IGNORED

Diego Costa

Six months from the end of the current window is March? Surely, it would be until the end of the season. If he left in January then it would be a complete waste.

That's a good point- if it was true and he would only be on loan for 4 months. Absolutely crazy if we agree to this.

Fookin get in.

He's got scores to settle in the prem. He can teach a few of our players the dark arts of combative football.

He is ideal for Everton and will love us more in 6 months than he ever did for Chelsea

This 100%

I was in the camp of all season or not at all but actually just having him as an option - especially over a busy Christmas period - I'm all for this.

Koeman can't handle Mirallas?! Brilliant! It's okay not to rate Koeman but this is clutching at straws!

In what way exactly? Mirallas is a primadonna, but Costa is a whole other level. Koeman has historically just cut players out of the squad that have caused trouble and now we might be bringing in arguably one of the most difficult characters in the game. Getting the best out of him is going to be even more difficult as he is currently unfit and wont give a shit as he is only here for a few months.

So what straw exactly am I clutching at?

In what way exactly? Mirallas is a primadonna, but Costa is a whole other level. Koeman has historically just cut players out of the squad that have caused trouble and now we might be bringing in arguably one of the most difficult characters in the game. Getting the best out of him is going to be even more difficult as he is currently unfit and wont give a shit as he is only here for a few months.

So what straw exactly am I clutching at?

Mirallas is an average player who's been dropped for 2 games (it may be longer term but neither of us know yet) but please do share these other examples.

Mirallas is an average player who's been dropped for 2 games (it may be longer term but neither of us know yet) but please do share these other examples.

Costa is a far better player but he will want his own way, history has shown that.

Here is a quick extract - I was reading up about him during the summer so I could find more about him and there are a couple more instances but not sure where they came from now:

"Nor is it just the tactics. Koeman lost much of a divided dressing room when he lacked the personality to stand up to Juan Soler's demands to sack the Valencia Three, ending up in court and with Vicente, Silva and Villa looking for a way to leave. He lost Joaquín when he dropped him from the squad for arriving two minutes late to a team-talk, even though he had included Ever Banega, who'd been picked up by the police for drink-driving, prompting the winger to snipe: "Maybe next time I'll get pissed and run a red light instead." And he lost Iván Helguera and more when he publicly berated the players for not being good enough, prompting Helguera to bemoan a "lack of respect". "I don't know if I have the squad behind me," shrugged Koeman, "but I reckon four or five of them are on my side.""

I don't see this as true.

I also think that such a short term loan is no good. As I've said previously...its just how long it will take him to get going. He needs a full 'pre season' plus games. We've seen how much off the pace Sigurdsson is...and he trained properly in pre season!!!

For the rest of the season...yes. a few months? No.

Costa is a far better player but he will want his own way, history has shown that.

Here is a quick extract - I was reading up about him during the summer so I could find more about him and there are a couple more instances but not sure where they came from now:

"Nor is it just the tactics. Koeman lost much of a divided dressing room when he lacked the personality to stand up to Juan Soler's demands to sack the Valencia Three, ending up in court and with Vicente, Silva and Villa looking for a way to leave. He lost Joaquín when he dropped him from the squad for arriving two minutes late to a team-talk, even though he had included Ever Banega, who'd been picked up by the police for drink-driving, prompting the winger to snipe: "Maybe next time I'll get pissed and run a red light instead." And he lost Iván Helguera and more when he publicly berated the players for not being good enough, prompting Helguera to bemoan a "lack of respect". "I don't know if I have the squad behind me," shrugged Koeman, "but I reckon four or five of them are on my side.""

10 years ago during a period, which I'm sure Koeman will admit, that didn't work out at all. Valencia were notorious for getting through managers up to even now - though recent records suggest they may be on an upward turn.

Costa is a massive character but he has the quality to go with it. He's better than any striker we have or could hope to get so a no brainer in my opinion.

agree again. he's also the kind of player that its him and his teammates against the world. he is very loyal (still hasn't bad mouthed chelsea teammates, just conti) to his teammates.

Why would he badmouth his teammates after winning the title with them and while he's trying to secure a move? I think that he's out of favor with Conte so quickly is an indication of the type of respect he garners at Chelsea.

