IGNORED

General Election/UK Politics

johnh

After having a good read into things and considering I don't want the shower of cunts we currently have in power to remain so I'll be lumping my vote on Labour, the slightly better lot of a really bad bunch tbh

Possibly the worst bunch of parties we've had for some time and sadly at the turn of such an important chapter of our nations future

As someone who has voted Tory and Labour during my lifetime (never Liberal other than in local elections), I cannot understand how anyone can vote for Corbyn and his Marxist fellow travelers and that doesn't take into account Diane Abbott. :rofl: Abstaining would be a more constructive vote.

As someone who has voted Tory and Labour during my lifetime (never Liberal other than in local elections), I cannot understand how anyone can vote for Corbyn and his Marxist fellow travelers and that doesn't take into account Diane Abbott. :rofl: Abstaining would be a more constructive vote.

How is selling the family silver better than nationalising it? How is charging people for medical problems right? Human rights, don't want them? I guess workers should just be happy they get to do the work to make the owners rich. Nevermind the poor landlords who have to look for ways to hide their unearned money in the Cayman Islands, and now can't even enjoy some relaxing fox killing.

I'm yet to see a single reason why any one can value May over Corbyn, I don't even agree with a lot of Corbyn's ideals, but May is a fucking leach, absolutely disgusting excuse for a human being. Every bastard over 40 should be ashamed of themselves if they've voted tory in the past. It's absolutely disgusting what you've done to this country. Cheers for the low wages, expensive transport, and unaffordable houses and education. Well done.

The 'National' lottery funds Canadian pensions. The railways fund the German's pockets, and our energy goes to the French. Unfuckingbelievable. Keep calm and carry on making the hour glass narrower.

Trust me I despise Abbott with a passion the woman is a neanderthal and I'm not Corbyn's biggest fan I'm very split on the man

I do believe he has the working class at the forefront of his plans and our best interests at heart it's his links and shady past judgements that let him down for me

The current regime will lay waste to the NHS and sell off what they can, May refused to rule out selling off large chunks of the NHS to America as they have already sold the data side of it off under people's noses

As said non are great at the moment it's a toss up but I certainly won't be voting for those greedy bastards currently in power

people should be voting on policies and the party in general, not the figureheads.

How is selling the family silver better than nationalising it? How is charging people for medical problems right? Human rights, don't want them? I guess workers should just be happy they get to do the work to make the owners rich. Nevermind the poor landlords who have to look for ways to hide their unearned money in the Cayman Islands, and now can't even enjoy some relaxing fox killing.

I'm yet to see a single reason why any one can value May over Corbyn, I don't even agree with a lot of Corbyn's ideals, but May is a fucking leach, absolutely disgusting excuse for a human being. Every bastard over 40 should be ashamed of themselves if they've voted tory in the past. It's absolutely disgusting what you've done to this country. Cheers for the low wages, expensive transport, and unaffordable houses and education. Well done.

The 'National' lottery funds Canadian pensions. The railways fund the German's pockets, and our energy goes to the French. Unfuckingbelievable. Keep calm and carry on making the hour glass narrower.

Spot on.

Current edition of Private Eye.

Me and My Spoon. (Diane Abbott)

Q. How many spoons would you say were appropriate for the ordinary hard-working family?

A. Well, we estimate a figure of 74,603 .....as a rough estimate.

Q. What would be the cost of almost 75,000 spoons per average household?

A. At the average price of, say, 3 pounds 76p per spoon, the total cost would come to about 18 pounds 62p.

Labour were the ones that brought in prescription charges and dental charges.

Workers make the owners rich? Surely that's the whole point or are you suggesting that the people taking the risk to set up businesses and employing people shouldn't see any of the benefit of doing so?

Again landlords who have earnt their money and invested it in property? What is wrong with that? I doubt you will find many landlords with money in the Cayman Islands.

Even the evidence behind fox hunting is very 50/50. It's not for me but I'm guessing the problems foxes cause aren't a problem for you other than one rummaging through your bins every other week.

Labour also brought in tuition fees (again which I don't believe is a bad thing) and if Corbyn gets his way you won't have a job to go to but at least you can pick up more on benefits.

I agree though, May is a leech. Can't stand her, don't like her wishy washy manifesto either.

Corbyn is a different kettle of fish though. Trying to rewrite history as a man of peace, commies at his sides and then creates a completely unaffordable manifesto trying to push out and destroy all business on the eve of Brexit whilst then claiming that corporation tax increases will pay for all of his great ideas.

The Lib Dems aren't much better either with a leader that doesn't support gay marriage (not really very liberal), UKIP are a farce and the Greens live on cloud cuckoo land. I think I will abstain!

