IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

said on news free but his wages are 13 million, paid for by Man Utd. Make of that what you will.

So in essence they gave him to us for free and 13 m for his wages? Fucks sake some brilliant negotiating there. "We'll take the player and you'll give us a sack of money, also moshiri needs lunch and you'll be picking up the tab, were Everton dammit, you pay us to give us your players, we don't pay you"

all but Lukaku gone, then Rooney must be in line to be our number one striker this season - perhaps the main man in league games, with others used in cups. We also seem looking to be far more creative - So we should be reasonably optimistic that Rooney could well be best placed to be our top scorer this season - will have far more game time in his best position along with fire in his belly.

A Roy of the Rover return to Everton - being give the freedom again to be the main striker once again - Premier league top scorer - 1/100

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-goalscorer

when you look at the players ahead of him in this list - this price is very tempting as an outsider bet

Same proce as Van Dyke fucking hell ?

Anyone hear of rumored amounts? I heard 10m but haven't seen a credible source say how much the deal is worth yet.

Most credible thing I've seen is that it was used as informal part of Rom deal. Instead of fee rising to 100m it rises to 90m instead. If you want to say he cost 10m in addition to wages I think that's fair.

Rooney leaving us was the single worst thing I have ever experienced as an Everton fan. I remember feeling physically sick - at that point he looked like he could have been the greatest ever, he was one of ours and he left at 18, it just underlined to me how fucking unfair and bullshit the football industry could be.

For me he never came close to living up to his potential, especially in international football. being the all-time record England goalscorer will never disguise how poor he was in tournaments after Euro 2004.

Am I happy to have him back? Of course I bloody am. There hasn't been any time in the last 13 years when I wouldn't have wanted him back. Yes, I don't think he became the world beater he should have been, but he has still been up their in the world class bracket, and has a medal collection to prove it. And yes, he's 31 and his best days are behind him. He might not even be our best player on the pitch next season.

But what really excites me about what is going on at the club at the moment is that Moshiri seems to have a very clear long term plan. Off the pitch, he's doing the right things to turn us into a serious footballing brand again. On it, we're investing massively in youth, which will give us a strong business (through future transfers) and footballing platform.

I am absolutely certain Rooney will have a massive role to play in both. In commercial terms, we've just signed one of the genuine superstars of the world game. Rooney just wearing an Everton shirt makes us massively more marketable. On the pitch, we're signing a role model for the younger players, someone who knows how to win the league, the cups, the Europa and Champions League. What young player wouldn't get a buzz out of playing alongside someone like him? It will give everyone a lift, and I think he has actually matured into a pretty good captain and leader (just not for England!).

Finally, I think he comes here with a point to prove. Everyone has written him off, said he's not good enough at the top level anymore. Maybe they're right, but this is Roy of the Rovers stuff for him. He's a passionate guy anyway, you know he will be giving his absolute all to come back and lead us to glory. Having a player of his calibre, with his experience, fired up and motivated the way he will be - what could possibly go wrong lol!

Great post.

Koeman:

"Everyone knows the qualities of Wayne. We want to try to get more productivity and he is that striker.

"With those qualities he can play different positions but offensively he can be a 10 behind the striker, play a free role on the left, 9 or 7.

"They are positions Wayne will play."

Yes. Heard the word "erm" enough to last a life time.

that a scouser thing? ross says it all the time too.

Koeman:

"Everyone knows the qualities of Wayne. We want to try to get more productivity and he is that striker.

"With those qualities he can play different positions but offensively he can be a 10 behind the striker, play a free role on the left, 9 or 7.

"They are positions Wayne will play."

just like sandro, anywhere across the front 3.

that a scouser thing? ross says it all the time too.

just like sandro, anywhere across the front 3.

errr, kinda like, carragherrrrrrr says errr a lot too.

Nah it seems to be the blunter tools in the shed (don't get too excited at that word Mike!) say it a lot when thinking on their feet.

Unfortunately he was stood next to mirallas who is like a racing snake.

Yeah. I see him yesterday on his own and thought he looked quite slim. Like I say, veins popping out of his arms.

Then I see him today in training pictures...I didn't realise he was such a big framed bloke.

I think with some good hard pre season training he'll be in great shape.

So that's a big target of the signing accomplished already.

Defo, he's brought a media circus with him, we'll constantly be mentioned on Sky now because of it. All part of raising the clubs profile and making sure we get maximum exposure all the time.

We'll be hated soon- this pleases me.