IGNORED

Richarlison

3 minutes ago, Steve_E said:

I like it. Fee's crazy of course, but rather spend it on a 21-year-old than on Sigurdsson. Reckon he could play as the centre forward? 

I said the same about Ross Barkley and look what happened.  so do not fuck up the signing or I will go ape shit on you  :lol:

49 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You don't seem to trust Silva quite so much when it comes to Niasse though. Probably because it doesn't match your own thoughts. 

You can like this signing, a forum would be pretty pointless if there's weren't opposing viewpoints. So I'll continue to think he's a poor signing until he's signed, when I'll back him every week as an Everton player.

No, I said something like "Fair enough he can cause chaos so an option off the bench in some games", my personal feelings are that he is not good enough but I trust the new management.

Football is a game with lots of opinions, time will tell how both Richarlson and Niasse perform.

48 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He didn’t even manage to be a half season wonder. I see absolutely nothing to get excited about by signing a bit of a shit flash in the pan regardless of price. 

The desperation for signings is strong in this one. 

I obviously hope he proves me wrong but I see him flopping majorly and us struggling to shift him this time next year. 

There were plenty of mitigating circumstances for his dip in form and given how much they both know him if they are wrong we really are in trouble 

I’m quietly excited about this. The few times I have watched him, I have thought he looks a player. If I didn’t know the price..... I would be looking at this as a positive signing.

Look, we really lack pace. We lack players who can run at, and beat players. This lad is fast, energetic and skilful. With him and either Lookman or Walcott and Cenk in the middle... we would have a very dangerous forward line.

33 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

can someone post where brands has been interested in him as well?  not that i don't believe people i just haven't seen it in the articles (or i missed it).  if true that is promising as well.

From article in Liverpool Echo. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/evertons-potential-signing-richarlison-makes-14935911

"And, he is also a player that Marcel Brands knows well, having been disappointed not to land him for PSV when he was sporting director of the Eredivisie club."

8 minutes ago, London Blue said:

From article in Liverpool Echo. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/evertons-potential-signing-richarlison-makes-14935911

"And, he is also a player that Marcel Brands knows well, having been disappointed not to land him for PSV when he was sporting director of the Eredivisie club."

thank you, then this really does make sense from all angles except price (unless the 50m is just what watford announce meanwhile it's really 30m plus add ons).

I see it as him being overpriced.... and yes it had feelings of Martinez bringing McCarthy and koeman bringing schneiderlein....

But if I look below the surface... it appears that Silva was key in richalison choosing Watford over Ajax... a few months in and Silva was looking to leave and then was fired.... so yeah maybe there is elements of things not being right for the lad.

Let's face it... established international stars like van persie, Rio, Carrick looked awful after SAF left man United. It would be churlish to suggest change in managers doesn't change things.

£50m though???

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

No, I said something like "Fair enough he can cause chaos so an option off the bench in some games", my personal feelings are that he is not good enough but I trust the new management.

Football is a game with lots of opinions, time will tell how both Richarlson and Niasse perform.

Not exactly the polar opposite of what I'm saying about Richarlison then - in that I don't rate him but I'll back him if he arrives.

14 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

thank you, then this really does make sense from all angles except price (unless the 50m is just what watford announce meanwhile it's really 30m plus add ons).

I think the price is around 25 - 30 upfront with the rest in performance related add on's. 

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

N

?

image.jpeg.916a431f58f025565f65ac39c5e0d3a3.jpeg

The price tag being banded around is frightening, given he's not really proven over any length of time. Lookman achieved similar at Leipzig, I'd rather go for Zaha and give Lookman more game time, Walcott is going to spend some time injured, and Zaha led the line for Palace a few times.

on the other hand Richarlison may have downed tools as he knew that Silva was coming here and didn't like the way he was treated by Watford, and that he would follow him.

Ill support him 100% if he does come, and will look forward to him becoming a great ( they must see it if their prepared to pay that amount)

2 hours ago, Steve_E said:

I like it. Fee's crazy of course, but rather spend it on a 21-year-old than on Sigurdsson. Reckon he could play as the centre forward? 

I don't see why he couldn't, its just whether his finishing is good enough. I remember him missing a fair few sitters last year.

5 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

We need more than 2 wingers, especially give Walcotts injury record

if Lookman doesn’t have the stomach to fight for his place then we should take the money and fuck him off now

Of course we need more than 2 wingers, but only two can consistently start, and if we’re paying more than 40 million for one of them, you can guarantee yourself that he’ll be one of them.

Lookman hasn’t said a word. Allardyce chose to send him on loan, and he pushed for a move to the Bundesliga over a Championship squad. That’s it. But if we really see something in the kid, as most of us do, I’d rather not Everton guarantee that he’ll be sitting on the bench most weeks.

Last season Richarlison scored 5 goals, and created 4 assists, all of which came under Silva. All bar 1 assist came before things turned sour at Watford after Everton's approach. 

Richarlison obviously played well under Silva and seemed to struggle after the former Watford manager left the club. Maybe he was given less freedom, or maybe he just really enjoyed playing for Silva and fit into his tactics perfectly. 

One thing is for sure though, if the reported fee is true it is honestly way too much.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

One thing is for sure though, if the reported fee is true it is honestly way too much.

Depends on how he does; three years time it could be a huge bargain if we sell him for £200m but if he flops and we lose money/break even then it's too much. Time will tell, prices are absurd across the board now; it's monopoly money time but as long as we sell at inflated prices as well as buying at them so be it. It's unfortunate that the agents are the big winners but we can't avoid that just now, hopefully someone in a high place somewhere will address that at some point.

4 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

Of course we need more than 2 wingers, but only two can consistently start, and if we’re paying more than 40 million for one of them, you can guarantee yourself that he’ll be one of them.

Lookman hasn’t said a word. Allardyce chose to send him on loan, and he pushed for a move to the Bundesliga over a Championship squad. That’s it. But if we really see something in the kid, as most of us do, I’d rather not Everton guarantee that he’ll be sitting on the bench most weeks.

Actually, Lookman had the guts to defy Allardyce to take a loan overseas. Allardyce refused to play him and tried to force him into the lower leagues. 

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Actually, Lookman had the guts to defy Allardyce to take a loan overseas. Allardyce refused to play him and tried to force him into the lower leagues. 

That’s what I was meaning to say; I realize my pronouns weren’t quite clear.

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

As for Richarlison, he was one of the league’s better players in the first half of last season. I’m not keen on players who down tools for not getting what they want; nonetheless, he’s young and appears to be a real talent. 

I wouldn’t necessarily say he downed tools - they kept picking him for starters and he still seemed to work at the level which drew attention to him at the beginning of the season but in a much less dynamic/high tempo and successful Watford team. Also bear in mind that he’d just come from Brazil and played in the u20 World Cup - he’s not had a full pre-season for a couple of years - DCL faded last season because of this. Also, a young lad in a new country - he is human, it may take its toll at times. I personally think he’ll be a quality - I like the fact that he’s got quality going forward but works hard to get possession back quickly, like Gylfi, too. I think this will be vital if players want to play under Silva.