Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

Couldn’t bring myself to watch it in case it looked like he might get the opportunity to stay, then I wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight and I’ve got pre-site start meeting tomorrow so need my wits about me, but I’m hopeful it didn’t go well for him and he sounded a right prick. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The more I think about his comments after the Arsenal game the angrier I get  How can he complain about consistency when he doesn't pick a consistent side? Or a consistent formation? What fucking

Someone had to do it- I feel dirty doing it but it’s done now. Fact is- we are in a bad place right now- clearly the first choice second etc were either unattainable or didn’t fancy it. We need s

In all my years of supporting the blues,i have never felt the urge to comment on any of these forums. I know i may or may not be slagged of by the regulars but i now need to to agree with the majority

Posted Images

1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

57 minutes ago, Louis said:

It feels like Christmas 

11 hours ago, c1982 said:

Had to turn it off before my tv got smashed... it was set up for him to play the ‘poor old Sam’ card after doing an amazing job to get Everton to 8th - it was cringe worthy. He did say there is a meeting this week then he’s off on holiday but he didn’t say when exactly. Seen a couple of tweets suggesting the meetings would take place down in London where SSN studio is.

Another example of sam and his media chums. He gives them material so they love him. 

When Sky say 'Sky Sports news understands....', they are rarely wrong.

Looks like it's on folks.  I still have reservations about Silva but right now I am just ecstatic about the fact Sam's gone.  I'll get around to hating Silva if we haven't won everything by November 😀.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11373494/sam-allardyce-to-leave-everton-with-marco-silva-preferred-replacement

Sam Allardyce is set to leave Everton in the next 24 hours, thats all i needed to hear to come back to this site. Been staying away because I'm so pissed off at the club for letting it go this far. (have been watching the matches but its hard to be positive when this giant turd is in charge of the team)

Will be happy to see him go but am still worried for the future of the club. Poor recruitment has been the fundamental problem; no manager could get much out of the present squad. We need a complete overhaul and that's going to take time (and patience). Not sure why we're going after Silva, either. Sure, it will be nice to feel like we're starting again, but the players aren't going to be replaced overnight. It's staggering how few decent players we have, or even waiting in the wings. So, although it will be a relief to flush this season down the toilet, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a few more like it before the drains are properly cleaned. 

2 hours ago, Peter H said:

Sam Allardyce is set to leave Everton in the next 24 hours, thats all i needed to hear to come back to this site. Been staying away because I'm so pissed off at the club for letting it go this far. (have been watching the matches but its hard to be positive when this giant turd is in charge of the team)

Tough start for Djurgarden as well, pal.

4 hours ago, Peter H said:

they miss spelled 48 hours!

4 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

When he does go he I reckon it will be with a confidentiality clause. I think he was brought in till the end of the season with silva lined up but now there is emery etc out there should we be looking at higher ?

he will go to a CL side.  Spain, France, i doubt we would even have a chance.

I really do not get the hatred for FS. He's done a job, and I think he already knew he was out at the end of the season. He can't exactly start admitting to this whilst he's manager at our club. The whole hatred thing is embarrassing. Anyone of you's who were backed into a corner would have been cutting in your comments to save face. I don't want him as our manager but this whole witch hunt is an absolute embarrassment for our club. Why would any other manager with a pedergree want to come to this club if he's served the same shit as what FS has.

He's hopefully on his way out now, but he's played us like a bunch of idiots, holds out for 18 month contract,  achieves the basic task of staying in the premiership, realises he isn'tt liked here, realises he probably won't serve the full 18months, sets the team up to play negatively, gives negative and derogatory towards the players press conferences, end of season gets the sack with full payout of contract, off he goes on holiday, and will probably get another fire fighting job mid way though next season with similar money.

Anyone else wish they could have a similar business model for themselves?

What punishment? The kopites went out of their way to tap up VVD quite publically, “stopped” when asked and a short time later, lo! VVD signed! There was no punishment there, why should there be for approaching an unemployed manager?

For the record, I still think our pursuit of him was disgraceful and a complete contradiction to Everton values and conduct

• Romey 1878 changed the title to Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

People tend to show themselves for what they really are when the chips are down....

The arrogant tit thought he and his media chums could wrangle a bit of sympathy and support at our expense ....  He knew his number was up so started feigning offence at the club making boardroom changes without telling him and his team?!

Fuck off hippo head.  Take your expensively assembled crew of coaches and yes men with you. 

Sadly for the premier league we will probably see him take the reigns of someone like Huddersfield in November after sunning himself in Benidorm for 5 Months

At last. Glad we have seen sense.

He was never a good fit for our club but was the by product of some poor internal decision making, planning and timing.

Yes, a small thanks for the stability. But that's all. He knew he was only here for 6 months and played the situation very well...fair play to him. You only live once and he's now settled for life, as are his kids and grandchildren.

We move on. Really hope we all, from the boardroom to the fanbase, have learnt a lot from recent happenings and can get back to being a good club with dignity.

On a bus to Cornwall and am checking the site at the first opportunity. When I couldn’t find the Crooked Sam thread, I knew the news must be good. WHOOHOO. 

Now we can get a real manager, not someone with the humility of Donald Trump, the ethics of Al Capone, the footballing nous of Oliver Hardy, and the looks of Catweazle. 

Thank you, Mr Moshiri sir, and sorry for occasionally doubting you.