IGNORED

Theo Walcott

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

I’d see the wing spots as sorted for the next 18months (at least) with Bolasie and Walcott then Lookman and Vlasic waiting in the wings. We don’t have enough shots in games - a player like Walcott will see us create a lot more chances and get a lot more free kicks in the attacking 3rd in my opinion - this will bring more goals.

I think he’ll surprise a few if or when it happens.

I dont think he would create more chances for us in Lennon if played in the same role.

Somehow Lennon has created 4 chances from his right wing back position this season, yet Walcott who played quite regularly last season for Arsenal created 13. In fact a good comparison is the 2015/16 season where they played roughly the same amount of minutes (roughly 2 games more for Lennon) but Lennon created 23 chances and Walcott 17 with both scoring the same amount of goals.

Walcott will add more of a goal threat (he scored 10 in that period) but he will provide less defensive cover. 

Interestingly whoscored.com has this about Walcott:

image.png.3d2ea58ca8850159b68d622f5a352b73.png

and this about Lennon:

image.png.641469b6fccf8376d7dc1d4f2b2fe181.png

The key to whether Walcott will be a success will depend on how many times we can get the ball to him inside the box because he offers little else.

‘Counter attack threat’ - there’s the reason we want him. It’s what Walsh and Shakespeare know - with Allardyce’s ability to set a solid team up it seems obvious that this is the way we’re going. Walcott and Bolasie can both run long distances with the ball at pace - hopefully Tosun has the legs/lungs to join these attacks.

10 hours ago, c1982 said:

This article confirms to me that Walcott is close - reading between the lines obviously...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2018/01/12/boss-tips-young-pair-for-big-everton-futures

`Is that what Everton Football Club wants at the moment: playing five, six or seven young players [together], which leaves you more open to not getting the result because of a lack of experience in the side?`

Well... At the moment, why not? We literally have nothing to play for this season. The likes of Lookman and Vlasic will only get better from playing regularly in the Prem. Walcott was playing game in, game out at 20. You'll never see how good Lookman and Vlasic could be without giving them a chance. 

We'd be wasting money on Walcott. I can't believe we still haven't been linked with a CB. 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Sounds like he's made his mind up on Klaassen. But the willingness to keep throwing money around with no indication of a long term plan scares the shit out of me

I dont think he would create more chances for us in Lennon if played in the same role.
Somehow Lennon has created 4 chances from his right wing back position this season, yet Walcott who played quite regularly last season for Arsenal created 13. In fact a good comparison is the 2015/16 season where they played roughly the same amount of minutes (roughly 2 games more for Lennon) but Lennon created 23 chances and Walcott 17 with both scoring the same amount of goals.
Walcott will add more of a goal threat (he scored 10 in that period) but he will provide less defensive cover. 

and this about Lennon:
The key to whether Walcott will be a success will depend on how many times we can get the ball to him inside the box because he offers little else.

Lennon hasn’t been playing right wing back

7 minutes ago, Makis said:

That sounded more like speculation from the reporter.

'Allardyce confirmed he also wanted to sell this month and that the £23.6m summer signing Davy Klaassen could follow Ross Barkley and Kevin Mirallas out of the club' 

It's worded as something Allardyce has said - he confirmed that Davy Klaassen could follow Ross Barkley and Kevin Mirallas out of the club. 

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

and this about Lennon:

I believe those strengths and weaknesses are cumulative to the stats from season we are in. 

I'm not trying to justify Walcott can do some of those things well, as he is a very similar player to Lennon. However, he can do something that Lennon Can't, which is consistently score goals.

5 hours ago, c1982 said:

‘Counter attack threat’ - there’s the reason we want him. It’s what Walsh and Shakespeare know - with Allardyce’s ability to set a solid team up it seems obvious that this is the way we’re going. Walcott and Bolasie can both run long distances with the ball at pace - hopefully Tosun has the legs/lungs to join these attacks.

The same counter attack threat that Walcott has, Lennon has. Ie dribble ability and pace. The only difference is that Walcott can score, but as I showed from the other season, there isn't much in bar the benefit that Walcott is a couple years younger.

