IGNORED

Richarlison

4 minutes ago, MC11 said:

I like the look of him. Very raw still but certainly has potential to really crack on. That won’t be at Everton though. Let’s enjoy him whilst he’s here

Gotta make hay whist the sun shines if we want to keep him. 

We never had the money to build a team around Rooney when he was 17.  We do now.

For me the weakest attacking link is Walcott. That can be addressed by brands going out and getting lozano... sadly Coleman needs replacing too.  That last injury has took something from him.  It remains to be seen if richarlison goes back to the left hand side and we buy a striker who the attacking players can pivot off or we use him central. 

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Pickford and Richarlison won't be here after 3 or 4 years regardless of how much we progress. 

Regardless of how much progress we make?  So if we are top 4 and title contenders and get to cup finals and champs league you think they will still be off?

Not necessarily. Outside the prem there are about 5 or 6 clubs that would be appealing... Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve, AC Milan.... pickford doesn't strike me as the sort to up sticks... Richarlison may be Barca quality but would be wanting to play every week. 

If we make a good fist of progressing then we could retain players.

24 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Regardless of how much progress we make?  So if we are top 4 and title contenders and get to cup finals and champs league you think they will still be off?

Not necessarily. Outside the prem there are about 5 or 6 clubs that would be appealing... Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve, AC Milan.... pickford doesn't strike me as the sort to up sticks... Richarlison may be Barca quality but would be wanting to play every week. 

If we make a good fist of progressing then we could retain players.

We realistically won't be top 4 in 3 years so unfortunately I fear Aidan is right, if they both carry on the way they are I think there be gone in 2years to make sure we get the max money for them.

Just thinking rationally about it. Don't get me wrong, I hope they stay and help us achieve CL stature, but these guys may well have the potential to be in with a shout of winning the CL not just competing. 

But a long way off that, and I can't wait to enjoy them for the now!

2 hours ago, Isaiah said:

Richarlison starting to draw attention even on American media. Front page of the CNN website today:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/22/football/richarlison-brazil-everton-watford-america-mineiro-spt-intl/index.html

"Pulling on the infamous yellow jersey [of Brazil] is something that took the youngster a while to come to terms with."

Do Americans have a different interpretation of the word "infamous" or is that just a mistake?

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

"Pulling on the infamous yellow jersey [of Brazil] is something that took the youngster a while to come to terms with."

Do Americans have a different interpretation of the word "infamous" or is that just a mistake?

That must be a mistake. When I hear "infamous" I think famous for the wrong reasons. An outlaw, for example. 

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Maybe it's infamous to them because they're scared of them? 

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Originally the word infamous meant famous and was used for both negative and positive reasons and some writers and journalists still use the word to mean good or bad, I think the reader has to understand the meaning of the article and place it accordingly.

Well that's my take.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's time to move him back out to the wing, it doesn't seem to be working as well and don't think he's quite ready to play in the middle. 

He looked his best (in the Derby) taking the ball out on the left and we often lost it trying to go through him when in the middle. 

I'd rather play him too his strength and relieve some of the added pressure on him, even if it means we've got to Bench a preferred player to bring on a CF.  Maybe play him through the middle on a opponent/case by case basis.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger deal made of his head movement towards the end of the game. 

He's a little too dramatic for me sometimes, and fiery in the wrong way. No doubt he's a very good talent but he needs to learn to manage his emotions better if he wants to excel

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger deal made of his head movement towards the end of the game. 

He's a little too dramatic for me sometimes, and fiery in the wrong way. No doubt he's a very good talent but he needs to learn to manage his emotions better if he wants to excel

he's 21 matt, he's still a kid.  he is growing.

8 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

I think it's time to move him back out to the wing, it doesn't seem to be working as well and don't think he's quite ready to play in the middle. 

He looked his best (in the Derby) taking the ball out on the left and we often lost it trying to go through him when in the middle. 

I'd rather play him too his strength and relieve some of the added pressure on him, even if it means we've got to Bench a preferred player to bring on a CF.  Maybe play him through the middle on a opponent/case by case basis.

I agree 100%, he has so much ability but it's not best suited to playing CF, he doesn't win enough of the upfield clearances with his head, DCL ( who may not be everyone's choice) came on yesterday and won the ones he got involved in, also if DCL was used as the striker, he can play OK out wide giving the opportunity of switching them around to unsettle the opposition.

Decembers a long month with a lot of games, we need to use the squad to avoid injuries etc.

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh I know, which is why I want him to start so he can learn and improve. Concerns are still valid though

not really for me, he's brazilian and it's a part of their football culture and he's young, give him a couple more years and he will improve.  now i don't think he will never play act again, but i think it will lessen as time goes on.