Jump to content

Nikola Vlasic


 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

I don't see him as having attitude problems, I see him as being some who wants to play, and I think if he comes back and gets his chance we'll see a decent player. With Finn, I'd like him back.

 

29 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I don’t think he has an attitude problem, he’s just in the same situation as Gomes.

He didn’t have a good time here and has moved somewhere where he feels at home. He doesn’t want to come back.

We need to move on.

Both of these points. He left to escape a toxic atmosphere, like Lookman, to concentrate on what was good for him. It was a very mature decision and means I’ve no doubt about his attitude or application. However, the shite (as did we all) endured means I think he wouldn’t want to come back, and I’d be disappointed but couldn’t really blame him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Bill said:

I keep coming in here hoping to read something about Vlasic, and it takes a long time watching the circle  on  the screen going round and round waiting for the thread to load up, and then Bingo it loads up but its not what I thought I would see, getting on my tit now this.

👀 when did you have a mastectomy ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/04/2019 at 15:06, StevO said:

I don’t care if you’re a financial professional or not, Teressa May is a professional politician, you might be shit at your job too. 

I guess we are broke and can’t afford to spend the kind of money we have managed to spend in recent seasons, we aren’t better off with the improved terms we have from the financial institutions the club have now and we don’t benefit from the lack of huge interest payment that we used to pay, we didn’t get increased sponsorship deals for the shirt, the sleeve or the training ground. 

Like any other rich owner out there, he will still find ways to get money in the club. I’m pretty sure it’s no coincidence he keeps buying up more and more shares. 

Your hyperbolic reaction and non-appreciation for my background (that gives me unique expertise here) aside, my original point that we are still miles off Spurs, the least financially strong of the "big six", stands whether you're capable of comprehending that or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Your hyperbolic reaction and non-appreciation for my background (that gives me unique expertise here) aside, my original point that we are still miles off Spurs, the least financially strong of the "big six", stands whether you're capable of comprehending that or not.

I am aware we are behind the top six, but we are not the paupers you make us out to be either.

Congratulations on your unique expertise though.  I’m sure you’re the only member of the site who works in your field, and so successfully at that. You can be TT’s very own Gordon Gecko! Awesome!

In seriousness, apart from one comment in one post where you are a self proclaimed expert, why would I have appreciation for your professional background? I could tell you my job is absolutely anything, that doesn’t need to be the end of the debate, and you wouldn’t have to believe me. We don’t agree, it doesn’t matter. I wish you nothing but luck in your career regardless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, StevO said:

I am aware we are behind the top six, but we are not the paupers you make us out to be either. I did not make us out to be paupers, however I will and have noted that we are closer to the likes of Leicester, West Ham, Southampton financially than we are the top six. 

Congratulations on your unique expertise though.  I’m sure you’re the only member of the site who works in your field, and so successfully at that. You can be TT’s very own Gordon Gecko! Awesome! 

Gordon Gekko? A bit of a silly reference there. You know, I'd be more than happy to accept or at least appreciate the view of someone with medical experience relating to player injuries on this board, as I generally trust experts. However, it would seem you're the type of guy who lectures his own doctor.

In seriousness, apart from one comment in one post where you are a self proclaimed expert, why would I have appreciation for your professional background? I could tell you my job is absolutely anything, that doesn’t need to be the end of the debate, and you wouldn’t have to believe me. We don’t agree, it doesn’t matter. I wish you nothing but luck in your career regardless. I'd be more than happy to see your analysis of Everton's annual accounts. My point still stands that our club earns ~60% of the annual revenue that Spurs does, which essentially  significantly limits our buying power in the transfer market relative to the big six. 

Hi Stev0, comments provided above. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, pete0 said:

He looked leaps and bounds ahead of Lookman. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at a champs league club in Italy or Germany in the future. 

Could happen but I would be surprised. Have you read any reports of his time over there? They are a little Meh!! Nothing to stand out etc.

But you could be right, he may settle and progress in a place where he is happy playing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Could happen but I would be surprised. Have you read any reports of his time over there? They are a little Meh!! Nothing to stand out etc.

But you could be right, he may settle and progress in a place where he is happy playing.

