IGNORED

Kostas Manolas

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, Matt, this way we can have another defender in midfield as well.

XD

If this another greek is good, why wouldnt we need him? Jags might be leaving next summer, or even in Jan(i surely hope nobody except Bily is leaving on window) and Duffy is loaned out. We have some young CB but they havent got a chance(what itbh think would happen to this fella also) in first team at all. If Jags leave, Distin is getting old(not yet) we need fresh blood on team. Who knows do we have any of our 3 CBs next season, aint so long when Johnny were talking like he wants out.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.shieldsga...s_ace_1_4116726

Everton are confirmed as interested by AEK's director of football Arnar Gretarsson.

“Their scouts came to Greece four times to see Kostas. I remember that in the last few weeks they sent a scout to see Manolas against Anderlecht and the assistant of David Moyes to see him at the league game against Atromitos.

“So far, we don’t have any official talks. It’s in their hands to make an offer and start negotiating. They know what we are asking to sell him.

“I spoke with the agent who has the mandate from Everton but I didn’t speak so far with someone from the English club.”

Interesting.

Nice, thanks for that. We should get Jelavic for the right price considering the financial crisis that is going on at Ibrox. I'd imagine come Wednesday Manolas and Jalovic will be in our team and that is something that I'm happy about even if Manolas might not feature regularly because of his age.

Plus £500,000 is good money in this day and age. A good bit of business from Moyes - thanks for the link Duncan.

Depressing that we have to see if we have 500k to spare from the Jelavic deal to see if this can go ahead. Really hope it does, as at 6ft 2 and that kind of pace, we could be looking at a very good player. 500k? Surely we must be able to muster up 500k from somewhere other than the billy money!? sad.png

This probably rules out the Hoilett Deal aswell laugh.pngrolleyes.gif

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Aftonbladet in sweden. (largest newspaper) have a live update with sports journalists answering peoples questions on a chat. (transfer deadline day) and they are saying that Manolas is a done deal. Signed today. 500 000 pounds.

They are also saying Nikica Jelavic at 6 000 000. Medical right now.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/530925

Some points from the above report from Greece

Everton came in with an improved offer for Manolas. 600k Euros upfront 400k after 20 appearances and 500k after 40 appearances. AEK are believed to be happy with this.

Everton have contradicted reports by SkySports that they have come to an agreement with the player.

The player is now the one holding up this deal, and Everton have given him till 2pm (Greek time) to agree.

There is a rival team interested in Manolas from the German league (rumoured to be Werder Bremen) where Greek players and particularly Greek defenders have been very successfull. Manolas could be waiting to see if they make an offer.

Moyes's comments about him not being ready for the Prem can't have helped. Manolas has a slim chance of making the Greek Eurofinals squad, he's not going to make it by playing reserve football.

Before the transfer window, he was considering running down his contract and going to the team of his choice in the summer. That might still appeal to him.

Either way we'll know in 4 hours time

Taken from NSNO