IGNORED

Jack Harrison

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/sport/football/everton/everton-set-for-ps16m-transfer-boost-as-highly-rated-wingers-clause-is-confirmed-4187546

Would he come here? Hard working, decent crosser of the ball, scores goals, Premiership proven I think he would do well under Dyche. I am pretty sure he would be in our starting line up. He is the type of player I would happily see Iwobi swapped out for, especially if Iwobi is not wanting to sign a new contract. We should be able to get a similar £16m fee (maybe better) and Iwobi's wages would likely cover Harrisons.

26 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/sport/football/everton/everton-set-for-ps16m-transfer-boost-as-highly-rated-wingers-clause-is-confirmed-4187546

Would he come here? Hard working, decent crosser of the ball, scores goals, Premiership proven I think he would do well under Dyche. I am pretty sure he would be in our starting line up. He is the type of player I would happily see Iwobi swapped out for, especially if Iwobi is not wanting to sign a new contract. We should be able to get a similar £16m fee (maybe better) and Iwobi's wages would likely cover Harrisons.

Agree with all of that but why wouldn’t he come here?

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Agree with all of that but why wouldn’t he come here?

I would say we are a very 'unfashionable' club at the moment, and not at the top of many players wish lists of clubs to go to. Chaos, shambles, 'how not to run a football club' seem to be how Everton are currently described. Board and owner all over the place, back to back relegation battles, FFP hearing due, no real money to spend on the squad, likely player exits on the cards. We are not the easiest sell at the moment to a player who may have a number of offers this summer.   

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Nope. Most will want game time and to maximize their lifetime earnings. Honestly, I doubt that much else comes into it these days.

I think there are still plenty of players out there that look for more wholesome values. 
And I still see Everton as a big club. And I’m sure so do a lot of players.

Look at how a player like Rodriguez who doesn’t play for us anymore talks about the club. Listen to how Barry talks about us…. There are decent people out there still.

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Everton need to get their current house in order, year on year our 'history' is rapidly becoming less and less meaningful beyond the Goodison faithful. Our modern Premier league history is average at best and this past two seasons is as bad as its ever been. It shouldn't be like this but it is. 

A new stadium should definitely be a head turner and an Everton talking point, but given how bad things have been this past two seasons, even as fans the hype of what this new stadium should be has been taking second billing to the shambles that is going on.

Its going to be Dyches and Thelwell's job to sell 'Everton' to potential targets - this job is just not as easy as it should be, and they are going to have to work hard at it!!!

I think last January transfer window bares that out if we are to believe what Dyche said, when he said he witnessed Everton officials trying to get players to sign.  

On 26/05/2022 at 07:04, c1982 said:

Left footed winger is a must - I’d have him in a heart beat but think there’s better for what we’d have to pay (unless there’s a release clause?) Good player though.

I stand by this and if the £16m release clause is true, then it’s a no brainer for me.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I think last January transfer window bares that out if we are to believe what Dyche said, when he said he witnessed Everton officials trying to get players to sign.  

Absolutely, hate to say it but any decent agent wouldn’t be promoting a move to us if they had their clients best interest at heart.

13 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think there are still plenty of players out there that look for more wholesome values. 
And I still see Everton as a big club. And I’m sure so do a lot of players.

Look at how a player like Rodriguez who doesn’t play for us anymore talks about the club. Listen to how Barry talks about us…. There are decent people out there still.

Not withstanding the current situation, which is enough to dissuade our current players never mind prospects I do think the stadium is a massive pull. I read an article the other day about Onana when he visited the new stadium before Xmas and his eyes were open wide in awe...he said he could imagine the home support already in the steep stand.

There is no argument that we are a big club (relative to most) and we will have what will be a showcase stadium to player in. However at this moment in time we are arguably the worst run club in the Premiership, we swap managers left, right and center, at this moment in time we don't even have a functioning board and we have a FFP hearing due in October. We are currently a club that is well below what its stock value should really be at. 

