Chelski - Will They Ever Stop Spending?

Chelsea

Michael Ballack free

Khalid Boulahrouz (£6 million)

Hilario (free)

Salomon Kalou (undisc.)

Jon Obi Mikel (£16million)

Andriy Shevchenko (£30m)

its getting beyond a joke. what are they going to do with all these players? jus a couple of weeks ago mourinho claimed that they werent spending anymore and theyve signed a couple since then.

and cole still isnt settled.

i tried to sell them vdm's dog as mascot, but they only offered a couple of mill so i sent it back.

If they have the money then they should spend it, I have nothing against them for that because if Everton had that sort of money then I would want us to buy the best. Its funny how Chelsea get criticised for spending money when the top teams have been doing it for years, maybe not on the same scale but they have still been spending alot more than the teams below them.

If they have the money then they should spend it, I have nothing against them for that because if Everton had that sort of money then I would want us to buy the best. Its funny how Chelsea get criticised for spending money when the top teams have been doing it for years, maybe not on the same scale but they have still been spending alot more than the teams below them.

46341[/snapback]

:D thats true mark the mancs were the big spenders now its chelsea everybody is making a fuss about it and i carnt see why :blink:

:D thats true mark the mancs were the big spenders now its chelsea everybody is making a fuss about it  and i carnt see why :blink:

46367[/snapback]

the situation today with chelski is different. plus the fact that football is a sport, as well as a business.

they are in the same position as say, microsoft, who can control the software industry because they own the only decent operating system on the market.

its the same with any other monopoly.

they have the power to drive up prices beyond the reach of most clubs, creating an unfair advantage in the market place.

in business there are rules and laws, (as microsoft have discovered), to prevent unfair trade practices. there are none in football.

plus chelsea have been accused of tapping up players and heavily fined for doing so.

they can unsettle players at other clubs, thus affecting performance and team selection. cole hasnt played for arsenal in recent weeks for just this reason.

the situation today with chelski is different. plus the fact that football is a sport, as well as a business.

they are in the same position as say, microsoft, who can control the software industry because they own the only decent operating system on the market.

its the same with any other monopoly.

they have the power to drive up prices beyond the reach of most clubs, creating an unfair advantage in the market place.

in business there are rules and laws, (as microsoft have discovered), to prevent unfair trade practices. there are none in football.

plus chelsea have been accused of tapping up players and heavily fined for doing so.

they can unsettle players at other clubs, thus affecting performance and team selection. cole hasnt played for arsenal in recent weeks for just this reason.

46583[/snapback]

thats a good point but i like seeing chelsea spending money as i like to see top class players play week in week out e.g shevchenko and ballack.

thats a good point but i like seeing chelsea spending money as i like to see top class players play week in week out e.g shevchenko and ballack.

46610[/snapback]

That argument doesn't work I'm afraid. Chelsea's policy sees more top class players sitting on the bench and in their reserves week in week out. Wright Phillips last season is one example among many.

Java makes a good point I think but probably only a wage cap could solve the problem and that ain't gonna happen any time soon.

im sort of with Everton Lad on this one, im all for seeing the best players in the premiership, and our league now has greater representatives in europe. and im much happier watchin chelsea win things than when the RS or manure win.

shame abramovich didnt pick us

im sort of with Everton Lad on this one, im all for seeing the best players in the premiership, and our league now has greater representatives in europe. and im much happier watchin chelsea win things than when the RS or manure win.

shame abramovich didnt pick us

46836[/snapback]

no thanks. the russian mafia can stay at home as far as i'm concerned.

mourinho is livid about the midweek loss to middlesborough. time for another frantic shopping spree before the window closes? :P

i heard that if abramovich left chelski. they would be in soo much debt that they would be forced to be relegated. therefore most of the big money signings like lampard drogba shevvy ballack and co would leave and this would be a disaster.

46998[/snapback]

that is a disaster waiting to happen i believe

i can understand why the mancs fans are against the glazer takeover

and from my understanding that the RS have rejected alot of takeover bods from kraft to the thai pm

Chelsea 

Michael Ballack free

Khalid Boulahrouz (£6 million)

Hilario (free)

Salomon Kalou (undisc.)

Jon Obi Mikel (£16million)

Andriy Shevchenko (£30m)

its getting beyond a joke. what are they going to do with all these players? jus a couple of weeks ago mourinho claimed that they werent spending anymore and theyve signed a couple since then.

and cole still isnt settled.

i tried to sell them vdm's dog as mascot, but they only offered a couple of mill so i sent it back.

46335[/snapback]

They aren't our competition so I couldn't give one. Whether you like it or not Shevchenko and Ballack coming to the Premiership when they had their pick from Spain and Italy does raise the leagues profile as a whole.

It makes the rest of Europe sit up. Italy were the biggest spenders not so long ago, soon as you head any of their big clubs were after one of our leagues rising stars you knew they were off. Now these players want to stay and test themself against the best in the world in England. Not just that but players from Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juve, AC Milan all want to as well.

If we can get into Europe this season it will all work for us when it comes to adding international quality to our squad. The fact its pissing the Shyte (god knows why they havent won the league since Rooney was in nappies) and Mancs off is a bonus

Edited by Bluetrip