IGNORED

Brennan Johnson

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/23/evertonin-talks-nottingham-forest-sign-teenager-brennan-johnson/

Everton are in talks with Nottingham Forest over a deal for teenage midfielder Brennan Johnson, as the club step up their search for the countrys leading young talents.

Johnson, 15, is the son of former Forest and Ipswich striker David and Everton have seen a number of bids rejected by the Championship club.

Everton want to sign the England under-16 international this season but have been told to pay around £1million, with director of football Steve Walsh now expected to enter negotiations. The deal could go to a tribunal if Everton fail to agree a fee.

• 4 years later...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/everton-and-newcastle-united-join-west-ham-in-20m-transfer-race-for-nottingham-forest-star/

I'm liking that we're being linked with young players that are hungry and that will be here a long time (if they're successful obviously), rather than players at the end of their career.

On 22/12/2021 at 08:49, Romey 1878 said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/everton-and-newcastle-united-join-west-ham-in-20m-transfer-race-for-nottingham-forest-star/

I'm liking that we're being linked with young players that are hungry and that will be here a long time (if they're successful obviously), rather than players at the end of their career.

I will second that. I think if we had taken this approach of buying high quality youngsters from day one of Moshiri' tenure - we would be in a far better position - football wise and financially. Lets hope they have leant.

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Any young player will surely pick Newcastle now over Everton 2 teams going in exactly the opposite direction to be honest I’m not sure he’ll be as good in the premier I thought he was poor against Liverpool there was far better players in that forest side. 

• 1 month later...
On 27/05/2022 at 20:22, Goodison Glory said:

How depressing reading the first post that Steve Walsh could've signed him for 1M. 

How old is he? About 20? Isn’t it about five years since Walsh left? Reckon he was probably a kid back then. Wouldn’t be worrying about that. 

7 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Can't see him moving now after Forest gaining promotion. I can't believe its 23years since Forest have been in the top division!! I fucking old did I feel when the commentator said this. 

I thought exactly the same! 🤣

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

yeah, time for him was a couple of seasons ago when playing in the Championship.

But then again Brighton have just spent a reported £40M on a 21 year old Joao Pedro from Watford and wasn't Gibbs White a similar sort of fee last year and our own Gordon £45M to warm Newcastle's bench.

Scary big fees for young talent these days - and just to keep up with your Brighton's and Forests!!!