IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

3 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I don't think Moshiri will tolerate failure and I expect him to clean house with Walsh and Allardyce leaving, hence us being linked with new Director of Football. I just hope for the following:

1) A manager who can get us playing "Everton Football".

2) Has a vision and can bring the players and coaching staff with him.

3) Is comfortable and has experience working with a DOF.

4) A DOF who can work to a managers system and not play their own very expensive game of fantasy football.

Hopefully with the World Cup this year we get this sorted in the next 6 - 8 weeks and announced before the end of the season.

why do you want another DOF?  why don't you want a "one man does it all" ala Moyes, Martinez

9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

why do you want another DOF?  why don't you want a "one man does it all" ala Moyes, Martinez

I think in the modern game its too much for one person to do. If, and its a big "if" you get a DoF and manager on the same wavelength, working together then it spreads the load and lets the manager concentrate on coaching.

The manager still has a say on transfers, who they would like to sign, types of player etc but the DoF does all the leg work and handles the transfer.

I just think Moshiri has been taken for a mug over the last two seasons by Walsh, Koeman and Allardyce, hopefully he will now clean house and restore order.

19 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I think in the modern game its too much for one person to do. If, and its a big "if" you get a DoF and manager on the same wavelength, working together then it spreads the load and lets the manager concentrate on coaching.

The manager still has a say on transfers, who they would like to sign, types of player etc but the DoF does all the leg work and handles the transfer.

I just think Moshiri has been taken for a mug over the last two seasons by Walsh, Koeman and Allardyce, hopefully he will now clean house and restore order.

I see where you’re coming from it is a lot of work buying players and gives you less time with the team.

For me I wouldn’t want a DoF who sourced the players I’d want the manager to pick the players he wants in conjunction with his coaches and scouts the people he trusts and the players he wants. 

Then your DoF has the job to deal with buying them and negotiating there contracts , and if the DoF is struggling to get a player signed due to high demands in fee or contract then that’s when they get together. 

Looking at your post again I should have just said I agree but I’ve wrote it so I’m gonna post it. 

34 minutes ago, London Blue said:

i don't agree but i appreciate your explanation.  back to "one man does all" for me, the DOF has been a disaster and moyes and martinez were great at recruitment.

54 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I don't think Moshiri will tolerate failure and I expect him to clean house with Walsh and Allardyce leaving, hence us being linked with new Director of Football. I just hope for the following:

1) A manager who can get us playing "Everton Football".

2) Has a vision and can bring the players and coaching staff with him.

3) Is comfortable and has experience working with a DOF.

4) A DOF who can work to a managers system and not play their own very expensive game of fantasy football.

Hopefully with the World Cup this year we get this sorted in the next 6 - 8 weeks and announced before the end of the season.

What’s Everton football? 32 years of mediocrity??

I want a manager to come in and get us playing like Spurs or City- don’t care what brand it is as long as it’s entertaining and we win.

18 minutes ago, Paddock said:

What’s Everton football? 32 years of mediocrity??

I want a manager to come in and get us playing like Spurs or City- don’t care what brand it is as long as it’s entertaining and we win.

I would not call winning the FA Cup in 1995, finishing 4th, or qualifying for Europe mediocre, given the shoe string budget we had.

Yes the last season has been very, very poor. 

My version of Everton football, is high energy, high press with a mix of one touch passing and more direct at times. A bit like the football Spurs and City play, we are the "School of Science" after all!!

Actually I would say "Everton Football" or the closest thing I have seen of it was Martinez's first season, that had was football that me on the edge of my seat cheering.

Allardyce is anti everything we stand for, just as anti as the pointless tiki taki of Martinez in his last season

9 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Actually I would say "Everton Football" or the closest thing I have seen of it was Martinez's first season, that had was football that me on the edge of my seat cheering.

I was talking to my lad about that season earlier today actually, I missed so much of it due to crap health (I slept through many games). Luckily I'm old enough to have the eighties in my memory bank; I'd f'king love for the guys on here (and Josh) to experience a period like that. Priceless.