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Lennon hasn’t been playing right wing back

Given how much defending he has had to do he has been playing as one. He might be expected to play as a right winger but he has only been sitting just ahead of Kenny so he might as well be a RWB as he certainly isn't being played as a winger!

2 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

I believe those strengths and weaknesses are cumulative to the stats from season we are in. 

I'm not trying to justify Walcott can do some of those things well, as he is a very similar player to Lennon. However, he can do something that Lennon Can't, which is consistently score goals.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

His finishing is Henry-esque at times. Not many players you'd back one on one in this team. Whereas you would Walcott all day. 

And that' why I added the last comment about the key to his signing being a success. 

In my opinion we need a wide player that can help us get into the final third rather than someone that comes alive in the box. We need a footballer and not a finisher in that position. 

Don't get me wrong, having him off the bench to get a goal is far better than having to use Niasse or DCL. 

I will also add that if he plays 442 with Cenk and Tosun I could see him doing well but I think he is a waste of a signing if he is played as a winger.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

And that' why I added the last comment about the key to his signing being a success. 

In my opinion we need a wide player that can help us get into the final third rather than someone that comes alive in the box. We need a footballer and not a finisher in that position. 

Don't get me wrong, having him off the bench to get a goal is far better than having to use Niasse or DCL. 

I will also add that if he plays 442 with Cenk and Tosun I could see him doing well but I think he is a waste of a signing if he is played as a winger.

I doubt he will come to sit on the bench. I hope he does come I think he will add to the team.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

The same counter attack threat that Walcott has, Lennon has. Ie dribble ability and pace. The only difference is that Walcott can score, but as I showed from the other season, there isn'tt much in bar the benefit that Walcott is a couple years younger.

Stats only show so much but by watching the pair, Walcott is a much better player. More dynamic with much better link-up ability. I like Lennon and think he’s a decent player at this level and wins hands down defensively but Walcott is an upgrade on him (and Mirallas and Geri) in my opinion.

Wallcott has not improved since he was 18, he can not get in Arsenals 2nd team, injury prone as well.

Nothing there that would improve us, needs 20 good chances to convert one, also would prevent the education of our younger players by taking up a place in the team.

I have no positives on this, if we wanted a 100mtr runner maybe when fit, but a player to improve us no.

50 minutes ago, seve said:

Wallcott has not improved since he was 18, he can not get in Arsenals 2nd team, injury prone as well.

Nothing there that would improve us, needs 20 good chances to convert one, also would prevent the education of our younger players by taking up a place in the team.

I have no positives on this, if we wanted a 100mtr runner maybe when fit, but a player to improve us no.

He played two out of three league games last year scoring 10 and getting 3 assists. Don't know why he's fallen down the pecking order this year but there's definitely an accomplished player in there. 

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

He played two out of three league games last year scoring 10 and getting 3 assists. Don't know why he's fallen down the pecking order this year but there's definitely an accomplished player in there. 

He is 28 and people are still looking for a player, its not there.

Injury troubles are his/our biggest worry but I've always thought Arsenal manage injured players badly ala Wilshire 

For a player who's predominantly played as part of a front three or out wide alongside some fantastic forwards his return and assist rate isn'tt to be sniffed at many of which were off the bench 

One of the quickest players in the league who does have an end product will hopefully have a point to prove and has captained his side at times is a snip at £20m in today's world 

Apps (Subs) Goals 

2017/2018

Arsenal 5(5)0

2016/2017

Arsenal 28(5)10

2015/2016

Arsenal 28(13)5

2014/2015

Arsenal 14(10)5

2013/2014

Arsenal 13(4)5

2012/2013

Arsenal 32(8)14

He’s probably all we could attract right now tbh. And he’s certainly better than Bolasie, who is still the poor player he was before his injury. 

Don’t want him here but Lookman and Vlasic aren’t getting a look in, and he pisses all over the hapless Bolasie and the completely useless Sigurdsson, so just get it done. 

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

We’ve not had a shot on target since 1986 and people are turning their noses up. We’re fucking shite and I’ll be astonished if he decides to come here.

I think this is more the issue Pad, would he actually want to come to this pile of shit?

I would love to have him, but not sure if he would want to be part of this mess.