IGNORED

Apollon Limassol (Home Europa League Group Stage) Thursday Septemeber 28th

markjazzbassist

8 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

2 of our other public High Schools are Jefferson Davis, and George Washing Carver.  Montgomery has a lot of Confederate History, as well as Civil RIghts history - Selma to Montgomery March, Rosa Parks/Bus Boycott etc. The first White House of the Confederacy is in downtown Montgomery it is  2 blocks away from Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church, where Martin Luther King Jr was pastor, 3 blocks away is the Civil Rights Museum and less than a mile from the Rosa Parks Museum.

So oddly enough there really isn't a movement to take down any of the various statues of historical figures in Montgomery. At least not at this point.

But the local paper ins't aware that "soccer" really exists, despite the fact the most exciting team in MLS is less than 3 hours away.

Interesting, thanks.

Just now, Newty82 said:

I don't think anyone can complain too much about that line up.

We've got what we wanted...Kenny and Davies in, Holgate at CB...I hope they all have absolute belters, more so Kenny and Holgate as we know what Davies can do already.

COYB.

Beg to differ.  We do not need to play to dedicated DMs, it makes us too negative and too narrow.  Get someone with more forward impetus in there along either Gana or Morgan.

41 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Koeman is committed to 2 DMs, even at Goodison against mediocre opponent.  Disappointing, but I won't be moaning if we play well overall and that pairing is effective.  I'm sure Gana will get forward often enough, but his shotmaking is abysmal so far.

Gana and Davies both move around the pitch a bit, Schneiderlin is the only one that stays up in front of the defense. It's just as much about movement as it is pure position

41 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Koeman is committed to 2 DMs, even at Goodison against mediocre opponent.  Disappointing, but I won't be moaning if we play well overall and that pairing is effective.  I'm sure Gana will get forward often enough, but his shotmaking is abysmal so far.

Gana and Davies both move around the pitch a bit, Schneiderlin is the only one that stays up in front of the defense. It's just as much about movement as it is pure position

45 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Beg to differ.  We do not need to play to dedicated DMs, it makes us too negative and too narrow.  Get someone with more forward impetus in there along either Gana or Morgan.

Only Morgan stays strictly in a DM position.

It's not too bad. Just about the best we have at the moment.