IGNORED

Davy Klaassen

well if McCarthy is 15 m why is klaasen 30m he was shite against united.

Lukaku was shite against united and he's worst 100m.

When we were first interested in this guy, people seemed excited. Many opinions have changed due to his display against united.... was he really that bad.

10 goals and 20 assists last season...but in a league that overall a bit below the PL.

Looks OK. Seems to like getting forward and into the box. Possibly a more attacking version of Morgan, maybe not quite as much quality.

If the price is right, and he comes in and gets even half of his return for Ajax last season then it's more than we are currently getting from our kids!

Lukaku has played 4 years in the prem and had some bad games but has averaged 20 goals a season so he's entitled to have a bad game.

Same with Klaassen isn't it?

Hasn't he been warning good reviews and had good stats?

But you seem him okay once and he has a bad game, and it's somehow different to Lukaku?

All I'm saying is don't be so quick to judge him on one bad game. He could be good, he good he had! He could be a great signing or a wet squid. But one match isn't a good sample of him.

Not saying your wrong though mate, just that none of us really know yet.

Edit: and Lukaku hasn't averaged more than 20 goals either wink.

Edited by Shukes

I rate him highly. Surely the best Ajax player. He's a weird mixture of playmaker, finisher and box to box midfielder. Not the best in all three, but excellent overall as he can provide very versatile mixture of abilities. I can easily compare him to late Rooney under SAF, playing behind the striker. Has to establish himself though.

This is what i'm struggling with.

People are saying he's someone who's more box to box than a playmaker. So surely that leaves him as part of the midfield 3.

Goalkeeper

Coleman - Keane? - Williams - Baines

Morgan - Gana / Davies

Klaassen?

Sandro/Barkley - Lukaku (his replacement) - Bolasie/Mirallas

I'm so confused by our team's (potential) set up.

Balance seems off still.

A glaring weakness is on the left. Mirallas has been inconsistent for too long.

A glaring weakness is on the left. Mirallas has been inconsistent for too long.

If Lukaku's gone (Barkley as well), Sandro likely to be central (where he played for Malaga). Then bring Brahimi (or Keita Balde) in for the left and Bertrand Traore for the right, then we'd be pretty dangerous up front. If we can't replace Lukaku with a Batshuayi, Modeste, or Kalinic type, I'd be pretty happy with the first scenario above. Only improvement would be adding Mahrez as well (dreaming big)

Have said the same since we bought him. Just average.

We need two good young uns at the back to replace the over thirties and decent back up.

It has to be a very good window to improve us to top four challengers.

Edited by Bill

The most successful player at Ajax for the last six years.

And we don't want him because he is t good enough for us?

Strange days indeed.

Janssen scored 27 league goals in 34 league games last season for AZ and has looked God awful all this season. People have every right to be apprehensive. Edited by AidanLewis

Janssen scored 27 league goals in 34 league games last season for AZ and has looked God awful all this season. People have every right to be apprehensive.

I would be apprehensive but Walsh and co have a track record of spotting talent and Koeman knows the dutch leagues, so I am hopeful.

I know.

I just saw it the other way though. Everything in that article seemed positive. Especially the Tim Cahil comparison.

Hard working and energetic. Scores goals, gets assists. Seems perfect for us.

The only negative in that article was that other Dutch players who the author had bugged up had let him down.

i thought the exact same shukes. also depay left when he was young, this lad seems more grounded, stayed a while. only hitch i have with it is he sounds exactly the same as Davies, and i'd rather play the young lad.

I was more concerned about his inability to make an impact in a poor Dutch squad and also his performance in the Europa League final, but everyone has been poor in the Dutch setup and one game doesn't decide a player's ability. I do think he could be a great addition and hopefully so at that price. It's just players from the Dutch league make me nervous.

Reading it back now, I'm admittedly being a little nit-picky. If he works as hard as they're saying then I don't doubt he'll be a fan favorite in no time.

It's tough to make too many comparisons, and you can't really compare every Dutch player.

Some of the premier leagues greatest ever have been Dutch, RVP, RVN, Bergkamp, but some stinkers too, AVDM, Drenthe, the only way we will know is to bite the bullet.

Guest rusty747

Well, hit or miss, it's really refreshing to see us (hopefully) stealing a march on the opposition in the transfer market.

Credit where it's due. Well played Everton.

Edited by rusty747

I don't get most of the people on here with their concerns. "He made tons of goals and assists in shite league" does this mean he's good or shite? I don't understand what do you expect, to buy established players from top clubs in top leagues....??? Well these won't come here, let's face it. Klaassen is one of the most appreciated talents out there who is in our reach. No one knows whether he will succeed or fail, but that's football. We actually have to bring someone in order to improve and every new signing comes with the big risk of being a mistake.

Edited by Haiku

i thought the exact same shukes. also depay left when he was young, this lad seems more grounded, stayed a while. only hitch i have with it is he sounds exactly the same as Davies, and i'd rather play the young lad.

Agree with the Davies competition, don't think it's such a bad thing if the 18 year old future star is pushed to the bench by it.

agree with the above, games will be thick and fast and hopefully with 3 good cup runs the likes of Davies and our other young guns complimented by 6 decent summer signings will all have enough game time to keep them all happy!

excited by this one - looks decent and the type of player Koeman has been crying out for.