IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

This is true. It's happened to us in recent years with the American fans following because of Tim Howard.

I have followed this forum ever since I have followed Everton (5 years or so). Since this post speaks to me I think now is a good time to emerge from the shadows .On a whim, a friend and I decided to choose Premier League teams to support and we both independently selected Everton. I can't speak for him but having a prominent American on the squad was a key factor in my case. We have since encouraged a couple more friends to follow the club. Additionally, we've both spent a decent amount on club gear, watched every game and will be taking a trip overseas in the next year or two (my friend has already been once). I've said all that to say this; the impact of a globally recognized player like Rooney is hard to overstate.I truly think we could pay him 500k a week and he'd still be a good investment for what he brings off the pitch. The Kyle Walker example is a good one. Rooney is going to draw attention and create interest regardless of how he performs and that has tremendous value for the club.

I have followed this forum ever since I have followed Everton (5 years or so). Since this post speaks to me I think now is a good time to emerge from the shadows .On a whim, a friend and I decided to choose Premier League teams to support and we both independently selected Everton. I can't speak for him but having a prominent American on the squad was a key factor in my case. We have since encouraged a couple more friends to follow the club. Additionally, we've both spent a decent amount on club gear, watched every game and will be taking a trip overseas in the next year or two (my friend has already been once). I've said all that to say this; the impact of a globally recognized player like Rooney is hard to overstate.I truly think we could pay him 500k a week and he'd still be a good investment for what he brings off the pitch. The Kyle Walker example is a good one. Rooney is going to draw attention and create interest regardless of how he performs and that has tremendous value for the club.

Good stuff.

I should have said in my post that T-How had an influence after his World Cup display. That was the intention!!!

Good stuff.

I should have said in my post that T-How had an influence after his World Cup display. That was the intention!!!

Yea he was immense. If only we could sign Pulisic. He would pay off his fee in jersey sales to American fans within the week. I think Everton would do well to consider a preseason U.S. tour in the future. It's telling when some of the biggest teams in the world make this a priority via the International Champion's Cup. Coincidentally, I'm going to be at the Roma Vs. PSG game this Wednesday in Detroit.

Welcome Sparty. You should have got involved years ago mate.

Thanks. I was somewhat active on the ap when that was going but I wasn't ready for the big leagues. I played growing up and followed the Premier League peripherally but I try not to comment on things until I halfway know what I'm talking about and it took a while for that to (debatably) be the case. Or maybe I'm just a fair weather fan and am coming out of the woodwork now that our prospects are looking good. B)

Yea he was immense. If only we could sign Pulisic. He would pay off his fee in jersey sales to American fans within the week. I think Everton would do well to consider a preseason U.S. tour in the future. It's telling when some of the biggest teams in the world make this a priority via the International Champion's Cup. Coincidentally, I'm going to be at the Roma Vs. PSG game this Wednesday in Detroit.

First of all, I would cream in my jeans if we signed Pulisic.

Second of all, Everton have done US preseason tours in the past. I went in 2011 to see Philadelphia Union v Everton. I don't think Everton have been in the US since the 2013 "international champions cup" or whatever in LA, though. I'd really appreciate another US trip. But, it seems that the club is looking to expand its brand on other continents for now.

Oh no- not another crazy American ??

Welcome mate

We've got to be close to a third of the more active forum at this rate. markjazzbassist, joequince, albanyny, elston gunn, nutmegwolf, tonkaroost, cornishsteve(even though adopted), quinn31, and me to name a few. We're taking over!

Right. Grab the spears and swords. Bring back the inmates from Australia. They're needed.

Right. Grab the spears and swords. Bring back the inmates from Australia. They're needed.

Checkin in (Although technically not of convict origin).

Long time lurker blah blah. Following football for 25 years, Everton for a good 13 of those, basically since a young lad with Millwall decided to head North. That and the amount of unchecked Liverpool fans down here that need sorting from time to time.

On topic, I think Rooney will turn a trick with us. I don't see him scoring 20+ in the league, but I think he will nab some very important goals for us and brings about the type of mentality in big games that we have sorely lacked in the past.

I was watching the Premier League avidly some years ago but considered myself a neutral fan and then I saw Arteta's performance and goal against Fiorentina. Obviously a shame about the result, but when that goal went in I was captivated by the crowd's reaction. It made me take notice because I hadn't seen or heard anything like that thus far. The goal was beautiful, but the people drew me in.

Long time lurker blah blah. Following football for 25 years, Everton for a good 13 of those, basically since a young lad with Millwall decided to head North. That and the amount of unchecked Liverpool fans down here that need sorting from time to time.

On topic, I think Rooney will turn a trick with us. I don't see him scoring 20+ in the league, but I think he will nab some very important goals for us and brings about the type of mentality in big games that we have sorely lacked in the past.

its a pincer movement from the rebels and convicts!

Welcome :)

The back up is arriving!!! Welcome!!!

Interesting that Cahill was an influence. Players can make a huge difference to peeps who don't yet have a team to follow.

We've got to be close to a third of the more active forum at this rate. markjazzbassist, joequince, albanyny, elston gunn, nutmegwolf, tonkaroost, cornishsteve(even though adopted), quinn31, and me to name a few. We're taking over!

:guns:

The day this forum develops a significant Oz presence is the day all civility is lost.