IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away) Saturday January 21st

markjazzbassist

Barry works best when we sit deeper and counter, I doubt we will look to do that against Palace.

Agreed. I reckon we'll see Schneiderlin stepping in:

Joel

Coleman Williams Mori Baines

Schneiderlin Davies

Valencia Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

not what I want to see, but what I expect.

The crash back to earth is going to be ferocious isn't it? :lol:

The thing I'll be looking at is the players mentality.

We've seen this before, when there is little to no expectation pre game (vs Arsenal, vs City), they turn up and smash it. Afterwards, when the fans are back to expecting the same again, they've been shown to crumble.

Will be interesting to see how they play and how Koeman lines them up.

The thing I'll be looking at is the players mentality.

We've seen this before, when there is little to no expectation pre game (vs Arsenal, vs City), they turn up and smash it. Afterwards, when the fans are back to expecting the same again, they've been shown to crumble.

Will be interesting to see how they play and how Koeman lines them up.

I think Koeman will be looking at the same thing, and any players that he feels aren't mentally tough enough will be out on their ear. Edited by Romey 1878

In the recent past I would agree we would do the hard job then stuff up the easier match.

Most of the players know they are playing for their future, which should be a motivating factor. Hopefully Koeman has installed some mental toughness and we can turn them over. I believe we have and the squad is now starting to play and think the way he wants, this will be a good test.

This is a game we must win, Palace look dreadful at the moment. Zaha is at Afcon, which leaves Benteke upfront with little service.

Hopefully another convincing win!

Having just beaten City 4 - 0 I hope we don't go into this game thinking it will be easy.

Palace has (the singular form for Pad's benefit ;)) been a bit of a bogey team. I remember vividly Martinez's first season, when I was counting down the points between us and Arsenal. We almost made caught them, but it was the game against Palace that was our undoing and brought a shattering end to hope. Still, supposed bogey teams are mostly superstition (except for the unconscious affects on players' minds), so I would expect a win. Palace is indeed is a dreadful state.

Palace has (the singular form for Pad's benefit ;)) been a bit of a bogey team. I remember vividly Martinez's first season, when I was counting down the points between us and Arsenal. We almost made caught them, but it was the game against Palace that was our undoing and brought a shattering end to hope. Still, supposed bogey teams are mostly superstition (except for the unconscious affects on players' minds), so I would expect a win. Palace is indeed is a dreadful state.

I blame the weather for that one. If we'd played them when it was originally supposed to have been played I bet we'd have won that game.

Baines may be out?

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/01/19/boss-confident-baines-will-be-fit

If so, and if Koeman goes for 343, I'll hope Oviedo gets a start at wingback. What are the other options? Schneiderlin or McCarthy?

or he could do that back 4 with

coleman Holgate Williams Mori

I don't like it but I could see him possibly doing it since Sam will park the bus and we will need to attack.