IGNORED

Moussa Dembele (the striker)

I think he would do fine. I don't expect him to be a 20 goal guy but there's more to a striker being successful than just his own work in front of goal.

It's really unfair on the rest of our team when pundits and reporters keep bleating about how dependent we are on Lukaku to score. The rest of the team works it's socks off to create the chances that Lukaku puts away.

Sure, Dembele may or may not be as good but we sure as hell will give him plenty of opportunities to score.

I must say the amount of pundits and journo's who seem to be criticising what we are doing is starting to become slightly annoying, especially when you have the likes of Chelsea and the RS doing fuck all so far.

Chelsea and Liverpool are the two worst teams in the league when it comes to tapping up and flouting the rules and regulations. Time and again they both get caught yet time and again they both get a slap on the wrist.

Seriously, being caught tapping up VVD should be enough to warrant a 12 month transfer ban.

Given that Liverpool are alread in trouble over that kid from Stoke, pretty obvious the only reason they pulled out of the VVD transfer and apologised was they would have been up the creek without a paddle had they gone any further with it. Some sort of ban would have had to have been put on them. I still think Southampton should have taken it further but they accepted that statement for some reason.

I really like Dembele, think he's got great potential. If it were a straight decision between Dembele and Iheanacho (who is available for £25m, so City say - http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/manchester-city-name-price-favour-striker/),i'd take the latter everyday of the week. Proven in this league and has natural qualities to really succeed.

Would certainly take Demebele but not over £25m, if Iheanacho is available for that.

This for me also

Inhenacho every day over Demebele, sadly I think we'll miss a trick and he'll end up at a shite stain club like West Ham

Surely not- he's far too good for them.

Well you would think so, but down here it's mostly fans of London clubs where i live on the south coast as it's only 40 mins away on the train, lot's of Arsenal. Chelsea and West Ham. Not many Brighton fans here even though that's only 10 mins up the road, they hide themselves away and just come alive at weekends

He's meant to be good...but I'm not sure how a player can go from Fulham for £400k, spend 12 months in Scotland, a piss poor league, and end up being worth £30mill???

C'mon now.

he was 19 at fulham and very good, but he was 19 dude, a child. went to celtic and had 17 goals in 29 apps and scored a brace against Man city in the champs league. people poo poo klaassen for not showing up against united, this lad SHOWED UP against city. 3-3 result and he scored 2 of the goals. he's still very young just 20 but scores at will and with the right players and team to grow around could be excellent.

I thought he went to Celtic on a free when his contract finished, a lot of big clubs was after him at that point. Even last January Chelsea was linked with him.

Yes he did sign for a development fee when his contract ended at Fulham.

£30million is a lot for someone from Scottish league who may not deliver consistently at a higher level but he is only 20.

I think there will be better options out there, and it may just be agent talk as he wants to leave and we will be in the market for a new striker if Rom leaves.

Inhenacho is a similar age has proven he can score in the premiership and is supposedly cheaper.

Honestly, I did search for a thread (thought I remembered there being one), but couldn't locate it.

we had one but was called the French one or something similar so no slap on the wrist this time.

Next time though :shaking fist:

:P

we had one but was called the French one or something similar so no slap on the wrist this time.

Next time though :shaking fist:

:P

I swear there's things we commoners can't see when it comes to the search function. As an academic, I take my ability to navigate a database seriously. I refuse to admit I failed!!!

Well you would think so, but down here it's mostly fans of London clubs where i live on the south coast as it's only 40 mins away on the train, lot's of Arsenal. Chelsea and West Ham. Not many Brighton fans here even though that's only 10 mins up the road, they hide themselves away and just come alive at weekends

Where are you from?

he was 19 at fulham and very good, but he was 19 dude, a child. went to celtic and had 17 goals in 29 apps and scored a brace against Man city in the champs league. people poo poo klaassen for not showing up against united, this lad SHOWED UP against city. 3-3 result and he scored 2 of the goals. he's still very young just 20 but scores at will and with the right players and team to grow around could be excellent.

This is where you lose me Mark. You really lose me as a Toffee Talk pal.

So your justification for his £400k to £30mill price tag after 12 months in a shit league is that he turned up against City?! Your rationale is so flawed!

I'm not saying he'll be bad, but no way can we spend £30million on him. No way. There's no sane argument for that. If the only comeback is 2 goals against City and one season in Scotland...c'mon now.

If he is a £30mill striker...he should have scored double what he has up in Scotland.

Worth a punt maybe, but not at that price.

Kenny Miller has a good record in Scotland. Not so much in the EPL.

The search function is rubbish if you're on a phone- same as that stupid "you must wait 30 seconds before you post again message" highly annoying again when using your phone as you can't multi quote :shaking fist:

This is my problem, I'm willing to bet. I also hate the "30-second rule," but I only ever come up against it on match days.

This is where you lose me Mark. You really lose me as a Toffee Talk pal.

So your justification for his £400k to £30mill price tag after 12 months in a shit league is that he turned up against City?! Your rationale is so flawed!

I'm not saying he'll be bad, but no way can we spend £30million on him. No way. There's no sane argument for that. If the only comeback is 2 goals against City and one season in Scotland...c'mon now.

If he is a £30mill striker...he should have scored double what he has up in Scotland.

Worth a punt maybe, but not at that price.

Kenny Miller has a good record in Scotland. Not so much in the EPL.

you're missing that he's 20 years old, he's still growing. he's not 27, if he was sure then he should have scored double but he's a kid and still tearing it up. Virgil Van dijk played for them, same with Victor Wanyama and Fraser Forster. All very good players. kenny miller wasn't 20 and scoring that much.

Edited by markjazzbassist