IGNORED

Apollon Limassol (Home Europa League Group Stage) Thursday Septemeber 28th

markjazzbassist

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Haha sorry mate.

would be great to see a forward moving team. Big admirer of Besic here. Think he has a lot to offer if he can get a good run of games. Not scared to go past a player.... which for some reason the rest of our team are. Wants to shoot, and is very aggressive.

Every game he's had a chance in this season he's been poor.

39 minutes ago, Shukes said:

That, I can't disagree with....

agh what the hell.... your wrong, he's been world class!

All I know for sure is that haf is truelly eating his words with lukaku at the minute 😕

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

This man gets it!

It's no surprise we scored two against Bournemouth when we threw a second striker on is it?!

Even if be still wants to play all the central midfielders we have we could do that in a diamond.

Morgan

Klaassen Davies

Siggy

DCL Sandro

Fingers crossed anyway Romey!

2 hours ago, aaron said:

Think he will stick with Steks in goal?

Can see this being a frustrating game, Limassol will likely sit back and defend.

Hope to see Sandro start, the lad needs a goal soon before it starts knocking his confidence.

Ye Stek will be in goal. Pretty sure that Koeman is using the Euro games to keep him fresh.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Ye Stek will be in goal. Pretty sure that Koeman is using the Euro games to keep him fresh.

It's infuriating. Pickford is the long term plan so invest in the long term plan! Not to mention having some consistency for an already heavily injured and rotated defence. It's baffling.

10 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

what's wrong, he plays every league game and stek played very well in the last game.  Nothing wrong with giving the second keeper the odd game.

I disagree. It's the importance of the competition, better for Pickford (thus better for us) and, as I mentioned, the inconsistency that an already fragile defence has to deal with. 

Duhhh... you're right it's on FS1. I'm in the habit of checking England broadcast before US broadcasts. Same reason I go to Liverpool Echo every morning for info. I have a local Brit friend that finds it quite humorous that a guy in Alabama goes to his hometown paper first thing every morning....

1 minute ago, Ghoat said:

Duhhh... you're right it's on FS1. I'm in the habit of checking England broadcast before US broadcasts. Same reason I go to Liverpool Echo every morning for info. I have a local Brit friend that finds it quite humorous that a guy in Alabama goes to his hometown paper first thing every morning....

Getting info from the Echo is like playing with an inflatable dartboard and a crossbow...

5 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

Fair point, but you should go read the Montgomery Advertiser. I by read, I mean "don't read"

I can't remember, has Lookman ever played as a striker, or just out on wing? I just want to see he and DCL paired up for pace as striker/wing or front 2 with DCL playing the target striker.

:lol:

lookman is too light weight to have played or play up front, but i do like the idea of him and DCL working together as you suggest 

12 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

Fair point, but you should go read the Montgomery Advertiser. I by read, I mean "don't read"

Having had a quick look at their site I see there is a high school there named after Robert E. Lee, how does that go down locally with statues of the guy being dismantled in other states (off topic, sorry)?

2 of our other public High Schools are Jefferson Davis, and George Washing Carver.  Montgomery has a lot of Confederate History, as well as Civil RIghts history - Selma to Montgomery March, Rosa Parks/Bus Boycott etc. The first White House of the Confederacy is in downtown Montgomery it is  2 blocks away from Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church, where Martin Luther King Jr was pastor, 3 blocks away is the Civil Rights Museum and less than a mile from the Rosa Parks Museum.

So oddly enough there really isn't a movement to take down any of the various statues of historical figures in Montgomery. At least not at this point.

But the local paper ins't aware that "soccer" really exists, despite the fact the most exciting team in MLS is less than 3 hours away.