13 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I was talking to my lad about that season earlier today actually, I missed so much of it due to crap health (I slept through many games). Luckily I'm old enough to have the eighties in my memory bank; I'd f'king love for the guys on here (and Josh) to experience a period like that. Priceless.

Mike do you think we'll live to see it or die of old age waiting, as London was saying I thought that first season with Martinez was the start of something massive, and now it feels like we've regressed 12 years.

I think the problem is we no longer have an 'Everton brand' of football. London you talk about us playing high press etc - I've never see us play like that, if anything you're describing the red shite under Klopp. The School of Science eye-pleasing stuff was probably last seen in the 60s with the Holy Trinity and Alex Young. The last time we were a truly great team, we played a very physical, direct game with two strikers who were strong in the air and a couple of magicians on the flanks. Royale tried to recapture that with his 'Dogs of War' and to be fair we've been labelled that sort of team ever since. 

Football evolves tactically. What works for one generation gets found out and superceded, so it's not always wise to pin yourself on a certain 'way' of playing. But what is for sure is you need a forward thinking manager who will move with the times, not a lumbering dinosaur like we have. 

10 hours ago, nogs said:

I think the problem is we no longer have an 'Everton brand' of football. London you talk about us playing high press etc - I've never see us play like that, if anything you're describing the red shite under Klopp. The School of Science eye-pleasing stuff was probably last seen in the 60s with the Holy Trinity and Alex Young. The last time we were a truly great team, we played a very physical, direct game with two strikers who were strong in the air and a couple of magicians on the flanks. Royale tried to recapture that with his 'Dogs of War' and to be fair we've been labelled that sort of team ever since. 

Football evolves tactically. What works for one generation gets found out and superceded, so it's not always wise to pin yourself on a certain 'way' of playing. But what is for sure is you need a forward thinking manager who will move with the times, not a lumbering dinosaur like we have. 

So what about the title winning teams of the 80s, or our first season under Martinez? Both had us playing, fast, creative, and high energy football, which I believe is Everton football.

Having been lucky enough to have watched EFC through the 60s and 80s, (nothing nice about being old but better than the alternative) i would settle for a team that tries and leaves the field dead on their feet. Even if we lose.

Not this bunch who stroll around a blame everyone but themselves.

On 2/3/2018 at 18:20, Lowensda said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/angry-sam-allardyce-dismisses-ademola-14243380.amp?__twitter_impression=true

This is worrying. 

“I've got Yannick Bolasie who cost thirty million quid and Theo Walcott who cost twenty million quid and both have a lot more experience than Lookman, so no."

Admitting he's playing players on price tag over ability here imo. I couldn't give a flying fuck if we spunked £30/40/50m on a player (which we have done several times of late), if theyre not good enough, you dont play them. Simple. 

too much players nowhere near good enough for the price we paid for them. Our kids are much better than most of the senior players and they cost nothing almost.

I’ve had a thought about this, and why players like Schneiderlin get to play so often despite contributing little. Do you think, behind the scenes, that we committed to minimum playing time in some contracts (exceptions for injuries, of course) with penalties if these minimums are not met? It would explain some of Crooked Sam’s otherwise stupid comments. 

And it’s dickhead comments like this that will ensure he is fucked and ff in the summer. The fans wont have him here next season imo. They are putting up with him for now because of the mess we were in and most where shitting it we would go down. Once we’re safe and have regrouped in the summer they wont stand for him and the shite football and comments that go hand in hand with him.

18 minutes ago, Paddock said:

And it’s dickhead comments like this that will ensure he is fucked and ff in the summer. The fans wont have him here next season imo. They are putting up with him for now because of the mess we were in and most where shitting it we would go down. Once we’re safe and have regrouped in the summer they wont stand for him and the shite football and comments that go hand in hand with him.

The fans don’t run the club, Pad, Moshiri does. And Moshiri can be a melon.