IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Home) Saturday March 11th

markjazzbassist

The other choice is to stick with the defence that has served us so well until today. You send them out there to make up for the shambles of today.

exactly. or what I suggest with Holgate in there since with 3 they have less ground to cover and less to fuck up. Not sure who else people want in there, a back four of coleman Holgate pennington baines? I'd be scared with that.

exactly. or what I suggest with Holgate in there since with 3 they have less ground to cover and less to fuck up. Not sure who else people want in there, a back four of coleman Holgate pennington baines? I'd be scared with that.

Holgate and Mori are fine as long as they've got Williams between them to marshal it. Mori can't be the senior centre back in a pairing in my opinion as his positional and awareness of the position is not good enough - don't get me wrong, he's got many good attributes but not enough to be a Premier League mainstay. It's mad how Argentinian centre backs can look amazing for Argentinia and class in Italian, Spanish and German leagues but I couldn't name one that's suited the Premier League at centre back... can anyone? Edited by c1982

Holgate and Mori are fine as long as they've got Williams between them to marshal it. Mori can't be the senior centre back in a pairing in my opinion as his positional and awareness of the position is not good enough - don't get me wrong, he's got many good attributes but not enough to be a Premier League mainstay. It's mad how Argentinian centre backs can look amazing for Argentinia and class in Italian, Spanish and German leagues but I couldn't name one that's suited the Premier League at centre back... can anyone?

It's more or less the same with all South American CB's. I don't know why either.

The other choice is to stick with the defence that has served us so well until today. You send them out there to make up for the shambles of today.

I was made up when we signed Williams, but I'd say he's been caught out in every game where he's played on the right. It's time for the manager to drop him or give him a chance on his natural side.

Mad saying this but this is a big game for us, we've not been able to shake them off all season. We've been on a great run and they've stayed up our hoops all through it . They're going about their business quietly and nobodys noticing them.

We have to beat them

Completely agree. 6 pointer. If they win they could overtake us. This 7 still could be Europe so big match.

Robles

Holgate Williams Mori

Coleman Baines

Schniedz McCarthey Gana

Barkley

Lukaku

I'd have Davies on the bench as I feel him coming on will have a bigger impact than starting him as West Brom can be quite physical, something which I don't think he will great at competing against for a full game.

Robles

Holgate Williams Mori

Coleman Baines

Schniedz McCarthey Gana

Barkley

Lukaku

I'd have Davies on the bench as I feel him coming on will have a bigger impact than starting him as West Brom can be quite physical, something which I don't think he will great at competing against for a full game.

I agree with this lineup. The game this weekend would have been different if McCarthy had played. We need the aggression and steel that he brings. Also, we seem to play much better with three at the back and Coleman/Baines running the wings.

Robles

Holgate Williams Mori

Coleman Baines

Schniedz McCarthey Gana

Barkley

Lukaku

too defensive for a home match against a parked bus. we need to go all out attack, 3 DM's is too many. 2 at most, heck schneiderlin as the lone sitter over a back 3 could work well.

West Brom aren't 4 points behind us for no reason, a defensive, yet attacking approach is needed against them, hence the wing backs for attacking and the 3 CDM's. They are very good in holding a 1-0 lead, very dangerous from set pieces. McCarthy and Gana will get a bit more forward but will offer us protection. Mirallas, Lookman and Davies should be our go to guys on the bench to see out the game.

West Brom aren't 4 points behind us for no reason, a defensive, yet attacking approach is needed against them, hence the wing backs for attacking and the 3 CDM's. They are very good in holding a 1-0 lead, very dangerous from set pieces. McCarthy and Gana will get a bit more forward but will offer us protection. Mirallas, Lookman and Davies should be our go to guys on the bench to see out the game.

I understand your rationale I just don't agree. well see what koeman does on Saturday I guess. Also I feel there should be some retribution or something for them not playing Galloway and refusing to return him without full payment, we should spank them.

Robles

Holgate Williams Mori

Coleman Baines

Schniedz McCarthey Gana

Barkley

Lukaku

Why are we all of a sudden reverting to ultra defensive tactics?

Robles.

Holgate Williams Mori

Coleman (Baines if no one else available or ready)

Schneiderlin Barkley McCarthy

Lukaku Lookman

If Baines plays which I'm sure he will he has to be more offensive minded as Coleman is, and stop turning a back three into a back four his negativity going forward its compromising the shape of the team, and let's there wide men or full back play in our half when ideally we want him stretching them and playing in their half.

If the Spurs game taught us anything its the following:

1) Barry is too old and slow against teams who press in midfield.

2) When we flood the midfield with central players then we don't have enough attacking options, attacks break down and we hand the initiative back to the opposition.

Robles, Coleman, Baines, Mori, Williams, Gana, McCarthy, Morgan, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku

If the Spurs game taught us anything its the following:

1) Barry is too old and slow against teams who press in midfield.

2) When we flood the midfield with central players then we don't have enough attacking options, attacks break down and we hand the initiative back to the opposition.

Robles, Coleman, Baines, Mori, Williams, Gana, McCarthy, Morgan, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku

Spurs taught us playing 5 central midfielders at one time doesn't work.

Barry was potentially MOTM in the first game against Spurs and he did lots of good things on Sunday but he gets more stick than others because he is older.

Balance is everything in football, it's one of the most underrated factors of any tactic and we had none of it on Sunday and it was detrimental to several players in that team.

Against West Brom we need to go back to what has served us well. 1 all out DM, likely to be Morgan, one box to box (Davies) and 1 ball winner (Gana/McCarthy) with Barkley one side and Lookman/Mirallas on the other.

I think we will still creak a little at the back as I'm not convinced by the Williams/Mori combination but they are still our best bet.

Why are we all of a sudden reverting to ultra defensive tactics?

:lol: ultra defensive yeah?

two wing backs offers us more going forward, gana showed against sunderland he likes to get forward, McCarthy can push a bit more forward, Morgan sits with the 3 at the back. Ultra defensive, don't make me laugh.

:lol: ultra defensive yeah?

two wing backs offers us more going forward, gana showed against sunderland he likes to get forward, McCarthy can push a bit more forward, Morgan sits with the 3 at the back. Ultra defensive, don't make me laugh.

Pushing defensive players doesn't make a formation more attacking, it just makes it more unbalanced.

Against Spurs we had two natural attacking players. That's Moyes esque... I thought Rodwell was going to turn up on the right wing again!