential promised.

Why do we want someone who is failing? We have enough of them already.

Seriously, if we sell Barkley and sign this chump I don't know how I can retain any faith in where we're going as a football club. Absolutely the opposite of what we need.

Sent from my Fusion5 using Tapatalk

Why do we want someone who is failing? We have enough of them already.

Seriously, if we sell Barkley and sign this chump I don't know how I can retain any faith in where we're going as a football club. Absolutely the opposite of what we need.

weve been a club who has resurrected "failing" careers for as long as I can remember

I doubt very very much that all the talk about Barkley is purely paper talk, there can't be any substance in it.

As for Depay, I'm not happy about the potential transfer but I'll get behind him. As people have said, we're signing a failing player. In fact, we've signed a lot of failing players. Stekkers, a back up keeper, Valencia, couldn't get in the WHU side for whatever reason, Gana, relegated with Villa. Now Depay, never been able to perform in the EPL.

I'm not saying these signing are bad signings, in some cases (Gana), they've strengthened the squad 10 fold.

I'm saying it sends a bad message, I understand were struggling to sign big players but at least sign proven players who are performing well in average teams.

For example we watched several good players pass by us in the summer like Bony, Benteke and Hart.

Edited by AidanLewis

I doubt very very much that all the talk about Barkley is purely paper talk, there can't be any substance in it.

As for Depay, I'm not happy about the potential transfer but I'll get behind him. As people have said, we're signing a failing player. In fact, we've signed a lot of failing players. Stekkers, a back up keeper, Valencia, couldn't get in the WHU side for whatever reason, Gana, relegated with Villa. Now Depay, never been able to perform in the EPL.

I'm not saying these signing are bad signings, in some cases (Gana), they've strengthened the squad 10 fold.

I'm saying it sends a bad message, I understand were struggling to sign big players but at least sign proven players who are performing well in average teams.

For example we watched several good players pass by us in the summer like Bony, Benteke and Hart.

You've contradicted yourself there... Bony and Benteke were 'failing' players who weren't getting a look in and Hart was surplus to requirements at City.

weve been a club who has resurrected "failing" careers for as long as I can remember

That was when we didn't have a pot to piss in. The guys we bought then wouldn't improve this current side and thats the difference.

I don't doubt that there will be players out there but I haven't see anything from Depay over here that suggests he is any better than what we have. Players that don't adapt always suggest that there is a problem between the ears. We need fighters not more snowflakes.

No they wouldn't. They were shining lights in a terrible team (individual talent as opposed to the collective team talent).

Arteta would be borderline but Pienaar wouldn't fit in at all.

id rather have 1st season Pienaar than any of the options we have on the left

You've contradicted yourself there... Bony and Benteke were 'failing' players who weren't getting a look in and Hart was surplus to requirements at City.

Benteke and Bony went to bigger clubs almost knowing they wouldn't be first choice though. They're proven players unlike most of our other signings.

I would absolutely have loved Benteke here. More so than Bolasie. Imagine him up front with Lukaku. Jees Louise. He'd win everything in the air, turn and slide Lukaku in - bang goal.

Every corner and free kick - bang goal.

On FIFA maybe, seen to two play together for Belgium and they don't work together.

No they wouldn't. They were shining lights in a terrible team (individual talent as opposed to the collective team talent).

Arteta would be borderline but Pienaar wouldn't fit in at all.

Which terrible team? The one that qualified for Europe x number of years between 05 and 10? Who exactly are you claiming is better than Pienaar in this current team? Coz I can't see one - just like I can't see better players than Arteta, Cahill, Ossie, oh yeah and we still have pretty much the same back four, which kind of ruins any claim that players from that 'terrible team' wouldn't get a kick alongside the world beaters of 14 to 16.

Which terrible team? The one that qualified for Europe x number of years between 05 and 10? Who exactly are you claiming is better than Pienaar in this current team? Coz I can't see one - just like I can't see better players than Arteta, Cahill, Ossie, oh yeah and we still have pretty much the same back four, which kind of ruins any claim that players from that 'terrible team' wouldn't get a kick alongside the world beaters of 14 to 16.

That's why I said individual not the collective. Individually Mirallas, Gerry, Bolasie are all better that Pienaar but they don't fit into the team half as well as Pienaar did.

That's why I said individual not the collective. Individually Mirallas, Gerry, Bolasie are all better that Pienaar but they don't fit into the team half as well as Pienaar did.

Well that's where we disagree. Mirallas and Deulofeu aren't very good footballers, if they were they'd start every game in the Prem. Like Pienaar did, because he was tenacious, good with the ball in tight spaces, could pick a pass and linked up well with others. They are hallmarks of good footballers to me.

I mentioned it in the Barkley thread that having the right cohesion/dynamics call it what you will bring out the best in players ie Ross not solely a manager coming in and in six months turning him into a superstar whilst working with what he's basically been handed down

Pienaar for me was the right fit for how we played and the system we used at the time. Would he work in our side any better now in his prime I'm not sure tbh I think he's very similar to Lennon in most areas

A prime Ossie and Cahill would be brilliant to have now though

I mentioned it in the Barkley thread that having the right cohesion/dynamics call it what you will bring out the best in players ie Ross not solely a manager coming in and in six months turning him into a superstar whilst working with what he's basically been handed down

Pienaar for me was the right fit for how we played and the system we used at the time. Would he work in our side any better now in his prime I'm not sure tbh I think he's very similar to Lennon in most areas

A prime Ossie and Cahill would be brilliant to have now though

Yeh this is what I was getting at. You put Pienaar into this playing style and the game will pass him by, same with Osman. Koeman would love Cahill though.

That's fine with me!

I hate stories like this. The way athletes and their bodies are policed at all times these days is frightening.

That's fine with me!

I hate stories like this. The way athletes and their bodies are policed at all times these days is frightening.

lol I completely agree. what they do on their own time is up to them. if he can smoke and be fine in training so be it. if he can't, then he will be dropped, but it shouldn't be due to smoking, it should be because he's not fit (potentially from smoking).

lol I completely agree. what they do on their own time is up to them. if he can smoke and be fine in training so be it. if he can't, then he will be dropped, but it shouldn't be due to smoking, it should be because he's not fit (potentially from smoking).

Right. It's all so authoritarian. I'd go mad living in that fucking panopticon.

They do get paid millions to keep themselves in the best shape possible so if that's what the club's ask of them it's fair enough!

They're paid to be productive on the field. If they can play at a high level and still smoke and drink, then that's their call. Or, if the manager likes to control that, then he can set up expectations. But, the players aren't slaves who must be monitored and regulated at all times, least of all by the media and fans. Their careers are primarily in their hands.