General Election/UK Politics

johnh

10 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

That kind of thing is standard over here I’m guessing not so much over there?

Can never once recall a political leader speaking like that from their political platform, whatever their beliefs in private. Unprecedented I'd say.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Can never once recall a political leader speaking like that from their political platform, whatever their beliefs in private. Unprecedented I'd say.

I agree. Certainly not in this country. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, pete0 said:

This is the video referred to.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Man's a complete moron.

"I pay your salary chum, you should learn how to say thank you"

You see.... I'm not a violent person but I could happily break both my fists punching this gobshite and his followers in the grid repeatedly.... Take a pain killing shot off one of the fantastic NHS staff and go back to it immediately.

He's an absolute prick.  Non mask wearing attention seeking, privileged dickhead. 

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

If I was in charge of the private health care companies, I'd refuse to treat him out of principle. 

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

He's running at 2% of the vote in the London mayoral elections; so that's around 50,000 people thinking he's talking sense, which is a bit scary.

50,000 less votes for the Tories or other right wing parties. 

The result of my local skirmish, Conservatives always going to win around here so no surprise. Bit of a microcosm of politics at the moment though that the tories can screw up all they like and get caught with their hand in the till time after time and there's no credible opposition. Labour beaten into 4th here by the Greens (who I voted for) but personally I find the demise of the Liberals more upsetting, the party is becomming an irrelevance but historically they've been so important. Ironically their demise is largely caused by getting into bed with the tories in the coalition but the senior partner in that coalition can now do whatever the hell they like and still win. It's really fucked up and I feel totally disenfranchised, but there you go. UK 2021.

Capture.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, pete0 said:

How can they be denying it when Johnson went on TV and literally talked about letting it spread through the population?! There is actual evidence. 

• MikeO changed the title to General Election/UK Politics
8 hours ago, pete0 said:

I think it’s because of the complete apathy of the majority of voters who hang on to his every word. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Boris interview today after talking to Biden, "All the things we believe in together, democracy, human rights, the rule of law; the US and the UK stick up for those two things together." Yup.

Demonstrating the need for primary school investment.

😂

On 11/06/2021 at 07:29, MikeO said:

Yes. Most are arriving at the air station at which my brother works.

Locals are not too hot on this, though, some waking up to find their homes one side or other of a massive security fence. It's not easy when you're trapped in your home for days on end. Still, on balance, this event should benefit Cornwall and its people.

Incidentally, I wrote a letter to the editor of the New York Times asking them to please refer to Cornwall UK and not to Cornwall England.

PS - I enjoyed reading this article at the BBC website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/travel/story/20210606-cornwall-the-uks-forgotten-fifth-nation

Could Cummings bring the current government down, Boris must be wondering what the next revelation will be shared by Cummings. 
Matt Handcock is an absolute joke anyone with any backbone or self respect would resign his position, after his boss had made the comments that Boris and Cummings did about his capabilities, this Tory government is being run by a bunch of     inept chancers there’s not a decent one on the front bench, how any Tory voter can back this bunch is beyond belief, surely they most be embarrassed by them as we all are. 

OK while I accept the Libdems aren't exactly revered in these parts it's nice to see the Tories get a bloody nose finally. The ultimate safe seat, 16,000 majority turned into 8,000 deficit, you have to laugh. Also Labour's worst by-election result in the party's history, with 622 votes, crazy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57527533

40 minutes ago, MikeO said:

OK while I accept the Libdems aren't exactly revered in these parts it's nice to see the Tories get a bloody nose finally. The ultimate safe seat, 16,000 majority turned into 8,000 deficit, you have to laugh. Also Labour's worst by-election result in the party's history, with 622 votes, crazy.

We have to get rid of the Tories, as a committed Labour supporter I don’t care who takes the seats of the Tories I just want them gone, give me a LibDem, Green Party or Monster raving lunatic Party government just don’t give me another Tory government. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Labour are even more unelectable under Starmer than they were with Corbyn. He needs to fuck off. 

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Labour are even more unelectable under Starmer than they were with Corbyn. He needs to fuck off. 

Seems that way but I don't see who will realistically turn them around, I'm a big Jess Phillips fan but I don't see her getting the job anytime soon.

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Seems that way but I don't see who will realistically turn them around, I'm a big Jess Phillips fan but I don't see her getting the job anytime soon.

It would help if they actually had any policies under this idiot and also if they didn't just go along with the government on everything. Has he forgotten that they're the opposition?

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

It would help if they actually had any policies under this idiot and also if they didn't just go along with the government on everything. Has he forgotten that they're the opposition?

I literally haven't got a clue what Labour stand for at the moment.

I suppose that is maybe one step up from knowing what they stand for and not voting for them in a million years under Corbyn but it is still a mile away from an electable position.

The Labour candidate I have always most admired is Yvette Cooper. She always cuts through the bullshit and gets to the point. She should be a prominent member of the Shadow Cabinet but it appears she isn't flavour of the month with either of the last two leaders.