IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

My poll came out as follows.

1) Labour

2) Plaid Gymru

3) Lib Dems

Well I'm definitely not voting Labour Corbyn needs to go and the party needs to pull away from their extreme left position.

At a guess don't think that Welsh party would have a candidate in my constituency.

So that leaves me with Lib Dem which I been championing in previous post.

So this is my party political broadcast on behalf of TTF,if you feel disenfranchised with Labour, can't stand the Tories, then join me in voting Lib Dem and take control back from the far right extremist government.

Labour: Corbyn - 'nuff said.

Liberal: Nickname 'The bronze party' because they usually come third', third will be out of reach in June.

UKIP: Farage -'nuff said

Greens: Single issue party (The North Korean Army are half-way across the channel. Sorry we can't bomb them as it will have an adverse effect on the climate.)

Monster Raving Loony Party: Possible, improvement on first four.

Now, whose left?

:D

Liberal: Nickname 'The bronze party' because they usually come third', third will be out of reach in June.

Greens: Single issue party (The North Korean Army are half-way across the channel. Sorry we can't bomb them as it will have an adverse effect on the climate.)

Now, whose left?

SNP ;)

Now, whose left?

And here is my issue with politics as a whole.

There's not one party that I can get behind and if I do, it's undone by the fact most of the influential figures are either wet or corrupt.

We need someone to step from the shadows and just be great at everything. Support everything that is morally right and protect the vulnerable. Tax the large corporate companies and use that money to support local businesses and causes. A party to be sensible with decisions on the NHS, education and International issues. Stand for what's right.

They're all selfish and blinded by their own personal gains.

I wish I understood politics enough to do something about it.

Edited by Lowensda

Corbyn trying to bring down the country, especially businesses, with his manifesto.

Increase corporation tax (models shows this actually decreases tax revenue received rather than increase it as the big companies go elsewhere - just what we need for Brexit).

Increase the minimum wage - All well and good but it will ruin small to medium sized businesses, increasing unemployment and therefore also increasing benefits.

And here is my issue with politics as a whole.

There's not one party that I can get behind and if I do, it's undone by the fact most of the influential figures are either wet or corrupt.

We need someone to step from the shadows and just be great at everything. Support everything that is morally right and protect the vulnerable. Tax the large corporate companies and use that money to support local businesses and causes. A party to be sensible with decisions on the NHS, education and International issues. Stand for what's right.

They're all selfish and blinded by their own personal gains.

I wish I understood politics enough to do something about it.

Has Congleton ever had anything other than a Tory?

Guest rusty747

I have to say, I have read more sensible opinions on this thread than I have heard from most politicians in a long time.

I think May will win big and, in the short term, it might be no bad thing. Post brexit and post 2022 election, Labour will hopefully be able to mount more of a credible opposition and post brexit common sense will start to prevail.

I have to say, I have read more sensible opinions on this thread than I have heard from most politicians in a long time.

I think May will win big and, in the short term, it might be no bad thing. Post brexit and post 2022 election, Labour will hopefully be able to mount more of a credible opposition and post brexit common sense will start to prevail.

there's nothing common about sense....

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/uk_national_debt_chart.html

Interesting to see the parallels between Conservatives and increase in national debt...

same thing in america. the "we cut taxes and reduce debt" is a farce, actually the ones that want to spend it more reduce the debt somehow, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. Not sure how the conservative we cut debt myth still exists.

Come on gents you have to be even handed, that debt relates to the GFC and without it a lot of people would have suffered (more than they already have)

Very true, it does. But nearly 8 years later, it's still rising despite the global markets stabilizing and improving.

Well you can't blame her, the BBC have form when it comes to selecting audiences.

I assume the same with ITV too? Your defence of the Tories is matched only by my hatred of them :lol:

Either way, she can't just call an election with 6 weeks possible preparation time and not debate with the other parties. Its a few hours of TV with, theoretically, the same preparation as if she was going out on the campaign trail. So why is she avoiding a public, televised debate? I think it's because she knows that's her biggest weakness so she's actively avoiding any potential slip-ups.

Very true, it does. But nearly 8 years later, it's still rising despite the global markets stabilizing and improving.

As it is in most countries with progressive governments, it's a situation not getting turned around quickly. Japan had their similar financial crisis in 1990 and they're still a basket case.

Edit: That wont stop tory governments taking the opportunity to reduce taxes and shrink services/welfare though.

Edited by Chach

Well you can't blame her, the BBC have form when it comes to selecting audiences.

So she shouldn't go on in case she's asked some difficult questions?

Plus the "left wing biased" BBC is a handy myth popularised by the majority of the media (which is firmly "right") imo. I've been in a Question Time audience and it was very balanced; had to fill in a long application form and have a phone conversation with a researcher before I was selected, there plenty of Tories there as well as few real far right fruit-loops.

As always, I'm rather a complex mix, supporting some policies and not others of every party.
LIbDem 68%

SNP 64%

Green 63%
Labour 63%

Plaid Cymru 61%

Conservative 54%
UKIP 51%
Sinn Féin 49%
Democratic Unionist: 40%
British National: 29%

you may be irish, welsh, scottish, progressive, conservative, but you sure as hell are NOT british :)

you may be irish, welsh, scottish, progressive, conservative, but you sure as hell are NOT british :)

I was down as 20% odd British and DU while having zero issues aligned with them so I left them off my list. I'm horrified that I agree with UKIP and the tories on anything, need to reassess my values :unsure:.

I was down as 20% odd British and DU while having zero issues aligned with them so I left them off my list. I'm horrified that I agree with UKIP and the tories on anything, need to reassess my values :unsure:.

I think you do at the moment your a tree hugger, come on Mike get with the program a west country resident you must have Lib Dem coursing through your veins.