IGNORED

Pink Floyd

chalkpie

Strangely a band that I never got excited by and never saw play. We had all the albums in the house because my brother bought them as they came out and we now have all the CDs because they're my wife's all-time faves. I'm quite content having them on in the background, always have been, but just never been a fan.

Having said that David Gilmour's self titled first solo album I love.

16 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Strangely a band that I never got excited by and never saw play. We had all the albums in the house because my brother bought them as they came out and we now have all the CDs because they're my wife's all-time faves. I'm quite content having them on in the background, always have been, but just never been a fan.

Having said that David Gilmour's self titled first solo album I love.

Mike, you should give Dark Side/Moon a headphone spin in the evening in the dark, might work some magic for you. 

5 minutes ago, chalkpie said:

Nice mate. What are yer favorite albums?

Obvious ones, Wish You Were Here, Dark Side... The Pulse live performance is something special though. I tried the others and, mostly, enjoyed them but if I go to put one on, it's one of the 2 I mentioned

6 minutes ago, chalkpie said:

Mike, you should give Dark Side/Moon a headphone spin in the evening in the dark, might work some magic for you. 

Gone to sleep to it many times, we always have music on in the bedroom to go to sleep to (or whatever:P) but there are many "in the dark on headphone" genre albums ahead of it. Little time due to impending KO but top three would be Ommadawn/Mike Oldfield, Voyage of the Acolyte/Steve Hackett and Mirage by Camel. Try them and tell me what you think (you may already know them).

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

Gone to sleep to it many times, we always have music on in the bedroom to go to sleep to (or whatever:P) but there are many "in the dark on headphone" genre albums ahead of it. Little time due to impending KO but top three would be Ommadawn/Mike Oldfield, Voyage of the Acolyte/Steve Hackett and Mirage by Camel. Try them and tell me what you think (you may already know them).

Great choices mate! I know and enjoy all three - well I'm not a huge Camel fan but I do like them well enough and I own the first four or so Camel albums. Andy Latimer was a terrific guitarist, actually a bit in the Gilmour vein sometimes. HUGE Genesis fa, so I love that Hackett album, and Oldfield is great as well. Good taste!

1 minute ago, chalkpie said:

Great choices mate! I know and enjoy all three - well I'm not a huge Camel fan but I do like them well enough and I own the first four or so Camel albums. Andy Latimer was a terrific guitarist, actually a bit in the Gilmour vein sometimes. HUGE Genesis fa, so I love that Hackett album, and Oldfield is great as well. Good taste!

Andy Latimer was a local lad where I grew up and went to school with one of my best mates big brother, I saw them multiple times, always a joy.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Andy Latimer was a local lad where I grew up and went to school with one of my best mates big brother, I saw them multiple times, always a joy.

Wow - thats great man! I was fortunate enough to see Camel once at (the now defunct) prog festival called NEARfest in PA. He had such an amazing vocabulary on guitar - always about tone rather than flash and spewing a million notes, although he was no slouch when he needed to be. Beautiful vibrato as well. I think The Snow Goose is my favorite Camel album, although Mirage is a close second.