If you vote Tory (unless you're rich enough to go private or have BUPA or similar insurance) pray you never get ill.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/health-and-care/nhs/news/85851/missed-nhs-waiting-times-targets-hit-%E2%80%98five-year-high%E2%80%99

As Palfy said below, the problem isn't money, it's just a complete mismanagement. Welfare officers and Chaplin on £35k +. I have a friend in a management role in the NHS (despite no medical qualification or previous experience there) roughly 5 years out of Uni on £100k (via an agency who also get their cut) who at times can't even explain to me what she does. 4 days a week and gets the additional bonus of setting herself up as a business so she can make the most of her tax situation too.

The NHS needs to come out of governments hands and into those of the experienced and successful practitioners focusing on quality and patient care. It's exactly the same with the Police too, I have another friend there who does a similar thing but earning even more money. Makes me sick, but fair play to them it's good work if you can get it!

The Lib Dems aren't much better either with a leader that doesn't support gay marriage (not really very liberal),

Even though in his private life he's apparently a devout christian and wouldn't support gay marriage, his voting record does show good support for LGBT rights and he has repeatedly spoken in favour of equal rights. That's actually really very liberal of him.

I'm beginning to think that a Labour Lib Dem coalition could be the best way forward, if the Tories win by a landslide then everyone who voted for them deserve the massive amount of shit coming there way.

In the same way as Americans who voted for Trump I have no sympathy for them, they voted for a cock and they got a cock, so if you vote for May your voting for a liar and someone with no conviction in her believes, who changes more than the weather.

1) £8.40, hardly compares to what a fully privatised medical system will charge you.

Workers make the owners rich? Surely that's the whole point or are you suggesting that the people taking the risk to set up businesses and employing people shouldn't see any of the benefit of doing so?

2) no there should be give and take. Company's used to look after their workers and stronger unions ensured that. Company's should make everyone one prosper not just those at the top. Asda make billions yet pay minimum wage. The country is disgrace for not redistributing the wealth, and even worse letting the money leave the country.

There's very little risk in big business, look at the banks we bailed then. Look at Phillip Green, his company went bankrupt and fucked over all the staff yet he's still a billionaire and never paid into the British pot.

Again landlords who have earnt their money and invested it in property? What is wrong with that? I doubt you will find many landlords with money in the Cayman Islands.

3)Earnt it? Taken advantage of rising prices (because of the lack of government housing) more like it. Homes should be homes, not investment plans. Half the new builds in Manchester are owned by the Chinese and Russians. Not even advertised as apartments there marketed as high yielding buy to lets. How can you say someone who bought a house for day £25k and rents it out for £600 a month is justifiable. Add to the mix the young are now on less wages and have to pay 5x as much to buy a property. Thanks a fucking lot.

Look at half a Parliament, were to they declare the portfolio? Sorry it might be Panama, used to be Switzerland.

Even the evidence behind fox hunting is very 50/50. It's not for me but I'm guessing the problems foxes cause aren't a problem for you other than one rummaging through your bins every other week.

4) using the same logic the generation before me made some terrible decisions and have made the world a worse place to live. Can I just go round and kill them?

Labour also brought in tuition fees (again which I don't believe is a bad thing) and if Corbyn gets his way you won't have a job to go to but at least you can pick up more on benefits.

5) I don't get what your point is here, or how one is related to the other?

I agree though, May is a leech. Can't stand her, don't like her wishy washy manifesto either.

Corbyn is a different kettle of fish though. Trying to rewrite history as a man of peace, commies at his sides and then creates a completely unaffordable manifesto trying to push out and destroy all business on the eve of Brexit whilst then claiming that corporation tax increases will pay for all of his great ideas.

6) it's costed so I wouldn't say unaffordable. Businesses since the recession have took workers for a ride. The economy is booming on paper, just not shared equally.

The Lib Dems aren't much better either with a leader that doesn't support gay marriage (not really very liberal), UKIP are a farce and the Greens live on cloud cuckoo land. I think I will abstain!

7) Abstaining would essentially be a vote tory. Surely it can't be that difficult for anyone to pick any of the others over May. You don't have to agree with every policy, take the picture as a whole and pick what's best for the future.

As Palfy said below, the problem isn't money, it's just a complete mismanagement. Welfare officers and Chaplin on £35k +. I have a friend in a management role in the NHS (despite no medical qualification or previous experience there) roughly 5 years out of Uni on £100k (via an agency who also get their cut) who at times can't even explain to me what she does. 4 days a week and gets the additional bonus of setting herself up as a business so she can make the most of her tax situation too.

The NHS needs to come out of governments hands and into those of the experienced and successful practitioners focusing on quality and patient care. It's exactly the same with the Police too, I have another friend there who does a similar thing but earning even more money. Makes me sick, but fair play to them it's good work if you can get it!

The agency's will be owned by someone who gives famours to the government. Should get rid of the leeches and run everything in house. Hire the experts if need be, but put them on the books.

