IGNORED

Nikola Vlasic

16 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Him and Bolasie on the wings...much, much more chances being created.

Whack Sigurdson in between them and a good standard striker...should lead to more goals.

Include Rooney deeper with a solid CM alongside him...and if we still can't create more and/or score more, shoot the lot of them.

Exactly this - McCarthy would probably be the best fit to play holding mid in that scenario, or Gana but Gana would have to be told not to wander too far up the pitch or else we'd get arsed on the counter. 

33 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Exactly this - McCarthy would probably be the best fit to play holding mid in that scenario, or Gana but Gana would have to be told not to wander too far up the pitch or else we'd get arsed on the counter. 

Don't worry about that Gana never wanders up the pitch and if he plays anywhere we'll get smashed, I hope Allardyce saw from last game we were the best we've been in midfield without Gana for along time.

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He did he usually gets 2-3 a season just what you want from a quality forward thinking midfielder, if he carries on at that rate we could have a Gerrard or Lampard in the making.

So not never then ;)

he gets up plenty, and I’m usually pissed off when I see him there because it means one of our attackers isn’t doing their job and there’s a gap behind him

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Gana isn’t meant to be a forward thinking midfielder. 

How many has Holgate got so far?

He is played that way recently when Schneiderlin is also in the team. Thats my biggest gripe with him (and the manager that puts him there). The difference between him and Davies in an attacking sense is huge.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

He is played that way recently when Schneiderlin is also in the team. Thats my biggest gripe with him (and the manager that puts him there). The difference between him and Davies in an attacking sense is huge.

That’s down to necessity though. We have no one else to fill that position. 

Its more on the manager than the player. He knows what his strengths are and uses them well. He tries his best going forward and has scored a couple of goals. 

But get Morgan out the team, put Gana in that position and find a create central player and we may score the odd goal or two.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Can't believe he never got on the pitch tonight after big Sam praised him last week.

I think McCarthy forced his hand as sure I saw Allardyce lipping ‘he’s cramped up’ just before he came off. I expected Bolasie off for Vlasic to be the final sub.

I think, as rumoured, Lennon will be off to Burnley for a longer contract offer and Vlasic, Lookman and Bolasie will get a lot more game time in a more positive system now we’ve hopefully got a more experienced and prolific striker.

29 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I think, as rumoured, Lennon will be off to Burnley for a longer contract offer and Vlasic, Lookman and Bolasie will get a lot more game time in a more positive system now we’ve hopefully got a more experienced and prolific striker.

i never heard that rumor but if true i like that very much.  lennon and mirallas off and we get our 3 wingers to actually get a game.

7 hours ago, c1982 said:

I think McCarthy forced his hand as sure I saw Allardyce lipping ‘he’s cramped up’ just before he came off. I expected Bolasie off for Vlasic to be the final sub.

I’d rather it was Mirallas, Lennon still offers something even if he’s not a starter

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’d rather it was Mirallas, Lennon still offers something even if he’s not a starter

This.

6 hours ago, Btay said:

If Lennon goes we need need to replace with a proper quality winger.

Or this. I imagine it’s the sort of deal we’ll be looking to do in the summer though. 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Both have to go as Mirallas is a bad apple and delivers very little.

Lennon is a good guy, a very willing runner and gives his all for the team, but alas also creates very little.

With Vlasic, Lookman and Bolasie we don't need them and they need to move on to get game time.

30 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Lennon is a good guy, a very willing runner and gives his all for the team, but alas also creates very little.

With Vlasic, Lookman and Bolasie we don't need them and they need to move on to get game time.

Totally agree with this.

On 06/01/2018 at 13:31, London Blue said:

On 06/01/2018 at 14:03, Bill said:

Totally agree with this.

It's amazing how people can see two completely different persepctives. 

I think Lennon has done well going forward this season. What he lacks in an end product he makes up for in forcing errors and creating space in the box. He's had a few important moments this season for us in games and I'm liking the way he is playing. On top of that he works his arse off up and down the flank ,which I think has been important for us stabilising our defence and allowing it to get in some sort of form! 

On the flip hand though, I do enjoy watching Vlasic and Lookman, and Bolasi has to be a starter for us now, although I hope he isn'tt playing too many 90 minutes for us for the new few games.