IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

Telegraph cryptic crossword today. Clue: International player, half-hearted reserve at end of season. Was just about to write 'Rooney' but it didn't fit. :D

Springbok I'm thinking, though I'm struggling to work out how "half-hearted reserve" = bok.

Springbok I'm thinking, though I'm struggling to work out how "half-hearted reserve" = bok.

You got it Mike, to reserve is to book, half hearted is only one O instead of two Os in the heart of the word = bok, on the end of the season which is spring.

But I'm sure you knew that, good one.

You got it Mike, to reserve is to book, half hearted is only one O instead of two Os in the heart of the word = bok, on the end of the season which is spring.

This means nothing to me.

Edit: and I intend no offense. Just that sometimes English across an ocean is entirely a different language.

Edited by nyblue23

Of course, I'm out of practice, ta Bill.

Bill, when we do the Telegraph cryptic, her indoors is far better than me on the cryptic clues but I, quite often, can see the anagrams very quickly. Must be something to do with that weird part of the brain. Probably due to me being dropped as a baby!

This anagram crap is pretty irritating, so, back to wary noon eye. Here's an upbeat piece from Ian Darke.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3156224/wayne-rooney-everton-move-about-top-player-looking-to-prove-critics-wrong

(Btw, what's Darke's reputation as an announcer over your way? Answer with an anagram, if you must.)

This anagram crap is pretty irritating, so, back to wary noon eye. Here's an upbeat piece from Ian Darke.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3156224/wayne-rooney-everton-move-about-top-player-looking-to-prove-critics-wrong

(Btw, what's Darke's reputation as an announcer over your way? Answer with an anagram, if you must.)

No idea, maybe someone else can shed some light on the matter.

Bill, when we do the Telegraph cryptic, her indoors is far better than me on the cryptic clues but I, quite often, can see the anagrams very quickly. Must be something to do with that weird part of the brain. Probably due to me being dropped as a baby!

That was my starting point really John, spotting them I found quite easy, even more so when you get a handle on the "indicators" which there must always be in a properly constructed puzzle.

Gascoigne is right of course.

Oar in a whisked mixture.

I'm becoming more excited about Rooney by the day. I just have a good feeling about him giving his all.

i didn't want him here and wasn't excited but to be honest Rooney Fever has gotten to even me. I"m optimistic about it. 10+ goals and i'll be happy. I think Koeman is the right manager to get the best out of him.

He's a bit of an Arena Kid.