I'm just going off his brief spell here mostly tbh, he was one of the few bright sparks under Koeman. Find the fee to be really low too, we got offered £28m for Lookman and Vlasic has him beat in every department. Was unlucky that Alladyce brought in Walcott to take his place as we were desperate for pace, just don't understand why he was frozen out by Silva and Brands happy to let him go so cheap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I think £14 million is way to low. U can’t get a championship fullback for that. I think buy back clauses must be there 

There isn't a lot of money for Russian clubs to spend, so I'd imagine the £14m is an initial fee, with addons and a percentage of any future fees from his next transfer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Rumoured that we are going to buy Vlasic back from CSK apparently we have first refusal, this season playing out wide he has scored 18 goals and had a hat full of assists, he should start against England on Sunday. 
If Richarlison wants to leave then he would make a great replacement, I think it would be fair to say most of us felt he had a lot about him, but didn’t get a proper opportunity in a very disjointed team.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Might turn out to be the best thing for him. He's gotten plenty of playing time and has avoided the carousel of coaches at Everton.  

True. I just wish he'd had that time with us. But you're right, best he was allowed game time and protected from the drama around the club too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vlasic made the right choice leaving us, he was at a mismanaged club with an imbalanced squad and a poor manager. I've not followed his progress in Moscow but have heard that he seems to be the leagues better players and growing each season - it just worries me that Oumar Niasse looked like a top class player in the Russian League.

If the price was right, I'd like to have him back but considering he seemed unhappy here (his sister kept posting stuff about the club remember) I don't think he would come back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Vlasic made the right choice leaving us, he was at a mismanaged club with an imbalanced squad and a poor manager. I've not followed his progress in Moscow but have heard that he seems to be the leagues better players and growing each season - it just worries me that Oumar Niasse looked like a top class player in the Russian League.

If the price was right, I'd like to have him back but considering he seemed unhappy here (his sister kept posting stuff about the club remember) I don't think he would come back.

I think their situations aren’t comparable though. Vlasic has experience in the PL(although limited) and looked decent in his cameos for us and has excelled in the Russian league; worries me though that he was let go in the first place. 
 

Niasse was barely a one season wonder. He was incredibly lucky to get the goals he did. I know some will say “that’s great positioning.” But personally I think he was extremely fortunate, and that’s it. His athleticism helped him a lot. 

Let me add that it’s also completely obvious that Vlasic is miles ahead of Niasse in terms of technical ability. Just watch one game of either, and it’s completely obvious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Vlasic made the right choice leaving us, he was at a mismanaged club with an imbalanced squad and a poor manager. I've not followed his progress in Moscow but have heard that he seems to be the leagues better players and growing each season - it just worries me that Oumar Niasse looked like a top class player in the Russian League.

If the price was right, I'd like to have him back but considering he seemed unhappy here (his sister kept posting stuff about the club remember) I don't think he would come back.

Just following on from @Sibdane's post I dont think Niasse did look a top class player in Russia. 

I can only think he looked like a player that could find the net with a good work ethic but needed a hell of a lot of polishing.

I would be more worried that McGeady looked a decent player over there but based purely on stats Vlasic is doing far better than he ever did. 

I always liked the look of Vlasic. He seemed to have the brain to go along with the skill and that isnt easy to find. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Just following on from @Sibdane's post I dont think Niasse did look a top class player in Russia. 

I can only think he looked like a player that could find the net with a good work ethic but needed a hell of a lot of polishing.

I would be more worried that McGeady looked a decent player over there but based purely on stats Vlasic is doing far better than he ever did. 

I always liked the look of Vlasic. He seemed to have the brain to go along with the skill and that isnt easy to find. 

A brain, velco-like feet, pace and balance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Only issue he had was some attitude issues.  If he has grown up and matured maybe those have been resolved.  I was a big supporter of his until the attitude stuff.  Here’s to hoping…

I don't remember any attitude stuff :huh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Only issue he had was some attitude issues.  If he has grown up and matured maybe those have been resolved.  I was a big supporter of his until the attitude stuff.  Here’s to hoping…

I think it was more his family going public about how unhappy he was and badly he had been treated, obviously those stories would have come from him in private chats with his family, when you’re a young man miles from home and you feel things are conspiring against you it must be very tough.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Matt said:

I don't remember any attitude stuff :huh:

This week Vlasic has sat down for a new interview with Croatian outlet Sportske Novosti.

