IGNORED

Diego Costa

Koeman may be courting him publicly but there is no way he'll come here- I don't want him if it's just until January either- why should we keep him fit for Athletico only for us to be left in the lurch.

Because his goals could get us an extra 10 points or more by then and it buys us time to get a permanent signing in

Koeman may be courting him publicly but there is no way he'll come here- I don't want him if it's just until January either- why should we keep him fit for Athletico only for us to be left in the lurch.

This would be one of my concerns.

Not so much keeping him fit for someone else, so to speak, but how long would we really have him for fully fit?

Say if...and it's a massive IF, he came on 31st August, with him having isolated himself in Brazil and only really training with his pals, how long before he's 'training fit', never mind fully effective match fit?

I'm not sure an until January deal is good for us.

I'm actually beginning to believe this may happen. He simply can't stay at Chelsea - it's gone too far. He only wants to go to Atletico and the fact that he can't play until January doesn't seem to be an issue - should be straightforward but Chelsea and Atletico/Costa don't seem to be able to agree anything at this point... do Atletico actually want him? If this doesn't happen then we're one of a few realistic options. He's already ruled out China with the World Cup coming up.

It'd have to be a loan deal as Costa wouldn't choose to join us but he'd have to give his all for his own benefit of going to the World Cup next summer which is what his main goal will be. He'll only get into that Spain squad if he's at the top of his gain - that will benefit whoever he ends up playing for.

1982 makes a really good point do Atletico want him now, he may only have eyes for one club but they maybe thinking we don't want to risk that he comes back here and throws his dummy out the pram when something doesn't go his way.

Who ever takes him now would be advised to build certain clauses in his contract, to cover them selves.

This would be absolutely pointless. He's going to take ages to get fit, so if he'll be gone in January anyway then why bother?

Yep and leaves us double fucked in January having to pay even more for his replacement as any club selling to us would know we were desperate to replace him.

Probably but it's always good to show that interest/ maybe lay some of the foundations behind the scenes if it doesn't happen with them. He's better than we'd realistically get otherwise.

He's already said he's quite happy to sit out the rest of his contract (two years) if he doesn't get the move he wants, which is obviously Atletico.

I just don't really see this happening or if it does it even being favourable to us.

He's already said he's quite happy to sit out the rest of his contract (two years) if he doesn't get the move he wants, which is obviously Atletico.

I just don't really see this happening or if it does it even being favourable to us.

He also said he wouldn't go to China with the World Cup looming as it's not a high enough level.

I just can't see him sitting out in limbo if Atletico doesn't happen - stranger things have happened though.

I read somewhere that his wage is £125 - £150k a week. Probs right on the upper limit of our structure. However, I doubt we'd pay this full amount if we took him on loan.

I also don't think he's really going to sit out for 2 years and totally fuck his career up. He'll not get a penny and will probs get sued by Chelsea.

He's thrown a big fat ugly man sulk of epic proportions. Not doing himself many favours and I doubt Atletico have the structure to pay him his full wages, so he's going to have to climb down somewhere.