Prescription charges were first introduced in 1952 by a Tory government. In 1961 they doubled the fee.

In 1965 Labour abolished them but brought them back in in 1968 (which is presumably what you're referring to) but with a much wider range of people exempt from paying.

What does it really matter who introduced charges for prescriptions first, it's still better than a family having to pay something like 30% of their income on private health care, as in America and Canada.

Was just pointing out a factual inaccuracy :unsure:.

1) £8.40, hardly compares to what a fully privatised medical system will charge you.

2) no there should be give and take. Company's used to look after their workers and stronger unions ensured that. Company's should make everyone one prosper not just those at the top. Asda make billions yet pay minimum wage. The country is disgrace for not redistributing the wealth, and even worse letting the money leave the country.

There's very little risk in big business, look at the banks we bailed then. Look at Phillip Green, his company went bankrupt and fucked over all the staff yet he's still a billionaire and never paid into the British pot.

3)Earnt it? Taken advantage of rising prices (because of the lack of government housing) more like it. Homes should be homes, not investment plans. Half the new builds in Manchester are owned by the Chinese and Russians. Not even advertised as apartments there marketed as high yielding buy to lets. How can you say someone who bought a house for day £25k and rents it out for £600 a month is justifiable. Add to the mix the young are now on less wages and have to pay 5x as much to buy a property. Thanks a fucking lot.

Look at half a Parliament, were to they declare the portfolio? Sorry it might be Panama, used to be Switzerland.

4) using the same logic the generation before me made some terrible decisions and have made the world a worse place to live. Can I just go round and kill them?

5) I don't get what your point is here, or how one is related to the other?

6) it's costed so I wouldn't say unaffordable. Businesses since the recession have took workers for a ride. The economy is booming on paper, just not shared equally.

7) Abstaining would essentially be a vote tory. Surely it can't be that difficult for anyone to pick any of the others over May. You don't have to agree with every policy, take the picture as a whole and pick what's best for the future.

1. The tories haven't privatised the NHS and you will find that labour's record of privatisation is just as bad. And yes Mike, brought back prescription charges if you want to be pedantic ;)

2. Why shouldn't shelf stacker and check out helpers get more than minimum wage? A trained monkey could do the job. In fact machines are making their job redundant anyway.

Redistribute the wealth to people who can't create it (ie the vulnerable/disabled/elderly etc) but not to those that can't be bothered or repeatedly show no effort to better themselves.

The unrestrictive of bankers (labour again) was irresponsible but business does a lot of good. Capitalism has shown to be the best route out of poverty throughout history.

3. The housing market is like any other market. If you can afford it you buy more or better housing. If you can't afford to buy, you either sit and save where you can or you rent.

4. That's not the same logic at all.

5. You mentioned about the cost of education as a bad thing.

6. It's not costed in anyway shape or form. It's costed in the same way as me writing down my spending plans for the year on the back of a fag packet predicting a 200% pay rise with no market forces. Please don't believe that their manifesto is fully costed and use that as part of your decision.

7. Fundamentally the Tories are the ones that support my views the most but there are lots of things I don't like. There are a few labour policies and politicians I like but there are far more I detest.

You vote if you believe in something and I don't believe that any of the political parties are good for the UK.

3 things we learnt last night from the tv Q&A:

1 - Jeremy Paxton is a loud mouth bellend who wont let anyone finish a sentence, mainly Corbyn.

2 - Theresa May is shambolic and doesn't know her arse from her elbow, nevermind her parties policies. couldn't answer a question properly or truthfully, the man shaking his head saying "that's bollocks" sums it all up, see got laughed AT 7 times during her questions.

3 - even when Paxton did his best to try and destroy Corbyn, he stood strong, answered the questions and showed he is strong enough to lead this country.

3 things we learnt last night from the tv Q&A:

1 - Jeremy Paxton is a loud mouth bellend who wont let anyone finish a sentence, mainly Corbyn.

2 - Theresa May is shambolic and doesn't know her arse from her elbow, nevermind her parties policies. couldn't answer a question properly or truthfully, the man shaking his head saying "that's bollocks" sums it all up, see got laughed AT 7 times during her questions.

3 - even when Paxton did his best to try and destroy Corbyn, he stood strong, answered the questions and showed he is strong enough to lead this country.

One thing Aaron didn't learn from last night's Q&A:

The interviewer is called Jeremy Paxman :P.

The fact is this... corbyn has integrity on his side. When you have nothing to hide it's easier to handle a grilling.

Why wasn't may asked about the sale of weapons to Saudi?

We live in a country of paid media... we are no better than the USA for propaganda. And the Tories stink of it. Murdoch has his grubby fingers all over the elections and it's a joke.

He is like the villain on the bond movie - tomorrow never dies.