IGNORED

Sunderland (Home) Saturday February 25th

markjazzbassist

They just got trounced and have to come to fortress goodison. They're desperate for points and moyes will setup the parked bus and hopes Defoe nicks one on the break. Our defense is shaky but we should win this.

Robles

Holgate Williams mori

Coleman Davies schneiderlin baines

Barkley lookman

Lukaku

I could see gana start over Davies too.

Everton 2017 vs Everton 2009.

Going to be weird when the stadium announcer reads the Sunderland line up, majority of their team will get the former player "wheyyyy", well except Lescott. Prick.

Should win this easily but they will be scrapping, Defoe is still one of the best in the Prem at finishing, he will be dangerous.

Guest rusty747

be interesting to see what Koeman has them doing over there.

Well, they are staying in a hotel and using a training facility only a 10 minute drive from where I live so I will try to have a look on Friday.

Guest rusty747

They don't mess about. Just been accepted into the group.

Twenty Five places for visitors to a training session at 10-00am Wednesday but looks like they are all taken and I can't get away from work anyway.

Edited by rusty747

NBC Sports Live are showing it.

on their website it says palace and boro are on TV, our match is "digital only". I don't have a subscribtion to them, you gotta have a premium cable package to get that (I don't even own a TV!). I usually watch at my parents house as they have cable and I can watch all the NBC channels, but to show Boro Palace over us is madness.

We have options, which is nice, so have the opportunity to setup twice over and mix it up a lot. Sunderland much less so. We'll be Barkley Lukaku Mirallas first half, and depending how it goes could be Valencia Lukaku Lookman second half.

It's easier because of limitations to second guess Sunderland, so my gameplan would be 4-5-1 (just found this h**p://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/the-details-of-lee-cattermole-s-latest-setback-plus-a-full-sunderland-injury-update-1-8407869)

Pickford

Jones Kone O'Shea Oviedo

Ndong Gibson

Januzaj Larsson Borini

Defoe

Simply put, fill their third of the pitch and try to work time and space to Gibson to quarterback-pass Defoe in specifically against Mori All Game, drag a booking out of him early or work him for freekicks. They are lacking significant options and Januzaj should be shut down easy enough Borini to track Coleman as much as possible to make Oviedo's life easier cleaning up on our dangerous right flank.

We get to run the rule over Kone, if I was Moyes i'd give Pienaar only a cameo, our midfield will run him to death in five minutes flat and no one wants him red carded, they'll come longing for a point, try to isolate Mori and have a few digs from distance/free kicks. We should be able to limit their corners and get around Gibson fairly easily. So a frustrating draw (Pickford MOTM and we equalise Defoe's early strike) or we'll turn them over handsomely and share the goals round (Ross, Kev, Rom, Ad).

Wouldn't be against a fly over with 'Good Luck Bradley #5' on five minutes either.

on their website it says palace and boro are on TV, our match is "digital only". I don't have a subscribtion to them, you gotta have a premium cable package to get that (I don't even own a TV!). I usually watch at my parents house as they have cable and I can watch all the NBC channels, but to show Boro Palace over us is madness.

big 6 pointer isn't it, to a neutral, that's a bigger game due to the consequences it could have for either club

Guest rusty747

With only Defoe up front in a likely 4-5-1 set up, I think we should revert to a back four and, assuming everyone is/remains fit:

Joel

Coleman. Williams. Mori. Baines

Schneiderlin. McCarthy

Mirallas. Barkley. Lookman

Lukaku

Bench: Stek. Jags. Holgate. Gana. Davies. Valencia. Kone

Gana for McCarthy, Davies for Barkley and Valencia or Kone for Rom once he has scored his third!

Edited by rusty747

big 6 pointer isn't it, to a neutral, that's a bigger game due to the consequences it could have for either club

yes but Howard and Donovan played for Everton so outside the top 6 sides I would think we would have a large base in the states hence airing us. I don't know a single American who supports boro, I know one that supports palace.

yes but Howard and Donovan played for Everton so outside the top 6 sides I would think we would have a large base in the states hence airing us. I don't know a single American who supports boro, I know one that supports palace.

I kinda agree. Everton has a decent following in the states -- several supporters' clubs in the bigger cities. They had a decent one when I lived in Seattle.

Edit: and to add to this, I don't know very many other clubs that have a supporters' club, besides the obvious "bigger" clubs.

Edited by TonkaRoost

I kinda agree. Everton has a decent following in the states -- several supporters' clubs in the bigger cities. They had a decent one when I lived in Seattle.

Edit: and to add to this, I don't know very many other clubs that have a supporters' club, besides the obvious "bigger" clubs.

exactly, if united was on at the same time, sure I get that. but F'ing Boro and palace? time to find a stream.

We have options, which is nice, so have the opportunity to setup twice over and mix it up a lot. Sunderland much less so. We'll be Barkley Lukaku Mirallas first half, and depending how it goes could be Valencia Lukaku Lookman second half.

It's easier because of limitations to second guess Sunderland, so my gameplan would be 4-5-1 (just found this h**p://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/the-details-of-lee-cattermole-s-latest-setback-plus-a-full-sunderland-injury-update-1-8407869)

Pickford

Jones Kone O'Shea Oviedo

Ndong Gibson

Januzaj Larsson Borini

Defoe

Simply put, fill their third of the pitch and try to work time and space to Gibson to quarterback-pass Defoe in specifically against Mori All Game, drag a booking out of him early or work him for freekicks. They are lacking significant options and Januzaj should be shut down easy enough Borini to track Coleman as much as possible to make Oviedo's life easier cleaning up on our dangerous right flank.

We get to run the rule over Kone, if I was Moyes i'd give Pienaar only a cameo, our midfield will run him to death in five minutes flat and no one wants him red carded, they'll come longing for a point, try to isolate Mori and have a few digs from distance/free kicks. We should be able to limit their corners and get around Gibson fairly easily. So a frustrating draw (Pickford MOTM and we equalise Defoe's early strike) or we'll turn them over handsomely and share the goals round (Ross, Kev, Rom, Ad).

Wouldn't be against a fly over with 'Good Luck Bradley #5' on five minutes either.

Martinez would not have gone with that...cough cough!