Baby sitting a player who is desperate to be at another club I don't believe will benefit us. Especially to be dumped unceremoniously in January and left in limbo. To get in the Spain squad he'll only need a decent end to the season especially if they're still in the champions league. Having him for a Season as I said before is different as he will need to play for his World Cup place and allow us time to get a decent replacement.

10 years ago during a period, which I'm sure Koeman will admit, that didn't work out at all. Valencia were notorious for getting through managers up to even now - though recent records suggest they may be on an upward turn.

Costa is a massive character but he has the quality to go with it. He's better than any striker we have or could hope to get so a no brainer in my opinion.

Yes they did go through managers at the time but he was trying to rid difficult players.

I recall he did a similar thing with Ibra at Ajax, leaving him out because of his attitude.

When he left Ajax he said the dressing room was full of "prima donnas" in his leaving speach.

At Valencia he is also dropped Albelda and Canizares from the squad indefinitely as well as the other quote above.

He doesn't like the type of players that Costa is and if he has problems keeping Mirallas onside, he will struggle keeping get Costa sweet especially if he doesn't play every week or if Costa doesn't give two shits about the club.

agree again. he's also the kind of player that its him and his teammates against the world. he is very loyal (still hasn't bad mouthed chelsea teammates, just conti) to his teammates.

Didn't he have a fight with one of his team mates last season or the season before?

Yes they did go through managers at the time but he was trying to rid difficult players.

I recall he did a similar thing with Ibra at Ajax, leaving him out because of his attitude.

When he left Ajax he said the dressing room was full of "prima donnas" in his leaving speach.

At Valencia he is also dropped Albelda and Canizares from the squad indefinitely as well as the other quote above.

He doesn't like the type of players that Costa is and if he has problems keeping Mirallas onside, he will struggle keeping get Costa sweet especially if he doesn't play every week or if Costa doesn't give two shits about the club.

Ajax is even earlier than his time at Valencia! It could be argued that Koeman had a big influence on Zlatan's career as that's when he came to the forefront worldwide; under Koeman at Ajax.

If we get Costa he'll play every game for the simple fact that he's better than what we currently have. The Mirallas situation is something we all know little about so people can draw their own conclusions but it'd be speculative. It wouldn't be the first time Mirallas has caused unrest either. Is Mirallas a player who can take us to the next level? I don't think so. Is Costa, albeit on a temporary basis? I don't think many teams will enjoy playing against us between now and January with him.

A relationship Koeman has with Mirallas or previous relationships 10+ years ago will have no bearings on a potential relationship Koeman and Costa may have.

Ajax is even earlier than his time at Valencia! It could be argued that Koeman had a big influence on Zlatan's career as that's when he came to the forefront worldwide; under Koeman at Ajax.

If we get Costa he'll play every game for the simple fact that he's better than what we currently have. The Mirallas situation is something we all know little about so people can draw their own conclusions but it'd be speculative. It wouldn't be the first time Mirallas has caused unrest either. Is Mirallas a player who can take us to the next level? I don't think so. Is Costa, albeit on a temporary basis? I don't think many teams will enjoy playing against us between now and January with him.

A relationship Koeman has with Mirallas or previous relationships 10+ years ago will have no bearings on a potential relationship Koeman and Costa may have.

Maybe you are right and hopefully you are but don't forget he also shut Schneiderlin out at Soton when he copped it.

The impression I get is that he doesn't deal with insubordination, it's his way or no way. I don't have a problem with that, I think that sometimes it's needed.

What I am saying is that it's a personality clash waiting to happen. He barely made it a season with Conte and that was cos he had an incentive to win the league and get a move away. He has no incentive with us.

If he comes here and wants to prove people wrong and Koeman gets his head right then great but I think there is also a fair amount of risk.

As our player on a full contract I would love him here but I would have big doubts about his motivation.

Maybe you are right and hopefully you are but don't forget he also shut Schneiderlin out at Soton when he copped it.

Schneiderlin stayed an extra year when Koeman wouldn't sell and continued to do well. He was then very happy to rejoin him here at EFC.

Schneiderlin stayed an extra year when Koeman wouldn't sell and continued to do well. He was then very happy to rejoin him here at EFC.

Schneiderlin spat his dummy when he didn't get the move, refused to play, and then the pair of them kissed and made up. Not sure why Koeman is getting stick for it from Bailey!