IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

Remove, Bolassie and Coleman who won't be back til Xmas, then remove Lukaku, Barkley, Giroud and Siggurdson, who won't be here and we are down to ten players.

Bout time the club pulled it's finger out and bought a few more.

IN: Pickford Klaassen (Onyekuru) Ramirez Keane

OUT: Kone Cleverley McAleny Deulofeu

LOAN IN:

LOAN OUT: Onyekuru Galloway

YOUTH: Markelo Mathis

U-23s EXTENSIONS: Charsley Broadhead Hewelt Duffus Jones Dyson Kiersey Lavery Brammall Gray

EXTENSIONS (since January): Pennington DCL Mirallas Davies Coleman

That's a busier window than I've seen in my 5ish years as a supporter and it's barely started.

Edited by nyblue23

Remove, Bolassie and Coleman who won't be back til Xmas, then remove Lukaku, Barkley, Giroud and Siggurdson, who won't be here and we are down to ten players.

Bout time the club pulled it's finger out and bought a few more.

Exactly Bill. Koeman needs to pull his finger out.

Haven't signed anyone for a few days now!

Schneiderlin 4

Rooney 9

Sandro 7 or 19

Klassen 10

Keane 15 or 19

Mark, I actually don't mind Pickford having a high number. But that kind of outlay, he should be number 1. But if Morgan is still number 2 I'll lose my mind!

Edited by StevO

So... assuming reinvestment, who are the realistic Lukaku replacements?

Is Mauro Icardi a possibility? Inter need to sell someone, they're only in Europa (think they are anyway), and he has an awkward relationship with the fans.

Otherwise Anthony Modeste? If we go for him, I'd hope we go for another 18/19 year old wonderkid striker as well.

Thoughts/ideas?

So... assuming reinvestment, who are the realistic Lukaku replacements?

Is Mauro Icardi a possibility? Inter need to sell someone, they're only in Europa (think they are anyway), and he has an awkward relationship with the fans.

Otherwise Anthony Modeste? If we go for him, I'd hope we go for another 18/19 year old wonderkid striker as well.

Thoughts/ideas?

Sandro

Lol, ok. Then who are they going to "re-invest" the Lukaku funds on?

I'd be pretty happy if they trumped Arsenal to Thomas Lemar...

No chance, he's playing CL at Monaco why come here? Be realistic. The money is already spent on Pickford Sandro klaassen onyekuru and keane. Andre gray or the like will he signed as backup striker. Rooney played up top or in the front 3. That's it.

Pickford

Coleman keane Williams baines

Klaassen Schneiderlin Gana

Bolasie Sandro Rooney

Mirallas Barkley lookman to rotate the wide forwards. DCL and gray the centre. That's the attack I bet.

We will be signing at least 4 more players.

Rooney

Sigudersson or similar - Grey from Leicester for example.

Back up left back

Striker to replace Lukaku, who will be a proven goal scorer.

Rooney will not be able to play 30+ games

Sandro will play across the top 3

We will need a top striker to lead the line, if not Giroud then someone of similar stature. If we don't then all the signings we have made will be for naught as we wont have a striker who can get us 20+goals a season, which is what we need.

Edited by London Blue

Schneiderlin 4

Rooney 9

Sandro 7 or 19

Klassen 10

Keane 15 or 19

Mark, I actually don't mind Pickford having a high number. But that kind of outlay, he should be number 1. But if Morgan is still number 2 I'll lose my mind!

It should be-

Pickford 1

Keane 4 or 5

Klassen 7

Rooney 9

Sandro 10

Gueye 6

Bolasie 11

Schneiderlin 8

No chance, he's playing CL at Monaco why come here? Be realistic. The money is already spent on Pickford Sandro klaassen onyekuru and keane. Andre gray or the like will he signed as backup striker. Rooney played up top or in the front 3. That's it.

Yes, I agree that Lemar is not realistic (just hopeful). That said, Arsenal hope to sign Mbappe and they don't have champs either.

Phil McNulty claimed Lukaku leaving would prompt further "heavy re-investment" by Everton. That may just be a Giroud and Gray, but I hope not.

Still think Barkley is going, but Gylfi should replace him.

10 players in will be a massive mistake.

We need the positions filled tho. We don't have cover for Baines if Garbutt is not an option. We need a replacement for Lukaku, and another creative attacking player as Bolasie will be out till the new year, and we will be signing Rooney.

We need the positions filled tho. We don't have cover for Baines if Garbutt is not an option. We need a replacement for Lukaku, and another creative attacking player as Bolasie will be out till the new year, and we will be signing Rooney.

I understand the need, but as I've said for years and still maintain; massive influx of players is detrimental to the squad. 5-6 per window should be the max. It's why I said the other day, this is going to be a real test of Koemans managerial ability. We'll just have to wait and see, and I'm hoping I get proved very, very wrong.

I understand the need, but as I've said for years and still maintain; massive influx of players is detrimental to the squad. 5-6 per window should be the max. It's why I said the other day, this is going to be a real test of Koemans managerial ability. We'll just have to wait and see, and I'm hoping I get proved very, very wrong.

I agree, a big influx of players can cause disruption to a club, but we have a strong core group of players that will hopefully help the new arrivals gel. The club is good at settling players in. I agree that will be a test of Koemans management skills, but at least the majority of the signings have been done early so he has a chance to integrate them.

I agree, a big influx of players can cause disruption to a club, but we have a strong core group of players that will hopefully help the new arrivals gel. The club is good at settling players in. I agree that will be a test of Koemans management skills, but at least the majority of the signings have been done early so he has a chance to integrate them.

We had - Howard, Hibbert and Ossie gone end of last season (I think), 5 outbound in the last 2 windows (I think), Barkley and Lukaku looking to go... We've got Coleman, Jags, Baines, Mirallas, Barry who are the only ones I'd consider core group, and 2 of them will be lucky to make the bench this season. Massive changes going on, which is positive but also potentially dangerous.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying for a minute it will go wrong or that Koeman can't make it work. We've just seen so many times a club "being ambitious" by flashing cash and bringing in bodies can seriously destabilise the squad