IGNORED

Theo Walcott

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

Bit harsh on Iwobi to say he has never made it! 

Gordon has only shown very limited promise in the league. 

I mean, it is also Carlo's approach. 

Iwobi for me doesn’t do it in wide area’s but as soon as he comes in field in and around the area he suddenly comes to life, and he looks a different player very dangerous in a central area and ineffective out wide. 

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

Bit harsh on Iwobi to say he has never made it! 

Gordon has only shown very limited promise in the league. 

I mean, it is also Carlo's approach. 

Regardless of it being Carlos approach, Gordon is still impressing me a whole lot more than Iwobi.... who is also u see the Carlo approach.

Iwobi was never a regular at Arsenal. He isn’t here. He just hasn’t impressed me at all. If we sold him tomorrow, I would breath a sigh of relief. I just do t think he’s anywhere near the standard that Carlo wants, hence his bit parts.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Regardless of it being Carlos approach, Gordon is still impressing me a whole lot more than Iwobi.... who is also u see the Carlo approach.

Iwobi was never a regular at Arsenal. He isn’t here. He just hasn’t impressed me at all. If we sold him tomorrow, I would breath a sigh of relief. I just do t think he’s anywhere near the standard that Carlo wants, hence his bit parts.

The same for me. I think I must have missed the games where he impressed coming inside, because I just don’t see it. But then I can’t remember the last time I missed an Everton game. 
He was impressive in his first few games for us and then nothing until Fleetwood the other week. 

6 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I can only imagine he's probably not happy playing a bit part. I think part of the reason he came here in the first place was to be a first-teamer. I would say it's time to move him on, but then we'd have to replace him with someone to act as cover. 

We won't miss him.  Nice lad but one of the reasons our side was so weak in spirit and technical ability. 

41 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I can only imagine he's probably not happy playing a bit part. I think part of the reason he came here in the first place was to be a first-teamer. I would say it's time to move him on, but then we'd have to replace him with someone to act as cover. 

Then he shouldve done better. Before we upgraded across the pitch 

SAINTS KEEN ON WALCOTT RETURN

Southampton are interested in Everton forward Theo Walcott

The former England international left Saints to join Arsenal for £12m in January 2006 having made 21 leagues appearances as a 16-year-old during the first half of the 2005/06 season.

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Hopefully if he does go it's on a permanent and we bring some money in.

I've got TalkSport on in the background here and they've just said that it's just a loan being discussed at the moment, although that would take him to the end of his contract so not that useful to us (unless we're happy to let him go on a free and just clear up his wages?). 

Would he surprised if it's anything but a cash transfer to be honest. 

Yeah, sounds like he is going to Southampton. 

he is on big money so would be good to just get him off the wage. The way I am looking at things - everybody's value seems to have gone down, so we are maybe benefiting on players we are buying, so have to expect missing out on a few quid with players we are looking to move on. Its a bit of a buyers market this summer.

I can't see us getting any fees for either Walcott, Bolasie, Besic or Sandro. I think they just need moving on for free to help close the book on this chapter of the club.   

We have perhaps saved - £10-£15M on the transfer fee for the player we have brought in (for what we might have paid pre covid prices). We wouldn't have got much more for these four players combined - so not losing out if you think of it that way. 

If these moved on and another striker and keeper did come on loan - It would be the best transfer window ever.

49 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

50% wages we are paying ...

that just shows how much we have been over paying him. :(

We and everybody in football knows a few years ago we where paying inflated transfer fees and wages and its costs us a lot of money. The sooner the better these players are off the books the better, just to get some closure on this period.