During the interview, Vlasic has mocked Everton for thinking they are as good as Tottenham:

Everton has spent $100 million last year on reinforcements. Only three players – Richarlison, (Yerry) Mina and (Lucas) Digne – cost about 90 million. 

Everton are looking for great names and players from big clubs, like Barcelona.

Despite these immense investments, the team is currently in the 11th place. That means there will be new, big purchases (in the future).

I know (Everton) have decided internally that they will try to be the new Tottenham and join the biggest league clubs. 

What went wrong for Vlasic at Everton

Vlasic also opened up about why his move to Everton didn’t work out.

For the Croatian, his problems are all Sam Allardyce’s fault:

Everything changed after (Ronald) Koeman left. The football played under Big Sam was awful, if it could even be called football. 

In such football I do not have a place. The football team was terrified by everything – the fans mostly.

 

 

I read another piece where he asked Silva if he was a guaranteed starter, when he said no, he said I’d rather leave.  Guy didn’t wanna fight for his place. 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

 

This week Vlasic has sat down for a new interview with Croatian outlet Sportske Novosti.

During the interview, Vlasic has mocked Everton for thinking they are as good as Tottenham:

Everton has spent $100 million last year on reinforcements. Only three players – Richarlison, (Yerry) Mina and (Lucas) Digne – cost about 90 million. 

Everton are looking for great names and players from big clubs, like Barcelona.

Despite these immense investments, the team is currently in the 11th place. That means there will be new, big purchases (in the future).

I know (Everton) have decided internally that they will try to be the new Tottenham and join the biggest league clubs. 

What went wrong for Vlasic at Everton

Vlasic also opened up about why his move to Everton didn’t work out.

For the Croatian, his problems are all Sam Allardyce’s fault:

Everything changed after (Ronald) Koeman left. The football played under Big Sam was awful, if it could even be called football. 

In such football I do not have a place. The football team was terrified by everything – the fans mostly.

 

 

I read another piece where he asked Silva if he was a guaranteed starter, when he said no, he said I’d rather leave.  Guy didn’t wanna fight for his place. 


 

That seems to be after he left the club, but how true are those words, we keep spending big and finishing in double figures. He should have been kept on he like DCL Godfrey and Niels were brought in to be part of the future, to help give the team stability for years to come, constantly buying big name players on huge wages who are near the end of their careers is trying to take the easy option, we should be looking at more Vlasic’s to bring into the team, and when we get them try and keep them after all they do have a great future.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

 

This week Vlasic has sat down for a new interview with Croatian outlet Sportske Novosti.

During the interview, Vlasic has mocked Everton for thinking they are as good as Tottenham:

Everton has spent $100 million last year on reinforcements. Only three players – Richarlison, (Yerry) Mina and (Lucas) Digne – cost about 90 million. 

Everton are looking for great names and players from big clubs, like Barcelona.

Despite these immense investments, the team is currently in the 11th place. That means there will be new, big purchases (in the future).

I know (Everton) have decided internally that they will try to be the new Tottenham and join the biggest league clubs. 

What went wrong for Vlasic at Everton

Vlasic also opened up about why his move to Everton didn’t work out.

For the Croatian, his problems are all Sam Allardyce’s fault:

Everything changed after (Ronald) Koeman left. The football played under Big Sam was awful, if it could even be called football. 

In such football I do not have a place. The football team was terrified by everything – the fans mostly.

 

 

I read another piece where he asked Silva if he was a guaranteed starter, when he said no, he said I’d rather leave.  Guy didn’t wanna fight for his place. 


 

Is he wrong?

I think he did the right thing by himself to find out whether he was part of the plans and if not, get himself out somewhere to play regularly. It has clearly worked too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Is he wrong?

I think he did the right thing by himself to find out whether he was part of the plans and if not, get himself out somewhere to play regularly. It has clearly worked too. 

Exactly this. He wanted to play regular football, he got that and has become an important player for his national team. Seems like it all worked out fine for him. 
If he’s good enough to play for us now I’d be more than happy to see him come back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Hasn’t made the starting line up, shame I was looking forward to seeing him play. 

He'd probably look like Messi against the team Southgate put together and get us priced out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...