IGNORED

Henry Onyekuru

You shouldn't be saying things like that Joe, everybody keeps telling us it's a done deal.

I think this one is pretty certain. .

Bill, I don't know that we're coming at this from the same direction. I'm not fatalistically resigned to believing that Everton will keep fucking up. I think it's a possibility (like there are many possibilities for who we will sign). I won't claim to know. For all I know, the journo apparently quoting a club representative, could be talking out of his ass; or, the quote could be genuine, but it's just smoke and mirrors for them to get more time to get the best deal for them possible. There are a lot of possibilities here. I'm optimistic. But, I just don't trust much in the press when it comes to transfers. It's all "sources say" at this point. And, said sources are often off-base.

So, I'm optimistic, hopeful and even excited. But, I won't believe anything is set in stone until we see him putting pen to paper.

Bill, I don't know that we're coming at this from the same direction. I'm not fatalistically resigned to believing that Everton will keep fucking up. I think it's a possibility (like there are many possibilities for who we will sign). I won't claim to know. For all I know, the journo apparently quoting a club representative, could be talking out of his ass; or, the quote could be genuine, but it's just smoke and mirrors for them to get more time to get the best deal for them possible. There are a lot of possibilities here. I'm optimistic. But, I just don't trust much in the press when it comes to transfers. It's all "sources say" at this point. And, said sources are often off-base.

So, I'm optimistic, hopeful and even excited. But, I won't believe anything is set in stone until we see him putting pen to paper.

ESPN and BBC reporting it seems a goer to me.

Wooooohoooooo!

brb... heading to Twitter for the WHam and Arsenal supporter meltdowns....

A bit confused by all the hype. How good can he be when at the age of 20 he's still being loaned to a team in one of the smaller European leagues to continue his development...

http://beta.goal.com/en-gb/news/who-is-henry-onyekuru-the-prolific-arsenal-target-whos/mgoow5ke83hk1g24wcreuy1cr

A 20-year-old forward, Onyekuru only won his first cap for Nigeria in a 3-0 friendly win over Togo at the beginning of June but has lit up the Belgian top flight in the 2016-17 season at Eupen, scoring an impressive 24 goals and contributing nine assists in 41 games across all competitions.

Edited by Peter H

Has this been confirmed by the club yet? Confused why its moved from the rumours thread to general.

read the echo article posted earlier, the lad was so excited he signed for us he posted to his twitter or instagram the picture of him in front of our crest when he was signing BEFORE the team announced it.

Edited by markjazzbassist