At the moment a player will very mull over an offer from Notts Forest, Brighton and Brentford as he would an offer from Everton - we should be bigger and better than this, but the reality of how badly this club has been run and how the team have performed it is where we are. If the stories are correct that players went to bottom of the table Southampton over Everton in January. Does it get much more embarrassing than that? I was at my lowest ebb as a fan on 31st January 2023 - it was humiliating that not a single player seemed willing to come here. Other than staying up by the skin of our teeth, not a great deal to shout about just yet.

I still think players will be cautious this transfer window over a move to Everton, we have to show improvement on the pitch and some harmony upstairs. MSP investment, new faces on the board, a couple of transfers who perform and better results on the pitch and hopefully no more than a meaningless slap on the wrists or exoneration for FFP at the end of October -  Perception of the club could change massively between now and Xmas - and can go from an embarrassment of a club who are at rock bottom to one moving positively in the right direction towards this amazing new stadium.

7 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Not withstanding the current situation, which is enough to dissuade our current players never mind prospects I do think the stadium is a massive pull. I read an article the other day about Onana when he visited the new stadium before Xmas and his eyes were open wide in awe...he said he could imagine the home support already in the steep stand.

Definitely. I think it was Onana who turned down West Ham who had just qualified for Europe to join us as well wasn’t it? 

The stadium is a big pull for players. Europe will always be a massive pull. But we are still Everton and we haven’t disappeared into the wilderness just yet.

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

There is no argument that we are a big club (relative to most) and we will have what will be a showcase stadium to player in. However at this moment in time we are arguably the worst run club in the Premiership, we swap managers left, right and center, at this moment in time we don't even have a functioning board and we have a FFP hearing due in October. We are currently a club that is well below what its stock value should really be at. 

At the moment a player will very mull over an offer from Notts Forest, Brighton and Brentford as he would an offer from Everton - we should be bigger and better than this, but the reality of how badly this club has been run and how the team have performed it is where we are. If the stories are correct that players went to bottom of the table Southampton over Everton in January. Does it get much more embarrassing than that? I was at my lowest ebb as a fan on 31st January 2023 - it was humiliating that not a single player seemed willing to come here. Other than staying up by the skin of our teeth, not a great deal to shout about just yet.

I still think players will be cautious this transfer window over a move to Everton, we have to show improvement on the pitch and some harmony upstairs. MSP investment, new faces on the board, a couple of transfers who perform and better results on the pitch and hopefully no more than a meaningless slap on the wrists or exoneration for FFP at the end of October -  Perception of the club could change massively between now and Xmas - and can go from an embarrassment of a club who are at rock bottom to one moving positively in the right direction towards this amazing new stadium.

Agree with the sentiment here.

That said, what I read about transfers was that we lost players to other clubs not because they didn't want to come here but because we procrastinated....and we procrastinated because we couldn't get the terms right - our cashflow meant we had to be very specific about what could be paid - this is Cash Flow...not FFP. We simply did not have the money. In the Summer I believe Gibbs-White was one, In January, Danny Ings was another, as well as Danjurama. He only signed for Spurs because we let him leave Liverpool while we figured out how to pay for him. Again, just what I read....could be true, might not be...as with most transfers, you never really know.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Definitely. I think it was Onana who turned down West Ham who had just qualified for Europe to join us as well wasn’t it? 

The stadium is a big pull for players. Europe will always be a massive pull. But we are still Everton and we haven’t disappeared into the wilderness just yet.

The reports were that Onana turned down West Ham for us as we offered him more money. We have paid him a fortune too, far more than his talent deserves at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Agree with the sentiment here.

That said, what I read about transfers was that we lost players to other clubs not because they didn't want to come here but because we procrastinated....and we procrastinated because we couldn't get the terms right - our cashflow meant we had to be very specific about what could be paid - this is Cash Flow...not FFP. We simply did not have the money. In the Summer I believe Gibbs-White was one, In January, Danny Ings was another, as well as Danjurama. He only signed for Spurs because we let him leave Liverpool while we figured out how to pay for him. Again, just what I read....could be true, might not be...as with most transfers, you never really know.

I think we dodged a lot of bullets this January. 

We could never afford Gibbs-White. Ings would have been a risk for us and on big wages, for all that he is a good player when fit. Danjuma ditched us for Spurs which is understandable. Players have agents and mobile phones. Letting him leave the building isnt the reason he jumped ship.