IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

The more I read of Dembele the better I feel about that as a potential transfer.

I don't think there's an ounce of potentially singing the lad nor has there been any indication it could happen

Tentatively linked last summer that's about it Spurs and Arsenal will fight it out for this lad

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Walsh guy 8m from Charlton, anyone know anything about him?

The Independent claim Everton are to pip Arsenal and Liverpool to the signature of Charlton Athletic attacker Ademola Lookman. Steve Walsh, the director of football at Everton, has identified Lookman as the man to replace the injured Yannick Bolasie. The report goes on to say Everton will offer £8 million upfront with a further £3m in potential add-ons and they feel a deal structured like this will convince Charlton to part ways with the player in January as opposed to the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say I know anything about this lad, anyone any insight on if he's decent?

has played all across the front 3, majority on left wing. 19 years old, 4 goals 2 assists in 21 League One matches this year (2 goals in 3 FA cup apps). Last year was his first professional year 5 goals 1 assist in 24 League One apps.

that's all I can glean. arsenal in for him as well.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Cheers Mark

Not barn storming but for his age in only his second pro year from out wide isn't to shabby

agreed, I'm guessing similar to Calvert Lewin.

EDIT- looked up calvert lewin, he never scored in League 1 (11 apps) but put 5 goals in 20 apps in League 2. So by simple logic Lookman is the same age and scored more goals at a higher level sooner and while at the same age. Could be promising.

Been around the Charton forums out of curiosity and they dont seem the lease bit phased, more bothered about the money.

when you're mid table in league 1, 12m pounds can do a lot more good than 1 player can. they'll probably buy 3 with that money. Plus that's the nature of a lower league club, selling high and buying low. I wouldn't expect them to be bothered.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Anyone mentioned wonderkid George Green yet? That we coughed up a square million to Oldham at the time with potentially more on the drip, (I wont correct it,seems it was Bradford,who'd we sign up to disappear from Oldham then?)

I'm being facetious anyway i'm just checking to see if anyone has coughed up that due to inflated tv monies that £10+ for a teenage prospect is "the going rate nowadays" etc.

If we sign him then all the best, its some move by Walsh such early doors.