• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe in a settled team, with a good manager, and given a run of  he would succeed here. Just need to get through through the remainder of the season unscathed and get a good manager in durin

Shame it didn’t work out but we had to cut our losses. Good luck Davy!

We should give all the new players another  season before we consider letting any go imo.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

He was involved a lot but didn’t make much of an impression for me. Seemed a less dynamic version of Gana, did t do anything special. Just collected the ball and moved it on simply. A mature game I suspose.

He hasn't played a game of any sort since December, so I'd have been surprised if he'd shown anything more to be honest.

Hopefully he gets a few games for the U23s in a row and shows more.

Good for him he's been treated by Allardyce pretty much the same way as Koeman treated Niasse, he just needed a fair opportunity to adjust and he would have been a great addition to the squad.

I replayed his videos of him he's got bags of quality and he has the attitude we want at this club, which is don't cry and throw your dummy out the pram because you think your the bollocks, he's got head down arse up and work hard attitude and that needs rewarding.

And if people think that's wrong they are probably the same people who didn't want Niasse to be given another chance after he showed that if you act professionally and work hard you deserve a chance, and thankfully he took his or we would be deeper in the shit.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Good for him he's been treated by Allardyce pretty much the same way as Koeman treated Niasse, he just needed a fair opportunity to adjust and he would have been a great addition to the squad.

I replayed his videos of him he's got bags of quality and he has the attitude we want at this club, which is don't cry and throw your dummy out the pram because you think your the bollocks, he's got head down arse up and work hard attitude and that needs rewarding.

And if people think that's wrong they are probably the same people who didn't want Niasse to be given another chance after he showed that if you act professionally and work hard you deserve a chance, and thankfully he took his or we would be deeper in the shit.

Read Dunc's assessment of him in the U23 game. So far he has contributed nothing in a blue shirt. And to say he hasn't had a fair chance is bollocks, he's played ten times for us and his appearances got worse, not better. 

I'll change my opinion of him when he starts to show he's good enough. 

28 minutes ago, nogs said:

Read Dunc's assessment of him in the U23 game. So far he has contributed nothing in a blue shirt. And to say he hasn't had a fair chance is bollocks, he's played ten times for us and his appearances got worse, not better. 

I don't think you been say any midfielder has deserved to play every week. Klaassen should have had me minutes as should Baningime and Besic. 

Pickford aside no one has played good and consistently enough to play every week. 

2 hours ago, nogs said:

I read Unsworth’s he’s the manager and he rated him I think I’ll trust the opinions of the pro’s, you go where you want. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I read Unsworth’s he’s the manager and he rated him I think I’ll trust the opinions of the pro’s, you go where you want. 

Unsworth dropped him from the senior side. He also talked glowingly about Jose Baxter when he came back last August. Maybe its time he got another chance in the first team... 

I read some of Unsworths comments regarding his attitude but not heard anything from him to say Klaassen plays well

If he did say that then I really do think we made the right decision not giving him the managers job !

37 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I read some of Unsworths comments regarding his attitude but not heard anything from him to say Klaassen plays well

If he did say that then I really do think we made the right decision not giving him the managers job !

I thought you were one who wanted to stick with Unsworth at the time, maybe I got that wrong.

Wins praise for performance was the headline just thought I’d check and I wasn’t dreaming. 

I thought you were one who wanted to stick with Unsworth at the time, maybe I got that wrong. 

Most definitely did get that wrong!

I would have loved it to work out for him because I love his desire and passion for the club , however it was quite clear very quickly that he wasn’t ready and was in well over his head

20 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

Saw on the highlights that he came on for the last 6 minutes or so. Anyone shed on light on how he did in what little time he had on the pitch?

Only thing I could say is he gets in good positions between the midfielders, but we were seeing the game out so the players never really looked to pass to him so not much else to judge on. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, badaids said:

Bit harsh, Nolan was a good effective player on his day.  Certainly as good as Ossie, for example.

Fuckin red nose thug who nearly snapped anichebes leg in two.

Seen enough of him to realise he was a complete and utter shithouse like Charlie Adam. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bailey said:

If we do get Silva in then I dont think Klaassen will have any excuses not to play well. It would be between him and Siggy for the "Cleverly" role in my opinion and I would say Klaassen is probably that little bit more mobile.

I was thinking he might even use him as a box to box arriving late in the opposition area

30 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Yeh I think so too but I suspect I think that will also depend on whether he is deemed physical/aggressive enough to play that way.

My thoughts exsactly. Looks like he could be easily bullied and not up to the pace. I do however think he will fit in with the more attacking mentality which Silva will provide.

46 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Whenever I have watched him for us, he seems no less weaker than anyone in the team. I can actually remember more good touches than bad ones.

He simply needs a chance to prove himself before I could honestly judge him.

I think it's a bit of everything. He isn't very quick, he isn'tt particularly strong and mentally doesn't have that aggression to make up for it. The mentality thing will be linked to confidence too so if he has a manager that believes in him and gives him that confidence we might see a player that's more aggressive, half a yard quicker and that little bit stronger.

• 2 weeks later...

He is clearly a very good player but its just whether he can adapt to the demands of the league. 

It amazes me that he didnt play more games than he did, especially once we were 'safe' because you couldnt look at our midfield and say there was anyone in any form that could have kept him out of the side, even if it was only with next season in mind. 

Everything about the club last season was so short sighted though and hopefully that will change now with Brands and a new manager in place.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

He is clearly a very good player but its just whether he can adapt to the demands of the league. 

It amazes me that he didnt play more games than he did, especially once we were 'safe' because you couldnt look at our midfield and say there was anyone in any form that could have kept him out of the side, even if it was only with next season in mind. 

Everything about the club last season was so short sighted though and hopefully that will change now with Brands and a new manager in place.

Allardyce had made his mind up about him before he even met him, exactly in the same way as Koeman did with Niasse.

Hopefully given a good opportunity under different manager who wants to play football he will prove Allardyce wrong in the same way Niasse proved Koeman was no judge of a player and person.

I don't really know much about Klaassen's character, but if a player is brought in as a first team player, isn'tt played much, then loaned back out again, I can't see them having much desire or loyalty to come back. Shame really. Ajax captain, glowing reports, great stats, I can't help but feel we'd be letting a great player go. 

On the other hand, Turkish media says that Everton, Klaassen and Besiktas have agreed on terms for a 2-year long loan deal with a 20m euros optional buy-out option. Loan deal will be 1,5 million for each year, 3m in total. Klaassen will earn 2m euros for each year, 4m in total during his loan period.

Just now, Sir McGiven said:

On the other hand, Turkish media says that Everton, Klaassen and Besiktas have agreed on terms for a 2-year long loan deal with a 20m euros optional buy-out option. Loan deal will be 1,5 million for each year, 3m in total.

if he doesn't have a future here that sounds like an excellent option and price we'd be getting back.  either way it's a win for me.

Well, I support both Besiktas and Everton, so, it is also a win-win for me :) If he is going to stay at Everton, I am expecting him to shine because of his will to prove himself. If he decides to move to Besiktas, it'll be a good addition to Besiktas' squad for the next year. A huge addition.