IGNORED

Richarlison

45 minutes ago, JimmytheJimster said:

How much did we pay for Gomes, Digne and Mina again 🤔 and with the wages, get rid of the dead wood and we should have more than enough, saying that we'd probably only have 6 players left 😂

Are they the 3 top class players... sorry we should add Klassen and Tosun to that too for the same figures

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

In the world of transfers that’s a load of bollocks. 

I totally agree in general and I for one won’t fully believe anything until it’s announced on the os. However this particular speculation does have the hallmarks of more than just ‘bollocks’ as there have been a number of good sources that have confirmed Barca have previously shown interest.

If this ends up being rubbish, and Barcelona leaked to the press that they "submitted" a "bid" just to unsettle Richarlison, there's going to be some sort of repercussions. 

Also would be strange for them to pull a stunt like that when it seems they have a decent relationship with us from the Mina, Digne and Gomes signings.

8 hours ago, JimmytheJimster said:

I would say they are not world class but good enough to get in most teams barring probably the top 6 champions league teams

Plus Richarlison isn’t world class, he has the potential to be, so the gamble is do you keep him in the belief he may become world class and be worth 160 million plus, and let’s be honest there’s just as much of a chance he won’t be, or do you cash in now at 85- 100 million. 

If Barca have come in for him, then let's face it his head will have been turned. We'd be mad to sell now but it will be one to watch in the summer. Sadly given the lack of activity this window I think we're also in a position where we need to sell to buy. 

You don't bring in a manager who is experienced in managing elite level players at the highest level and sell one of your only elite level players and leave him with £80m to try and convince elite level players to sign and join the abundance of mercenaries we've got stinking our club out.

If we wanna raise £80m then sell pickford, schneiderlein, Walcott, niasse, gylfi, Keane and You will find you free up £25m a year in wages too. 

I say pickford because  we could sell him and replace for alot less and get a more emotionally reliable keeper.  The only reason to keep him is shot stopping..... and it ain't great enough to exclude his shortfalls in other areas. 

8 hours ago, barryj said:

I totally agree in general and I for one won’t fully believe anything until it’s announced on the os. However this particular speculation does have the hallmarks of more than just ‘bollocks’ as there have been a number of good sources that have confirmed Barca have previously shown interest.

Alan Myers? He just reports what Sky tell him to report, and Sky make shit up all the time. They're the TV version of TalkSport and The Daily Mirror.

I'm not saying it's not true but I won't be worried we're going to lose him now just because good old Alan is the one to have broken the story.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

You don't bring in a manager who is experienced in managing elite level players at the highest level and sell one of your only elite level players and leave him with £80m to try and convince elite level players to sign and join the abundance of mercenaries we've got stinking our club out.

If we wanna raise £80m then sell pickford, schneiderlein, Walcott, niasse, gylfi, Keane and You will find you free up £25m a year in wages too. 

I say pickford because  we could sell him and replace for alot less and get a more emotionally reliable keeper.  The only reason to keep him is shot stopping..... and it ain't great enough to exclude his shortfalls in other areas. 

Agree with all that except Pickford